post #361 of 385 Old 05-30-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Ryse Morituri Pack Released (Click to show)
The latest add-on for “Ryse: Son of Rome,” the “Morituri Pack,” launches today. Available for $7.99 USD in the Xbox Games Store, or as part of the “Ryse: Son of Rome” Season Pass, the “Morituri Pack” gives gladiators brand-new content, including a slew of exotic and deadly arenas to further their legacy upon the blood-splattered sands of the Colosseum.

The “Morituri Pack” introduces three new arenas for Gladiator mode – Beacon, False Gods and Revolution – and two for Survival mode – Sulfur River and The Forbidden Forest. Beacon tasks players with infiltrating a barbarian camp, False Gods has gladiators battling in Ancient Egyptian temples, and Revolution is set amid the crumbling ruins of the once majestic Roman Empire. In Sulfur River and The Forbidden Forest, navigate an onslaught of perilous traps as you battle against insurmountable odds until the bitter end.

If fighting in the arena alone is more your style, the “Morituri Pack” also includes five arenas that have been optimized for Solo Mode – Beacon, Revolution, False Gods, Market and Garden. Lastly, the “Morituri Pack” enables gladiators to don the savage battle armor of Oswald, King of the Britons.

Announcement at news.xbox.com here.

Thanks for the info; sounds like Crytek is finally recognizing the worth of more single player content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 385 Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 548
I played 3 of the new solo maps (Beacon, Revolution and Garden) and they are incredible. There's combat at night, combat in the rain, combat while surrounded by fire, arrow throwers and catapults that you can't eliminate and amazingly complex architecture. They've really outdone themselves.

I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of the Season Pass.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
post #363 of 385 Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Sweet, I'll give this a shot tonight! I haven't touched Ryse in a while, it'll be wonderful to get into those SP maps!

-JR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #364 of 385 Old 06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The other two, "False Gods" and "Marketplace" are equally fun. It's strange that hacking up barbarians has such a soothing effect on me biggrin.gif.

Try "Garden" with Diana as your patron god. There are traps which surround you in a ring of fire that you can't get out of (though I believe that enemies can jump into); if you trigger Diana's "Hurricane Blast" in this situation, all of the enemies get pushed into the fire and die screaming--hilarious cool.gif. Diana's power isn't good for racking up a high score, since it mostly kills enemies with the environment, denying you the chance to execute them. But it is amusing to line yourself up just right and blast swarms of enemies into spikes and pits and off platforms biggrin.gif.

"
" -- hookbill
post #365 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
I had no idea Crytek wasn't doing so well. I wonder if they'll sell the IP to Microsoft or another developer.

Full article at link:

http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-not...l-d-1594967505

Sources: Crytek Not Paying Staff On Time, Ryse Sequel Dropped
post #366 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Ryse was an awesome game. I hope Microsoft buys the IP.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #367 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Well that sucks if the sequel was dropped.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #368 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Seems like a waste of some very valuable art assets. Hopefully MS does buy the IP and continue development of the sequel.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

"
" -- hookbill
post #369 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

The season pass for Ryse is $9.99 for Xbox Live subscribers this week; just might pick it up at that price as it is only a couple of bucks more than the latest map/costume pack.
post #370 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Not yet believing this one. Crytek has several announced games in development and many active licensees of CryEngine. They're also denying the report.

Gamer Tag:
post #371 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
The season pass for Ryse is $9.99 for Xbox Live subscribers this week; just might pick it up at that price as it is only a couple of bucks more than the latest map/costume pack.
I think that $20 has been a bargain. It depends upon how much you do or would play the multiplayer or solo gladiator modes.

"
" -- hookbill
post #372 of 385 Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax View Post
Not yet believing this one. Crytek has several announced games in development and many active licensees of CryEngine. They're also denying the report.
If it is true that they are delaying/cutting paychecks then that is typically a very ominous sign for a company. Typically when that happens there are major changes that occur soon afterward. Changes that do not benefit the employees.

post #373 of 385 Old 06-27-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I think that $20 has been a bargain. It depends upon how much you do or would play the multiplayer or solo gladiator modes.
The $9.99 is pretty amazing considering all the content that brings you.

-JR

post #374 of 385 Old 06-27-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
The $9.99 is pretty amazing considering all the content that brings you.

The only content that you get are maps and skins for multiplayer and solo gladiator mode, so if you don't play that then the season pass isn't worth anything.
post #375 of 385 Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I decided to get the season pass as I always enjoyed Gladiator mode and if only for the extra single player levels, the $9.99 pricetag was well worth it. I'm sure the added variety of maps will also make it a little easier and less tedious to make it to Level 150 (don't know if I have the stamina to get to 200).

Ryse was a very good if often overlooked and unfairly maligned game and that further encouraged me to take advantage of the discount.
Sorax likes this.
post #376 of 385 Old 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
I decided to get the season pass as I always enjoyed Gladiator mode and if only for the extra single player levels, the $9.99 pricetag was well worth it.

