post #361 of 380 Old 05-30-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Ryse Morituri Pack Released (Click to show)
The latest add-on for “Ryse: Son of Rome,” the “Morituri Pack,” launches today. Available for $7.99 USD in the Xbox Games Store, or as part of the “Ryse: Son of Rome” Season Pass, the “Morituri Pack” gives gladiators brand-new content, including a slew of exotic and deadly arenas to further their legacy upon the blood-splattered sands of the Colosseum.

The “Morituri Pack” introduces three new arenas for Gladiator mode – Beacon, False Gods and Revolution – and two for Survival mode – Sulfur River and The Forbidden Forest. Beacon tasks players with infiltrating a barbarian camp, False Gods has gladiators battling in Ancient Egyptian temples, and Revolution is set amid the crumbling ruins of the once majestic Roman Empire. In Sulfur River and The Forbidden Forest, navigate an onslaught of perilous traps as you battle against insurmountable odds until the bitter end.

If fighting in the arena alone is more your style, the “Morituri Pack” also includes five arenas that have been optimized for Solo Mode – Beacon, Revolution, False Gods, Market and Garden. Lastly, the “Morituri Pack” enables gladiators to don the savage battle armor of Oswald, King of the Britons.

Announcement at news.xbox.com here.

Thanks for the info; sounds like Crytek is finally recognizing the worth of more single player content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 380 Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 480
I played 3 of the new solo maps (Beacon, Revolution and Garden) and they are incredible. There's combat at night, combat in the rain, combat while surrounded by fire, arrow throwers and catapults that you can't eliminate and amazingly complex architecture. They've really outdone themselves.

I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of the Season Pass.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #363 of 380 Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Sweet, I'll give this a shot tonight! I haven't touched Ryse in a while, it'll be wonderful to get into those SP maps!

-JR
post #364 of 380 Old 06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The other two, "False Gods" and "Marketplace" are equally fun. It's strange that hacking up barbarians has such a soothing effect on me biggrin.gif.

Try "Garden" with Diana as your patron god. There are traps which surround you in a ring of fire that you can't get out of (though I believe that enemies can jump into); if you trigger Diana's "Hurricane Blast" in this situation, all of the enemies get pushed into the fire and die screaming--hilarious cool.gif. Diana's power isn't good for racking up a high score, since it mostly kills enemies with the environment, denying you the chance to execute them. But it is amusing to line yourself up just right and blast swarms of enemies into spikes and pits and off platforms biggrin.gif.

post #365 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 526
I had no idea Crytek wasn't doing so well. I wonder if they'll sell the IP to Microsoft or another developer.

Full article at link:

http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-not...l-d-1594967505

Sources: Crytek Not Paying Staff On Time, Ryse Sequel Dropped
post #366 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 59
Ryse was an awesome game. I hope Microsoft buys the IP.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #367 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Well that sucks if the sequel was dropped.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #368 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Seems like a waste of some very valuable art assets. Hopefully MS does buy the IP and continue development of the sequel.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

post #369 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

The season pass for Ryse is $9.99 for Xbox Live subscribers this week; just might pick it up at that price as it is only a couple of bucks more than the latest map/costume pack.
post #370 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not yet believing this one. Crytek has several announced games in development and many active licensees of CryEngine. They're also denying the report.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #371 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
The season pass for Ryse is $9.99 for Xbox Live subscribers this week; just might pick it up at that price as it is only a couple of bucks more than the latest map/costume pack.
I think that $20 has been a bargain. It depends upon how much you do or would play the multiplayer or solo gladiator modes.

post #372 of 380 Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax View Post
Not yet believing this one. Crytek has several announced games in development and many active licensees of CryEngine. They're also denying the report.
If it is true that they are delaying/cutting paychecks then that is typically a very ominous sign for a company. Typically when that happens there are major changes that occur soon afterward. Changes that do not benefit the employees.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #373 of 380 Old 06-27-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I think that $20 has been a bargain. It depends upon how much you do or would play the multiplayer or solo gladiator modes.
The $9.99 is pretty amazing considering all the content that brings you.

-JR
post #374 of 380 Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
The $9.99 is pretty amazing considering all the content that brings you.

The only content that you get are maps and skins for multiplayer and solo gladiator mode, so if you don't play that then the season pass isn't worth anything.
post #375 of 380 Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I decided to get the season pass as I always enjoyed Gladiator mode and if only for the extra single player levels, the $9.99 pricetag was well worth it. I'm sure the added variety of maps will also make it a little easier and less tedious to make it to Level 150 (don't know if I have the stamina to get to 200).

Ryse was a very good if often overlooked and unfairly maligned game and that further encouraged me to take advantage of the discount.
Sorax likes this.
post #376 of 380 Old 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
I decided to get the season pass as I always enjoyed Gladiator mode and if only for the extra single player levels, the $9.99 pricetag was well worth it.

By "extra single player levels" I assume that you're referring to solo Gladiator Mode maps? All of the packs to date increase the number of those to 11, up from the 3 which came with the game. I've decided that my least favorite is "Beacon" (too cramped and ends with combat in small spaces while trying to evade a constant barrage of flaming arrows and catapult fire), with "Marketplace" running a close second (really gloomy, depressing and poorly lit; I get hit much more than normal because I failed to see the blow coming). My very favorite map is "Revolution". I also like "Barbarous", "Invictus" and "False Gods". "Garden" is fun with Diana as your patron god. I need Jupiter's power for "Barbarous" and "False Gods" (they both end in defending a statue of Nero); I use Mars for everything else (the time slowing focus powers are too unbalanced in your favor and Diana's power is only good for environmental kills; Mar's power just softens them up without stopping them from fighting you).

I play solo Gladiator fairly frequently still. I find it to be strangely soothing . I think that my rank is somewhere around 450--it's just a measure of how much you've played.

post #377 of 380 Old 06-28-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

450??!! I'll be happy if I make it to 150.

Yes, I was referring to Gladiator mode (pity there were no new campaign/story add-ons released). After having played the original three solo gladiator maps for so long any new arenas were welcome, even if some of them were a bit more "cheap" than the original three. Gladiator mode is fun because it is very easy to get back into, even after an extended time away from the game, and I often find myself going back to play a few more rounds.
post #378 of 380 Old 07-13-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Just got back to playing this game again (I was getting a little burnt out with Titanfall). Got the season pass last week when on sale. I have to admit, this is one gorgeous game. Forgot how nice the graphics were.

Finally finished the game on legendary difficulty. I was initially intimidated, but it was not as bad as I thought it could have been. I abused the heavy shield attack, as it seems to be un blockable by all except for a couple of bosses. Similarly half way through, I realized that there is no point in trying to gain health with executions, it is better to gain focus, as the game replenished health at checkpoints when you die. Thus, it is better to build up as much focus and used when swarmed.

Anyways, now on to the multiplayer part and the long journey to level 200.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #379 of 380 Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a question.
Does this game not support the suspend feature on Xbox One?
I swear I go back to the game the next day, after not launching another game, and it starts loading from the start (which takes forever).

I am having fun the small time I have played it but I am clueless on the upgrade system.
post #380 of 380 Old 07-17-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The "resume games quickly" feature does not always work with Ryse. I'd say that it works properly about 2/3rds of the time. Sometimes when it fails you have to restart the Xbox "from scratch" to get the game to start again (press and hold the button on the console to get it to power down to power-saver mode then boot). I've seen it restart with problems, like stuttering sound. Once everything was fine except the red painted wooden things in the arena (the bunker entrances, etc) were sort of party-colored, like confetti.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Ryse Son Of Rome Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page