Madden 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 75 Old 08-08-2013, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I know a lot of people hate Madden, but I am looking forward to it. I finally watched the video of the Owner Mode, and I am glad they are bringing all that stuff back. I really enjoyed messing with all that stuff, as it was a way to expand your game.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 Old 08-09-2013, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I am tempted to pick it up through Amazon to get the NFL Package. That's a pretty sweet deal.

post #3 of 75 Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I am tempted to pick it up through Amazon to get the NFL Package. That's a pretty sweet deal.

It's only the version for computer, tablet, and mobile devices. So, if you have DirectTV it won't be through your DVR/satellite feed.
post #4 of 75 Old 08-09-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I am aware of that. Hoping I can just hook up my laptop to my HDTV via HDMI.

post #5 of 75 Old 08-09-2013, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I am aware of that. Hoping I can just hook up my laptop to my HDTV via HDMI.
I did this last year when I cut cable and a friend gave me his log in info for sunday ticket.

post #6 of 75 Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The Sunday Ticket bonus is one of the reason's I'm keeping my pre-order. I've been on and off with Madden games the last few years, but I figure I'll have a couple of months to play with it before the Xbox One + BF4 occupy any free time I have.

Xbox Live:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #7 of 75 Old 08-12-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

The Sunday Ticket bonus is one of the reason's I'm keeping my pre-order. I've been on and off with Madden games the last few years, but I figure I'll have a couple of months to play with it before the Xbox One + BF4 occupy any free time I have.

That's the biggest reason I'm getting it this year too. It's generally $350 alone just for the Sunday Ticket streaming package if you don't subscribe to DirecTV.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #8 of 75 Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
For those that are interested, the demo is up. Downloading now.
post #9 of 75 Old 08-13-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will download it as soon as I get home tonight.

post #10 of 75 Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I played the demo. I have played every madden. I hate the so far away view (im on a 55 inch tv). It seems outdated and I was bored. What did others think?
post #11 of 75 Old 08-13-2013, 08:22 PM

Liked: 20
I noticed that as well, but I'm certain that the camera view will be adjustable in the full version.
post #12 of 75 Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 PM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick View Post

I played the demo. I have played every madden. I hate the so far away view (im on a 55 inch tv). It seems outdated and I was bored. What did others think?

Im on a 110" projector and CANNOT stand the crap view either. Doesnt matter, the game looks horrid at 110" anyway. I am gonna wait it out and try the demo for the PS4 when it releases.
post #13 of 75 Old 08-14-2013, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I've been burned by the hype and bought Madden intermittently too many times over the years. It's easy for me to resist now since I can recall the sting of disappointment.
post #14 of 75 Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekinMerrick View Post

100% agree...got to halftime, exited demo, deleted demo.
post #15 of 75 Old 08-14-2013, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 414
I havent tried the demo and I havent played Madden for about 2 years now. I have always preferred NCAA over the Madden series, even though I dont watch college football at all but the game just seems a lot more fun to play.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #16 of 75 Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
The $25 Ea Sports season ticket saves me about $180 a year. I download NCAA football 4 days early, play thorugh a season, think meh, and never want to play it again. Do the same thing with Madden and Tiger Woods.

The only game I still buy yearly is NHL14 and that is only because I'm a hockey addict and have a lot of fun (and some frustration) playing hockey with a full team of people against other full teams of people. if NBA 2k could ever get that right, I'm sure it would be a blast too. Just doesn't translate well to football.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #17 of 75 Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 PM

Liked: 44
I'll be buying the Amazon $99 edition and selling the game right away - football fan but horrible at Madden! Thinking I could get around $40 for the game when just released so Sunday Ticket on my iPad would cost me $60 minus the cost that Red Zone would normally be. Not a bad deal at all!
post #18 of 75 Old 08-24-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 497
did you guys see this guy strain a hammy to get a copy... running the 40 yard dash...
post #19 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Amazon Annv Edition of 25 will be here TODAY!!!

smile.gif

Location Date Local Time Activity
Landover, MD, United States 08/26/2013 7:09 A.M. Out For Delivery
08/26/2013 5:31 A.M. Arrival Scan
Richmond, VA, United States 08/26/2013 3:12 A.M. Departure Scan
08/26/2013 12:12 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 08/25/2013 10:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

post #20 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, sweet. Mine shows Shipping Now so I don't think it has left yet. I am assuming the NFL Ticket code is in the box? Amazon didn't e-mail you a code right?

post #21 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
So I've been playing the early release the past few days, here are my thoughts (and I'm by no means a madden expert):

-Running game, pretty fun. It seems like they keep improving the blocking as well as the cutbacks/dekes without using hte skill stick (or whatever madden calls it). I also like the inclusion of the left trigger modifier to jukes, hurdles etc. It isn't so easy to pull off that it makes the game to easy, but it does make for some memorable moments when you pull of a huge deke or spin move.

-Option - the indicator of who to watch when running the option makes it a little too easy to run it. Sometimes even if you play it right, the defense will still be in hte backfield and stop you for a loss though, which is good. This never seemed to happen in NCAA 14.

-Passing, still easily the worst part of offense. You either pick go to plays and complete every throw, or try to mix it up and no one can get open. And on default settings, receivers still drop to many wide open passes. They also make up for the lousy reciver routes by making the defense drop a lot of easy picks.