By "extra single player levels" I assume that you're referring to solo Gladiator Mode maps? All of the packs to date increase the number of those to 11, up from the 3 which came with the game. I've decided that my least favorite is "Beacon" (too cramped and ends with combat in small spaces while trying to evade a constant barrage of flaming arrows and catapult fire), with "Marketplace" running a close second (really gloomy, depressing and poorly lit; I get hit much more than normal because I failed to see the blow coming). My very favorite map is "Revolution". I also like "Barbarous", "Invictus" and "False Gods". "Garden" is fun with Diana as your patron god. I need Jupiter's power for "Barbarous" and "False Gods" (they both end in defending a statue of Nero); I use Mars for everything else (the time slowing focus powers are too unbalanced in your favor and Diana's power is only good for environmental kills; Mar's power just softens them up without stopping them from fighting you).

I play solo Gladiator fairly frequently still. I find it to be strangely soothing . I think that my rank is somewhere around 450--it's just a measure of how much you've played.

"
" -- hookbill
post #377 of 385 Old 06-28-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

450??!! I'll be happy if I make it to 150.

Yes, I was referring to Gladiator mode (pity there were no new campaign/story add-ons released). After having played the original three solo gladiator maps for so long any new arenas were welcome, even if some of them were a bit more "cheap" than the original three. Gladiator mode is fun because it is very easy to get back into, even after an extended time away from the game, and I often find myself going back to play a few more rounds.
post #378 of 385 Old 07-13-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just got back to playing this game again (I was getting a little burnt out with Titanfall). Got the season pass last week when on sale. I have to admit, this is one gorgeous game. Forgot how nice the graphics were.

Finally finished the game on legendary difficulty. I was initially intimidated, but it was not as bad as I thought it could have been. I abused the heavy shield attack, as it seems to be un blockable by all except for a couple of bosses. Similarly half way through, I realized that there is no point in trying to gain health with executions, it is better to gain focus, as the game replenished health at checkpoints when you die. Thus, it is better to build up as much focus and used when swarmed.

Anyways, now on to the multiplayer part and the long journey to level 200.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #379 of 385 Old 07-17-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have a question.
Does this game not support the suspend feature on Xbox One?
I swear I go back to the game the next day, after not launching another game, and it starts loading from the start (which takes forever).

I am having fun the small time I have played it but I am clueless on the upgrade system.
post #380 of 385 Old 07-17-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The "resume games quickly" feature does not always work with Ryse. I'd say that it works properly about 2/3rds of the time. Sometimes when it fails you have to restart the Xbox "from scratch" to get the game to start again (press and hold the button on the console to get it to power down to power-saver mode then boot). I've seen it restart with problems, like stuttering sound. Once everything was fine except the red painted wooden things in the arena (the bunker entrances, etc) were sort of party-colored, like confetti.

"
" -- hookbill
post #381 of 385 Old 08-07-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Ryse: Son of Rome is coming to PC

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-...s-coming-to-pc

Crytek’s breathtaking Xbox One Launch title will be released on PC later this year ready for 4K resolution
Ryse: Son of Rome, is coming to PC this Fall. While Crytek will publish the game on digital channels, they will collaborate with the co-publishing partner Deep Silver for the boxed version distribution to retail stores. In addition, all of the Ryse: Son of Rome DLC packages that have been created and released since launch will be included in the PC version.
“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible.
The PC version of Ryse will come with bonus material originally released as downloadable content, including: The Colosseum Pack containing two character skins and two Arena maps; the Mars’ Chosen Pack containing one new character skin, four Arena maps, and the new Survival mode; the Duel of Fates Pack containing two character skins, two Arena maps, and one additional Survival map; and the Morituri Pack, with three new Arena maps, two Survival maps, and five solo Arena maps. Finally, PC players will also have instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the “Legionnaire’s Trust” sword initially released as part of a special edition of the game.

About Crytek
Crytek GmbH (“Crytek”) is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, Xbox 360, PlayStation®3, iOS and Android using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company’s headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Nottingham (UK), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012). For more information, please visit www.crytek.com.

About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series and action packed role-playing from the Sacred world. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include Dead Island 2 and Homefront: The Revolution. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA, and Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States. www.kochmedia.com
post #382 of 385 Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Ryse 2 could still happen once Xbox One sells more, assures Crytek

http://www.totalxbox.com/80183/ryse-...ssures-crytek/

"We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse."

