what do you think going rate for used 360 system after next consoles launch? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-28-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
I've always wanted a 3-screen Forza Motorsport 4 setup but it was not feasible before (3 consoles, 3 copies of the game). But now that the next gen is about to drop, I'm sure a lot of people are probably getting rid of systems. I have plenty of good monitors and TVs. Also have an extra HDD just sitting there. And already have 2 360 systems.

I saw a post in the deals thread for the new 360 E system from Amazon for $179 with a $50 credit. $129 for a new 360 E system with controller. That sounds tempting actually. One of my 360 controllers is starting to drift on the left stick so with a new controller, I'd be at either 4 controllers (or 3 if you exclude the drifting controller).

The question is... do you guys see used systems with controllers going for better than $129 and how long would it take for prices to be low? I wouldn't mind picking up a used one if it's cheap.

It's weird. I was originally thinking of getting rid of one of my 360 systems (because I only need one really) but now might pick up another. I remember going hog wild with the original Xbox (picked up 4 of them each of them for $25-40 each (which included games and controllers), then softmodded them and added 500, 320, 120, and 80GB; all of them are boxed now except for the 500GB one).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-28-2013, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
When my second 360 went RROD a few years ago after the 3 years ran out, I got an Arcade model from WalMart for $150 ($200 plus a $50 gift card). GameStop actually had a used Arcade-like model the other day, and still had it near $130 so the market doesn't seem ready for the extra console to have around for later. Or, not as cheap as I want.

And ALWAYS remember, if you're buying one of the early white models, be sure it's a Jasper or newer...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #3 of 8 Old 09-28-2013, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I didn't actually pick up any 360 systems until the Jasper models came out because of all the horror stories I read. And my Jasper systems have been running like champs for many years now.

Well, if it's going to take awhile for 360 used systems to seriously drop in price, $130 for a new system with new controller sounds okay. I don't think I'd ever consider getting a system from Gamestop. I heard they just boot up a disc to see if it loads. They don't check if it's been modded/banned which is my greatest concern. And yeah, I'd check if it was a Jasper or newer (just have to remember how to verify a Jasper).
post #4 of 8 Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I don't think it will take long at all. This is a generational change, there will be a glut of 360s and PS3s, so resellers like Gamestop will be buying for less and selling them for less than ever before pretty soon IMHO. It's just supply and demand.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 178
I think new ones will be cheap for Black Friday too. This is just the beginning of the discounts for 360. I am buying 2 more for the same reason and am waiting for after the XbOne launch.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
I'm actually REALLY excited for the Xbox One. I"m not getting one, but man is it going to make my 360 gaming cheap and awesome! Free games until the end of the year at least from XBL, I'm sure the black friday sales on 360 games is going to be epic this year. smile.gif

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #7 of 8 Old 09-30-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

but do you guys think there'll be a cheap 360 system for black friday? I mean, cheap straight up, not cheap by bundling a bunch of games. I have tons of 360 games (lots are still shrinkwrapped). I don't need more games. I just want a cheap 360.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I might have to pony-up the $199 with $50 Amazon GC to get optical out for my backup 360. frown.gif
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page