The Official XB1 "Kinect-less Option" Petition / Debate Thread - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 08-01-2013, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

Petition for Kinect 5.1. Surround cameras and one large device to pickup the vibrations of all the jumping around.
Actually I saw a demo a long time ago of two kinects on each side of the screen. It allowed for looking directly into the screen at the person you were chating with rather than an akward angle.
Social media and online dating profile pics will never be the same!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

Careful, I made the same comment sarcastically and got reported to the thought police. They even showed up to my house wearing Kinect visors.

Don't feel bad. I got reported and a suspension due to another member attacking me, and me staying quiet about it. Figure that one out!
post #33 of 34 Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Uhhh ooooo spaghetiioooos!!! (Inn before Kinect white knights of peace come in to proclaim Carmacks experience to be null an void because he used a pre-alpha build version of kinect 2 and that somehow microsoft wizards will pull off the hail mary of all baby jesus by release date)

During his QuakeCon keynote, id Software's John Carmack says the next generation of consoles are both "very good," but Kinect has latency issues.

But while Carmack notes the similarities between next-gen hardware, he doesn't seem quite as convinced on the new Kinect. Calling Microsoft's motion sensor "sort of like a zero-button mouse with a lot of latency," Carmack clearly has some major issues with the device's functionality.

"Kinect still has some fundamental limitations with the latency and framerate," said Carmack. "It's fundamentally a poor interaction."
freemeat likes this.
post #34 of 34 Old 08-03-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 885
MS already said the latency with Kinect 2.0 is around 60ms. They reduced the latency by one third compared to what it was with Kinect 1.0.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page