Eurogamer's just published a barn-stormer of an interview with Crytek CEO and co-founder Cevat Yerli about the studio's recent cashflow problems, sale of the Homefront IP to Koch Media and experiments with free-to-play. It's worth reading in full, but you might be especially interested in Yerli's thoughts about what's next for Ryse, Xbox One's prettiest/bloodiest launch game.
The game had an uneven development, beginning life as a first-person Kinect experience for Xbox 360, before gravitating to Xbox One as a third-person hack 'n' slasher with extensive, but optional Kinect features. It was treated to mixed reviews, with OXM's 7/10 one of the friendlier verdicts. Crytek is, however, proud of its achievement and feels there's scope for a (possibly multi-platform) sequel, once next generation consoles sell enough to support one.
"Our goal always was for Ryse to be at the forefront of a next-generation console launch, which we have done," he said. "Ryse has received tremendous promotion and IP awareness. And Ryse is our IP. We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse. This is important."

Microsoft was apparently happy for Crytek to delay the game, despite a prior agreement to release it at Xbox One's launch, but the development team chose to release it as originally scheduled

"There is never a not troubled development," Yerli confessed. "Let's be realistic. Far Cry was troubled. Crysis was troubled. Every game that wants to say it's a high quality product will have challenges that are unpredictable towards the last nine months of the project. This is the reality. And as a launch title the trouble comes from the fact that there are - there are NDA-related materials I can't talk about - but the platform is being built at the same time we are building the game.
"So, was it challenging? Definitely Ryse was one of the most challenging I have been involved in. And I have been involved from Far Cry forwards. It was a very tight development and definitely had its troubles. But are looking back at is a proud achievement. That's what matters at the end of the day."
He also denied a rumour that Microsoft and Crytek have fallen out over the prospect of a sequel, with Microsoft allegedly demanding ownership of the IP first. "We have a good relationship with Microsoft. We are constantly looking at what we can do together. We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up.
"For Ryse 2, we aren't saying it's cancelled. It's our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen."
Yerli claims there's plenty of love for Ryse, its flaws notwithstanding. "Look, Ryse was maybe not the best rated game, but what we achieved for launch was a great foundation for us to build up. I know there are a lot of gamers who are contacting me through different channels who want to see Ryse 2. There is a lot of positive feedback. We're considering it. But at this point there is nothing official I can talk about."
post #383 of 385 Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Ryse 2 could still happen once Xbox One sells more, assures Crytek

http://www.totalxbox.com/80183/ryse-...ssures-crytek/

"We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse."

Eurogamer's just published a barn-stormer of an interview with Crytek CEO and co-founder Cevat Yerli about the studio's recent cashflow problems, sale of the Homefront IP to Koch Media and experiments with free-to-play. It's worth reading in full, but you might be especially interested in Yerli's thoughts about what's next for Ryse, Xbox One's prettiest/bloodiest launch game.
The game had an uneven development, beginning life as a first-person Kinect experience for Xbox 360, before gravitating to Xbox One as a third-person hack 'n' slasher with extensive, but optional Kinect features. It was treated to mixed reviews, with OXM's 7/10 one of the friendlier verdicts. Crytek is, however, proud of its achievement and feels there's scope for a (possibly multi-platform) sequel, once next generation consoles sell enough to support one.
"Our goal always was for Ryse to be at the forefront of a next-generation console launch, which we have done," he said. "Ryse has received tremendous promotion and IP awareness. And Ryse is our IP. We do what we want to do with the future of Ryse. This is important."

Microsoft was apparently happy for Crytek to delay the game, despite a prior agreement to release it at Xbox One's launch, but the development team chose to release it as originally scheduled

"There is never a not troubled development," Yerli confessed. "Let's be realistic. Far Cry was troubled. Crysis was troubled. Every game that wants to say it's a high quality product will have challenges that are unpredictable towards the last nine months of the project. This is the reality. And as a launch title the trouble comes from the fact that there are - there are NDA-related materials I can't talk about - but the platform is being built at the same time we are building the game.
"So, was it challenging? Definitely Ryse was one of the most challenging I have been involved in. And I have been involved from Far Cry forwards. It was a very tight development and definitely had its troubles. But are looking back at is a proud achievement. That's what matters at the end of the day."
He also denied a rumour that Microsoft and Crytek have fallen out over the prospect of a sequel, with Microsoft allegedly demanding ownership of the IP first. "We have a good relationship with Microsoft. We are constantly looking at what we can do together. We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up.
"For Ryse 2, we aren't saying it's cancelled. It's our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen."
Yerli claims there's plenty of love for Ryse, its flaws notwithstanding. "Look, Ryse was maybe not the best rated game, but what we achieved for launch was a great foundation for us to build up. I know there are a lot of gamers who are contacting me through different channels who want to see Ryse 2. There is a lot of positive feedback. We're considering it. But at this point there is nothing official I can talk about."
post #384 of 385 Old 08-08-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Next Gen? The current Gen just started last year. Do they expect to wait several more years for next gen consoles to come out?

post #385 of 385 Old 08-08-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Obviously there is some confusion as to how to refer to the "last gen" (360, PS3, Wii) and the "current gen" (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U). Usually, instead of "current gen" I use "new gen". The "current" or "new" gen still seems kind of unsubstantial somehow.

"
" -- hookbill
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Ryse Son Of Rome Day One Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page