I'm the guy that made the thread "I think next-gen Madden is in trouble" or something like that, but here I am with a new thread and a more positive attitude about this game. The more videos I watch of this game, the more I can't wait to get my hands on it and try it. I haven't owned a Madden game in so many years, that I don't mind it so much if this one isn't radically different than the current gen Madden, because I haven't played that game in years, so it will still be new to me regardless.
Still, I think if anybody else has been seeing the more recent videos, this game is really starting to look interesting to me...
Here is what I like:
1. Offensive / Defensive line play looks like it has improved by leaps and bounds.
2. Love how the helmet moves independently from the player. Looks more real that way.
3. The crowds, stadium and atmosphere seems to be getting a huge shot in the arm.
4. Uniforms and field looks really nice and beautiful.
5. Weather effects (rain / snow), looks really nice
Here is what I don't like:
1. Too many fans are repeating in the crowd, despite EA talking about them being super varied.
2. 90 percent of the graphical wow is most likely only apparent during replays
3. Most of the Quarterbacks look really weird / not like the real life counterparts
Regardless, I'm super excited to try this game, and can't wait to see the reviews that come out for it. If the game gets solid 8's or better from reviewers that I feel I can trust, then I'm definitely picking this puppy up. I'm hoping against hope that it won't be an abomination.