Xbox 360 users, why are you going with Xbox one vice PS4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Posted a similar question in the PS room. I have both preordered but am so confused. What are your reasons for sticking it out with MS and not jumping ship?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 03:00 PM

I have both current systems and will probably eventually get both next, but likely going with XB first because I'm far more embedded in that ecosystem (Live, friends, achievements, etc) and I prefer the controller (although it looks like Sony increased the spacing of the analog sticks which was my main complaint with the current PS controllers)

--Greg

post #3 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
I'm getting both systems on their respective launch dates, but I already know the XB1 is the console I'll be playing more. My reasons are:

1) I have a 100 friends on my XBL friends list (I have 8 on PSN)
2) XBL experience is better than PSN experience (yes I belong to both paid online services and am a PS+ subscriber)
3) Many more players use mic's on XBL than PSN. A headset comes with every Xbox console, so this trend should continue next gen.
4) I'm sure I'll like the XB1 controller better
5) Im very interested in trying the Kinect 2.0 features
6) I'm anxious to try the "next-gen" media & TV features of XB1
7) I'm already heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem
Weaselboy likes this.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Pretty much all the same reasons above for me as well. In addition my family is all prefer Xbox and I was the only one playing the PS3. I will be the only one playing the PS4. I have beern contemplating if I am going to keep my PS4 pre-order and may wait it out. All the games I want are on the One and multiplatform versions will be bought on the One.

The 5.0 is here
post #5 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

3) Many more players use mic's on XBL than PSN.

This is a negative for me, but I love the ability to set audio to friends-only system wide. I'm getting both (probably).
post #6 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I'm getting the XB1.

My reasons are:

1) I have alot of friends on my XBL friends list (I have 1 on PSN)
2) XBL experience is better than PSN experience
3) Many more players use mic's on XBL than PSN. A headset comes with every Xbox console, so this trend should continue next gen.

Ditto. (made a couple of changes to tailor it to my own situation)

post #7 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I am most likely getting both. In reality I have much more faith in Microsoft introducing new features during the life of their console. Live is so much better and I have little faith in Sony actually creating an online system that can compete with live. The One seems next gen. I am looking forward to all of the features they are introducing. How I game and use my setup, the one is truly making things easier for me.

I hardly used my PS3, but it did have some great games. I mostly play multi-plats so I am sticking with Microsoft. They have changed gaming with each system, and I don't expect that to change. I'll pick up a PS4 when the must have title hits. It isn't that Sony is bad, just not as inline with my needs at Microsoft.

Both will be great systems, that's why I will own both. I am fortunate to be able to afford what I want, and supporting both eco systems is good for gaming as a whole.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #8 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
I do like mboojigga's idea. get the PS4 and live off PSN+ for the game rentals. get the Xbox One and buy the games on that system. best of both worlds.
post #9 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Great points! I also own all consoles and intend to own both ps4 and one but not at launch. I've got 3 kids and I would pray that kinect will be much improved as we enjoyed kinect 1 but didn't love it due to its limitations. Most of my gaming was 360 and I agree with the dedicated to the ecosystem thoughts. I worry about graphical prowess in the future and wonder if MS will milk is for more than the cost of live in the future too.
post #10 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Remember the poor framerates of the first-gen 360 games? Heck, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter dropped into the teens (and still got great reviews). I still remember the 360 and PS3 articles asking if anyone could tell the difference between PS2/Xbox OG and PS3/360 games.

This launch lineup is much better than the 360/PS3 launch. Performance has so far been more consistent.

The games will only get better as the drivers and OS get improved over time. It's always hard to do a launch title because the hardware and drivers are being adjusted while you're programming. So the developer's analogy of trying to build the plane while it's flying is very true. Heck, Microsoft is working on the OS right up to release. They pulled a bunch of people from the Windows team to help get this done in time (who have more time now because 8.1 hit RTM a month or so ago).
post #11 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I currently have all consoles (including the "PC Console" wink.gif ), and have both Xbox One and PS4 pre-ordered. Can't really justify it though, but it's games which is what I do. I don't want to miss out on anything.

