Xbox Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-10-2013, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using a Xbox 360 as a media center extender. Are there other options for a remote control to use with the Xbox 360 other than Xbox 360 Media Remote?

I'm not interested in a Longitech Harmony remote. I don't have a lot of devices in my setup. In this case just the TV and the XBox 360. So I would like one remote to control the Media Center Extender functions of the Xbox 360 as well as turning the volume up and down on the television and turning the power off on the TV and the Xbox 360. An inexpensive IR remote with the necessary buttons would be great. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Tons of options. Any MCE remote will work as long as it's an official one. I have a Rosewill that works just fine if all you want is a remote for the XBOX without having macros for all your equipment. I'm also in the process of "hacking" an RCA RCRP05BR (less than $10 on Amazon) to work with it. You can set up macros to turn all equipment on and off with it, if that's a desire. It's not an out of the box solution though. There's a thread you can read through here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1458049/need-an-inexpensive-learning-remote-to-use-with-windows-media-center#post_23766483
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page