Nabs17's Avatar Nabs17 05:18 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
I'll take an extra code if someone has one

Do you still need one?
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 07:12 PM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD MC View Post
Do you mean loaded as in the initial install? That definitely was faster, about 30 mins on the XB1 compared to 3+ hrs on the PS4, but that is about the norm for all PSN vs XBL downloads going back to last generation. (Im ethernet on all 4 systems, no wifi for me, 50/50 Fios)

For load times between levels (ship scenes) those seemed the same. I will try to test that out. Thanks for the correction about 900p, I knew it wasnt running at 1080p.
I just timed several load times on both an XBOne and a PS4. I did each one three times on each console. My PS4 has a 7200 rpm drive. My XBOne is using an external SSD.

For the initial loading screen from starting the game to get to the screen where you press the x button or a button on the controllers. Each console took around 16 seconds to get to that point.

Then when setting a destination of the tower. I timed from hitting launch to when the character appeared in the tower.
The XBOne took around 46 seconds. The PS4 took around 53 seconds.

Then I timed with a destination of Old Russia. The level 4 choice in the bottom middle of the map. Again I timed from first selecting Launch until the character appeared.

The XBOne took around 29 seconds. The PS4 took around 36 seconds.
JudgeSmails's Avatar JudgeSmails 07:31 PM 07-23-2014
My last free code for any takers, enjoy!

D3VC9-RDHGP-73763-H323P-D9DKZ
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g. 09:56 PM 07-23-2014
Played 2 rounds of multiplayer tonight, and got my a$$ handed to me. .4, and .6 k/d respectively. Ugh ...it was awful. Coming off Titanfall, where I usually run 10 or 12 and one. (Sometimes worse...but not usually.)

Seems like hardcore COD, all over again. If that's the case, it may not be for me. I admit I have to learn the lanes and maps, but it was bad...
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 10:17 PM 07-23-2014
When I tried playing the multi-player on Destiny, right after playing Titanfall, it seemed like I was moving so slow.
metalsaber's Avatar metalsaber 05:27 AM 07-24-2014
yeah same. The twitch controls just aren't the same as Titanfall. Probably my biggest complaint right now.
tsaville's Avatar tsaville 08:29 AM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
When I tried playing the multi-player on Destiny, right after playing Titanfall, it seemed like I was moving so slow.
Running in mud has been a complaint levied against Halo for years. It seemed even worse in the Alpha, but perhaps it's from playing TF for months. I'm downloading the Beta now, and I hope it grabs my attention more than the alpha did.
jbn008's Avatar jbn008 09:21 AM 07-24-2014
I apologize if this has been asked before, but we couldn't figure out how to play a game with more than 3 people. I know firestorm (or whatever it's called) only allows 3 players to join up, but what about coop roaming, strike mode, and matchmaking multiplayer (ala Halo)? We couldn't find any of those other modes to play.

Am I missing something or is that just not available in the beta?

thanks for the help
JudgeSmails's Avatar JudgeSmails 10:42 AM 07-24-2014
VERY early impressions:

Pros
- I like the sci-fi setting and the set design is nice.
- Character models and customization in appearance are good.
- runs smooth as silk and looks pretty
- Like the addition of special powers/moves and classes to the standard Halo format.
- Like the move from 3rd to 1st person between City and Battles. Smart decision and gives best of both worlds.
- Like the minimap and how it changes when enemies and teammates are around, etc.

Cons
- As others above stated it seems sluggish after Titanfall. I know its a different experience but after Titanfall it feels slow and plodding at least from the character movement stance.
- WOW is it similar to Halo. I know that is Bungie's bread and butter but I was expecting more differentiation. In combat it really feels almost identical with key exception being the above mentioned powers.
- Slow load times, especially in moving from Ship to location.
- Hate the lack of immediate available map in the city from any location.
- Doesn't look next gen. Looks good, don't get me wrong. But next gen, not at all.

OVERALL
Lots of good...not lots of Great. I know it's just a BETA but it may be challenge to really see how this 'wows' me for purchase in fall. As a loot whore I was really hoping this would be like Borderlands 2 in that regard. We shall see.
eRob's Avatar eRob 10:51 AM 07-24-2014
How do I play the multiplayer?
metalsaber's Avatar metalsaber 11:01 AM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
VERY early impressions:

Pros
- I like the sci-fi setting and the set design is nice.
- Character models and customization in appearance are good.
- runs smooth as silk and looks pretty
- Like the addition of special powers/moves and classes to the standard Halo format.
- Like the move from 3rd to 1st person between City and Battles. Smart decision and gives best of both worlds.
- Like the minimap and how it changes when enemies and teammates are around, etc.

Cons
- As others above stated it seems sluggish after Titanfall. I know its a different experience but after Titanfall it feels slow and plodding at least from the character movement stance.
- WOW is it similar to Halo. I know that is Bungie's bread and butter but I was expecting more differentiation. In combat it really feels almost identical with key exception being the above mentioned powers.
- Slow load times, especially in moving from Ship to location.
- Hate the lack of immediate available map in the city from any location.
- Doesn't look next gen. Looks good, don't get me wrong. But next gen, not at all.

OVERALL
Lots of good...not lots of Great. I know it's just a BETA but it may be challenge to really see how this 'wows' me for purchase in fall. As a loot whore I was really hoping this would be like Borderlands 2 in that regard. We shall see.
what struck me the most is that they appeared to spend a TON of time making beautiful vistas in the horizon, but failed to put that much effort into whats immediately in front of you.
Like right at the beginning, the skyline is just stunning, but all the cars and sand/ground was pretty "low res". Interiors settings (like the tunnels) also feel very low res.