The Xbox One will probably replace the 360 in my modest home theater, if the wife can see past the Kinect eye staring at her. She's a bit of a tin-foil hat wearer, and is very paranoid about tech and privacy. This is a big hurdle I don't look forward to, but I don't want to leave the new tech half-connected.

The PS4 will probably go in my room with the PC. If the above doesn't work out, both will be in the PC room.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 32 Old 10-16-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I'm jumping ship. The PS4 will be my primary console of the two. I like what I've heard from Sony's end where as Microsoft has turned me off more often than not with the Xbox One program after their first two consoles were my primary systems. And after always playing a secondary role for me, I'd like to concentrate on a Sony console for the first time.

The Xbox One will take on the role the PS3 played for me this generation. It will be for exclusives (And the odd multiplatform title that is significantly superior on the XB1) that I can't get on the PS4. And so far that list is only composed of Forza 5. But I've always been a multiplatform console owner so I'm sure that the Xbox One will find a home here one of these days after the Wii U and the PS4.
post #13 of 32 Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Going with the Xbox One.

- Dedicated servers for All Games
- All my friends are on Xbox
- Better Controller
- Kinect voice commands and ability to say 'Xbox on' to have everything turned on
- Cloud computing, the future potential of this is awesome.
- Smart Glass, (the Dead Rising part where they call your smart phone is awesome)
- Exclusives (Halo, Titan Fall)
post #14 of 32 Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I have both on order for launch.

The biggest reason Xbox will be my main system is all of my friends play on Xbox, for one reason or another that is the platform they choose.
mboojigga likes this.

post #15 of 32 Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I do like mboojigga's idea. get the PS4 and live off PSN+ for the game rentals. get the Xbox One and buy the games on that system. best of both worlds.

Thats exactly what I do with my PS3. While I have purchased a few games for it (MGS4, GT5, KZ3, Hot Shots Golf).. the PSN+ rental subscription is what keeps me playing my PS3.

That said.. the PS3 is hands down the best media streaming/playback device I have. It simply plays anything.. and from anywhere.. including my 12TB Synology NAS.

Even if I never played a single game on my PS3, I'd still want it for the media playback abilities. The same would go for the PS4. Which is why at $399.. its a no-brainer purchase for me!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

post #16 of 32 Old 10-17-2013, 12:47 PM

Liked: 17
I'm waiting it out on both consoles. I know that's boring, and I know everyone always says they have a whole backlog of games they can play while they wait it out, but I DO have a whole backlog! Ugh. I'm a cliche.

I love the Xbox. I love the controller and Live and everything. But I'm not sold on the One. I'm not sold on the PS4 either, but definitely not on the One. I am actually leaning toward PS4 right now and I hate the PS controller with everything in my soul, and that says a lot.
lordcloud likes this.

Xbox Gamertag: Autowobble
post #17 of 32 Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWobble View Post

I'm waiting it out on both consoles. I know that's boring, and I know everyone always says they have a whole backlog of games they can play while they wait it out, but I DO have a whole backlog! Ugh. I'm a cliche.

I love the Xbox. I love the controller and Live and everything. But I'm not sold on the One. I'm not sold on the PS4 either, but definitely not on the One. I am actually leaning toward PS4 right now and I hate the PS controller with everything in my soul, and that says a lot.

I'm a cliche with you. I have a huge backlog of games for both systems so I am not in any hurry to plunk down a big chunk of cash yet on either system. I'll wait until they've both been out for awhile.
AutoWobble likes this.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :).
post #18 of 32 Old 10-18-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
I am waiting it out, but it's mostly because I only get to play games on the weekends right now and none of my friends are moving on. When I do buy one, it will be Xbox first and then I'll do what I did this gen and wait about 2 years for a price drop on the playstation and pick it up and play all the exclusives I missed.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #19 of 32 Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 84
I will eventually get both but going with XB1 first for many of the reasons already mentioned here. i.e more launch titles I am interested in.......Forza being #1.

-I much prefer XBL over PSN.
-I really hate Sony controllers

And if current generation ratio of games I play on 360 -vs- PS3 is any indicator the ratio of games I play on XB1 -vs- PS4 will be 20 - 1.

Did i mention I hate Sony controllers?

Most likely as soon as PS4 has a Last of Us 'quality' of release I will get one.
post #20 of 32 Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWobble View Post

Same for me. As much as I love my 360, and I do love it, I am leaning towards the PS4. Less expensive and there seems to be some great games coming out for it. Though, I imagine I'll eventually have both. We'll see how well I do with the PS4 controllers though.
AutoWobble likes this.

I LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #21 of 32 Old 10-18-2013, 02:25 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post

I'm a cliche with you. I have a huge backlog of games for both systems so I am not in any hurry to plunk down a big chunk of cash yet on either system. I'll wait until they've both been out for awhile.

Same with me, I have both right now and don't have enough time to play the games I already own.

GamerTag= Phaleronic
post #22 of 32 Old 10-18-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
I have both on pre-order but may cancel both. My Live Gold membership expired over a month ago and I've really not missed it much. It's amazing how much more time I have to do things that frustrate me less eek.gif I may jump in when Titanfall comes out and both systems have had some time to mature but I have less time than I used to and spend on things I enjoy more. Also $500 (or $900 for both?) is a helluva an investment before buying games and memberships so I'm less anxious to jump in at launch. There are some PS exclusives I'd like to check out but I'm just not sure I care enough at this point to cough up the $$ for either.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #23 of 32 Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I cancelled my pre-order for the The One and will until some compelling content comes out before I purchase one. Right now Ryse is the only thing that looks really good to me, but that's not enough to warrant a $500 console for me. I haven't seen anything about PS4 yet that makes me want one.
post #24 of 32 Old 10-19-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I'm actually considering just having an Xbox One this November, and taking a pass on the PS4 till February. The delays to Watch Dogs and DriveClub are a very big part of this decision. Basically, I'm not that hyped to play Knack, and Killzone isn't normally my cup 'o tea, so to speak. So, what else does the PS4 have going for it this November ?

Don't get it twisted, I'm not anti-PS4 in the slightest. In fact, I'd say that Infamous Second Son is my most wanted game, period. Unfortunately, it's not coming to February (assuming it's not delayed), so I don't really feel the need to rush out and get a PS4. Now, back when DriveClub was coming to PS+, I had a bit more of an incentive, cause I thought it would be cool to play the Plus version for free, and try some of the other PS4 games as well. But with both DriveClub and Watch Dogs delayed, there just isn't very much compelling about the PS4 this November.

Having said all that, it's not like I'm super hyped on the Xbox One. I'm hoping that Dead Rising 3 will be a strong game, and I'm hoping that Ryse may be somewhat entertaining, but it's not like the XB1 is overflowing with strong launch games either. It's just I'm a helluva lot more interested in DR3 and Ryse than I am Killzone and Knack. Also, I'm not normally a Forza guy, but with no DriveClub, Forza could potentially be interesting. (especially with the rumble triggers and stuff).

The deciding factor for whether or not I get a PS4 this November is going to be if some of the key 3rd party games perform better on PS4 than XB1. NBA 2K14 is particularly important. If NBA 2K14 gets a 9 on PS4, but ends up with a 7 on XB1, then I'll be getting a PS4. Same thing with Madden. I remember when the PS3 first launched, the Xbox 360 versions of Madden and NBA 2K played much, much better on Xbox 360 than PS3. The developers would tell you that both games were basically identical, but anybody that actually played those games would immediately notice the difference between the two. I'm going to have to wait for all the reviews to hit to see if there is a similar situation with the PS4 and XB1.

If ultimately Madden and NBA 2K14 are identical on both systems, then I don't really have a pressing need to have a PS4 this November.
post #25 of 32 Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
1) I have a 100 friends on my XBL friends list (I have 8 on PSN)
2) XBL experience is better than PSN experience (yes I belong to both paid online services and am a PS+ subscriber)

+
Quote:
- Dedicated servers for All Games
- All my friends are on Xbox
- Better Controller
- Kinect voice commands and ability to say 'Xbox on' to have everything turned on
- Cloud computing, the future potential of this is awesome.
- Smart Glass, (the Dead Rising part where they call your smart phone is awesome)
- Exclusives (Halo, Titan Fall)

=happy me! :-)

But, like most as well, I'll probably do both. It's been a while since I've had dual systems but I'm more interested in PS4 for Sony's 4K push, word is the PS4 will support Sony's 4K video service (hopefully without the need to have a Sony branded 4K set). Also if the games on PS4 pan out to better because of the hardware superiority, then it's win-win.

Now that's how you supposed to drive!

Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X

post #26 of 32 Old 10-27-2013, 11:38 PM

Liked: 14
Getting both. Want to see my other response visit the other post in the PS4 forum. In addition to my other post. most of my friends are on xbox so I want to keep up with them while on xbox live. Both systems are 4k capable. But don't expect to see 4k games, they'll simply to large. Plus, I'm not planning to buy a 4k set until they are alot cheaper lol.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

post #27 of 32 Old 10-28-2013, 02:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll be holding out until next year because I'll have no choice. I don't return from my deployment until April. But I feel pretty confident that I will get an XBOX1 and probably not a PS4. I can remember when I bought a PS1 when it first came out. And I bought it as a blind buy for only 1 reason, just to play Doom which was my favorite FPS at the time. I bought the XBOX as a blind buy just to play Halo. I never bought the PS3 because it never came out with any games that I wanted. Plus the convoluted version system Sony had was a major turn-off (give me the option to buy a PS3 that will simply play ALL my PS1 and PS2 games). So having fell off the Playstation wagon for awhile, I don't see a strong reason to purchase a PS4. I'm not a huge fan of all the arguments folks have of one system's processing power over the other. All I really care about is whether I'm going to have fun using the system to play games that keep my interest. Games on the next generation of consoles have always looked better than the last generation. Live was the greatest thing to come consoles (in my opinion) as now I can enjoy games with my friends without all of us having to be in the same location.
post #28 of 32 Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

I'll be holding out until next year because I'll have no choice. I don't return from my deployment until April. But I feel pretty confident that I will get an XBOX1 and probably not a PS4. I can remember when I bought a PS1 when it first came out. And I bought it as a blind buy for only 1 reason, just to play Doom which was my favorite FPS at the time. I bought the XBOX as a blind buy just to play Halo. I never bought the PS3 because it never came out with any games that I wanted. Plus the convoluted version system Sony had was a major turn-off (give me the option to buy a PS3 that will simply play ALL my PS1 and PS2 games). So having fell off the Playstation wagon for awhile, I don't see a strong reason to purchase a PS4. I'm not a huge fan of all the arguments folks have of one system's processing power over the other. All I really care about is whether I'm going to have fun using the system to play games that keep my interest. Games on the next generation of consoles have always looked better than the last generation. Live was the greatest thing to come consoles (in my opinion) as now I can enjoy games with my friends without all of us having to be in the same location.

If you decide you want to pick one up if available at the base exchange, If the base has internet available you can use StrongVPN.com. I used it for access to New York and San Fransisco servers.

The 5.0 is here
post #29 of 32 Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Today the news leaks to Kotaku that the Xbox One SDK is riddled with bugs....

http://kotaku.com/rumored-xbox-one-launch-issues-lead-to-lots-of-question-1453405464
Quote:
That said, we've been hearing for months now about issues facing Microsoft's next system, and the rumors that have been floating around for the past couple of days seem to support what we reported back in May: that the folks behind the Xbox One have been hard-pressed to get it ready for its launch on November 22.P

We hear, for example, that the Xbox One software development kit—the set of tools that development studios use to facilitate game creation—has been stumbling recently. Yesterday, two developer sources told Kotaku that Microsoft found a number of bugs in one of the most recent versions of the SDK.P

One source said that as of at least a few weeks ago, Xbox One SDKs were very buggy. Another source said some developers who have already submitted their games to Microsoft for certification have had to resubmit those games with a more recent version of the SDK. In other words, both developers and Microsoft staff have been working overtime to get games shipped and approved.4P

"It's going to be a fun few weeks in Microsoft QA," one developer source said.P

post #30 of 32 Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM

Liked: 14
probably the reason why game consoles will have a day one patch to help fix things found during post production manufacturing. I don't care, as long as problems get fixed.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page