-Defense is still a snooze fest. seems like it is almost impossible to make a real impact on d and I would probably just start simming it again if I picked up the game. Also, the new ball-hawk mechanic makes it way to easy to pick off passes and even though this lets you make an impact, it is super cheesy.

-special teams - no changes.

Other - Animations are still a little silly sometimes. I haven't seen any players tripping over each other like last years game, but sometimes a guys leg will look like it is stuck in the ground about 2 feet and his body will shake and warp around. Happens pretty often too. Some of the gang tackle and hit animations are still pretty wonky too.

Won't be buying it this year. Especially with how well the NHL 14 demo is playing and GTAV coming out a week later. Just to many good games to buy another mediocre Madden. I'll try to gamefly it though.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #22 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Amazon Annv Edition of 25 will be here TODAY!!!

smile.gif

Location Date Local Time Activity
Landover, MD, United States 08/26/2013 7:09 A.M. Out For Delivery
08/26/2013 5:31 A.M. Arrival Scan
Richmond, VA, United States 08/26/2013 3:12 A.M. Departure Scan
08/26/2013 12:12 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 08/25/2013 10:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Damn, my PS3 version hasn't shipped yet. I am a Prime member so I should get it tomorrow. Let me know how the Sunday Ticket code works out, if it's a paper with a code or whatnot.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #23 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Damn, my PS3 version hasn't shipped yet. I am a Prime member so I should get it tomorrow. Let me know how the Sunday Ticket code works out, if it's a paper with a code or whatnot.

My PS3 version shipped this mornining via prime.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
post #24 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

That's what's in the box.

post #25 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Looks like one great username to remember.

I just got my email about an hour ago that they shipped it and you are just getting yours. Nice to live near the warehouse.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #26 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

That's what's in the box.

Awesome, thanks for posting. I was wondering how they were going to handle it. Looks like you get a unique username and password. I hope the update they made to the DTV iPad app lets you airplay mirror, but I doubt it.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #27 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yeah, thanks for posting that DAEKWAN. Make sure that USER ID AND PASSWORD are covered up good, so no one steals it smile.gif

My PS3 version should be here by Wed/Thurs(used 2 day shipping).

Hey I posted this in the Playstation thread. Does the XBOX360 have it's own Internet Browser like the PS3? I do not know. I never owned one. But here was my thought on the PS3:

What is stopping people from using the PS3 Internet Browser to ACCESS the Mobile version of NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV's website?

I mean, if it works, then you can easily watch it on your Big TV through the PS3.

Is this possible? I no longer have my PS3. I sold it to GameStop for credit towards a PS4, or XBOXONE. Whichever one people seem too like more. I am not a FANBOY of either. Just whichever one better suits my needs/wants.

But I read that somewhere online. What could stop people from accessing NFLST Mobile this way?

I know the PS3 Internet Browser has it's limits. But seemed to work OK on everything I used it for. TOTALLY CLUNKY in it's operation, but still got the job done.

Anyone?
post #28 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just logged in at directv.com/EASpecial

Once you login with the supplied Username/Password.. you can immediately change the login email address and password on the account.  I've done this and made it my personal gmail address and one of my own passwords.  I've logged out and logged back into www.directv.com and it works just fine.  It tell me:  "CONGRATULATIONS! NFL SUNDAY TICKET has been added to your account. Take me to NFL SUNDAY TICKET." when I login and gives me a link to go to the programming.  

Also logged into the iPhone app with my personal email and changed password and t works just fine. Give me a notice to come back next week for programming.

post #29 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Yeah, thanks for posting that DAEKWAN. Make sure that USER ID AND PASSWORD are covered up good, so no one steals it smile.gif

My PS3 version should be here by Wed/Thurs(used 2 day shipping).

Hey I posted this in the Playstation thread. Does the XBOX360 have it's own Internet Browser like the PS3? I do not know. I never owned one. But here was my thought on the PS3:

What is stopping people from using the PS3 Internet Browser to ACCESS the Mobile version of NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV's website?

I mean, if it works, then you can easily watch it on your Big TV through the PS3.

Is this possible? I no longer have my PS3. I sold it to GameStop for credit towards a PS4, or XBOXONE. Whichever one people seem too like more. I am not a FANBOY of either. Just whichever one better suits my needs/wants.

But I read that somewhere online. What could stop people from accessing NFLST Mobile this way?

I know the PS3 Internet Browser has it's limits. But seemed to work OK on everything I used it for. TOTALLY CLUNKY in it's operation, but still got the job done.

Anyone?

Yep.

Xbox360 has Internet Explorer browser. They sent an update some time last year to add IE to the system apps.

post #30 of 75 Old 08-26-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Awesome, thanks for posting. I was wondering how they were going to handle it. Looks like you get a unique username and password. I hope the update they made to the DTV iPad app lets you airplay mirror, but I doubt it.

Cant test Airplay functionality yet, because I'm still waiting on Verizon to come and install FIOS at my crib. But you best believe thats the number one thing on my list to do.

I'll try it from the Macbook & iPhone as soon I get a chance.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Madden Nfl 25 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page