Again, think they were going the wow factor when looking at the horizon.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 11:02 AM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRob View Post
How do I play the multiplayer?
I think you need to get to level six first. Then you go to the Crucible guy in the tower to activate the Crucible. Then you can go to the Crucible for a destination which has multi-player.

I think it is level six. I know it didn't show up for me until last night when I reached level 6. I had tried it prior to level six and the crucible guy did not have the option for me to activate it.
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g. 01:32 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
I think you need to get to level six first. Then you go to the Crucible guy in the tower to activate the Crucible. Then you can go to the Crucible for a destination which has multi-player.

I think it is level six. I know it didn't show up for me until last night when I reached level 6. I had tried it prior to level six and the crucible guy did not have the option for me to activate it.
I'm not sure what triggers the Crucible guy, but it opened for me at lvl 5...
tsaville's Avatar tsaville 01:42 PM 07-24-2014
I got a chance to play this for about an hour at lunch. As someone who didn't care much for the alpha at all, I have to say that I am enjoying the beta much more than I thought. I can't exactly point my finger at what the differences are, but the game just feels more intense/exciting now. It's also nice to get back to the X1 controller (the PS4 controller gives me hand cramps after 30 minutes or so).

I agree with the others that the graphics aren't next gen at all, but at least we'll get 1080p in the final version. I also didn't find a lot of random people to fight with during the story missions. Plenty of people milling around the tower, but the story missions were sparsely populated. Maybe I can get a party going tonight to make the game a bit more enjoyable.
metalsaber's Avatar metalsaber 02:35 PM 07-24-2014
Does anyone know if you are in a fireteam and someone loots a chest, does everyone in your fireteam get a loot item or just the person who looted the box?
tampabuc's Avatar tampabuc 03:34 PM 07-24-2014
Here are 2 more Beta codes for Xbox One:

97M6H-6MJM6-7RQ69-K3PCH-F9JTZ
HF2K6-YCCRW-4R9QF-HYFG7-MXXMZ

I hate pre-orders more than ever now, especially multi-plat, what a mess but I hope they can be put to good use!
smokozuna's Avatar smokozuna 04:24 PM 07-24-2014
can one of you guys spare a 360 beta code please?

i sure would appreciate it.
jhoff80's Avatar jhoff80 05:30 PM 07-24-2014
Looks like they opened it to everyone.
Marafice Eye's Avatar Marafice Eye 05:54 PM 07-24-2014
Destiny beta is now open to ALL XBL Gold members, I'm downloading it now!

http://www.totalxbox.com/79692/desti...w-open-to-all/
sirjonsnow's Avatar sirjonsnow 06:15 PM 07-24-2014
Would be nice if the Party Chat worked in this. Instead, my mic is completely ****ed now and won't even work in other games or after reboot.
rjackson02's Avatar rjackson02 06:54 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
Would be nice if the Party Chat worked in this. Instead, my mic is completely ****ed now and won't even work in other games or after reboot.
I noticed issues with chat today as well. Couldn't hear or talk to my part members, was super frustrating. Hope this can get fixed soon.
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar Arutha_conDoin 07:58 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
I'll have to check that out. I used my Mic in game, but did not have a party going. Not sure why the game defaults to balanced (Speaker and headset).
sirjonsnow's Avatar sirjonsnow 08:14 PM 07-24-2014
Party chat is a known bug for the Beta. However, mine won't even work out of the game now. Friends come in on the headset fine and I have the green circle, but my voice won't go out to them and the circle doesn't grow while talking.
metalsaber's Avatar metalsaber 08:45 PM 07-24-2014
I'm having the same issue. Are you in the preview program?
eRob's Avatar eRob 10:39 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:

Thanks. Was able to get it at level 5.
kevin g.'s Avatar kevin g. 10:56 PM 07-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
Does anyone know if you are in a fireteam and someone loots a chest, does everyone in your fireteam get a loot item or just the person who looted the box?

Loot drops are specific to your character. Items that you use only. If there is a purple (Heavy Weapon Ammo) that drops on the screen...it's yours. Others cannot even see it. Same holds true for the weapons. If you pick it up, it was meant for you. So there is no fighting over the amped weapons, as in Border Lands...
Conversely, if there are special chests and, or ghosts to "revive"...everyone sees it, unless they have already found that particular Easter egg...(Think Gears of War Cog Tags).
Hope that helps.
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar Arutha_conDoin 01:30 AM 07-25-2014
Quote:
Party chat is a known bug for the Beta. However, mine won't even work out of the game now. Friends come in on the headset fine and I have the green circle, but my voice won't go out to them and the circle doesn't grow while talking.
Dumb question. Did you check to make sure that Party chat was back to Party Chat and not Game chat? I know on mine when I was doing Destiny when I went back to the home screen and launched a party it will not default to the Party chat option like it should. I manually had to go into the option and switch it to Party Chat. @onlysublime had a devil of a time trying to get it to work tonight, but we finally got it. We had a blast playing.
Marafice Eye's Avatar Marafice Eye 02:53 AM 07-25-2014
Got to 8 tonight (max level in the beta) and just finished the Strike mission. Duo'd it with a rando, was awesome. Played so much tonight my hands hurt, been years since I held a controller for that long.
tsaville's Avatar tsaville 08:11 AM 07-25-2014
I played for a couple more hours last night. I'm pretty impressed with the enemy AI. They generally do a pretty good job of trying to avoid you and not just standing there like cardboard cutouts. The strike mission, in particular, was rather challenging. My random group of three was literally dancing at the end of it.

I think I've played through all the story and mission-based content, and I haven't convinced myself to dive into MP yet.
Tags: Destiny Xbox One
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop