Xbox One Kinect Extender - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #391 of 592 Old 08-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Newbie
 
ahamill85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Only 495 votes over at Xbox feedback to have this done. There are more people who want the kinect to recognize their dog. I'm not surprised they haven't acted on it.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251...xtension-cable
This page has 4,716 votes, so I'd say that the xbox feedback page isn't very accurate.
http://monoprice.uservoice.com/forum...xtension-cable
ahamill85 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 592 Old 08-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The issue I think is people getting their voice heard at the right place. I've called monoprice several times and they cannot confirm that they're even working on it.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #393 of 592 Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Newbie
 
ahamill85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
If I had to guess, I'd say it all comes down to licensing. Microsoft wants to use the Kinect as a selling point for the Xbox One by not allowing 3rd parties to make adapters which would allow developers to start building applications for it outside the Xbox One playground. To be honest, I think Monoprice already has a working extension cable, but is waiting for Microsoft to either lower the licensing price or just flat out even allow the production. I'd also guess that we'll see some sort of extension (most likely 3rd party) by the end of the year. This is because MS is releasing the Kinect 2.0 for Windows, which means they're ready to start making money off the Kinect 2.0 outside of the Xbox One.
ahamill85 is offline  
post #394 of 592 Old 08-08-2014, 05:30 AM
Newbie
 
Cthugha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Third party extension cable incoming sep 12

"2 metre extension cable for Xbox One Kinect 2 camera; Simple plug and play." for £15.99...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JFX1JOO

Cthugha is offline  
post #395 of 592 Old 08-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Does not ship to the U.S. and two meters is woefully short of what most here need.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #396 of 592 Old 08-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Newbie
 
Cthugha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, but it's better than nothing. 2m is enough for me, so I'm happy

Write to them about the length and shipping, maybe they can solve it?
Cthugha is offline  
post #397 of 592 Old 08-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Newbie
 
bcabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthugha View Post
Yes, but it's better than nothing. 2m is enough for me, so I'm happy

Write to them about the length and shipping, maybe they can solve it?
I am not sure if they even have a working solution yet. Wednesday it was marked as pre order for August 8th shipping. Thursday it was marked as out of stock, and now today it will not ship till September.
bcabes is offline  
post #398 of 592 Old 08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I caught the change as well. I did email them about a longer cable, but this doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Even the cobbled together solutions in this thread have disappeared.

Hopefully by next holiday we'll have something? In time for it to only be functional as a device to curse at when it doesn't respond.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"

Last edited by Backlash; 08-08-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Backlash is online now  
post #399 of 592 Old 08-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Member
 
ELMO45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Amazon France has the same cable that will ship to the US with a release date of August 29th. I pre-ordered today and paid £ 28.66 (about $48) which includes shipping to the US in 5-10 days. Hopefully it actually ships on the date they say.

My expected delivery is between Sept 3rd and 9th.

I'll let you all know how it works out.
DavidinCT likes this.
ELMO45 is offline  
post #400 of 592 Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
That would be appreciated.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #401 of 592 Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMO45 View Post
Amazon France has the same cable that will ship to the US with a release date of August 29th. I pre-ordered today and paid £ 28.66 (about $48) which includes shipping to the US in 5-10 days. Hopefully it actually ships on the date they say.

My expected delivery is between Sept 3rd and 9th.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

The big question here is can we take 3-5 of them and loop them all together for a longer cable that will fit most of our needs ?


So in my example, I need about 25 feet, the cable on the Kinect is 9' . 2m is about 6', so I would need 3 of them with the cable that comes with the Kinect.


I wonder if this will work, not willing to invest in it till I see if others have any luck with it (after what I went through in the past)....

-Dave

MCSE 2003
Windows Media Center specialist

Avid gamer and home theater junkie..
DavidinCT is offline  
post #402 of 592 Old 08-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I thought there was a problem extending usb3 beyond 5 meters without a powered repeater.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #403 of 592 Old 08-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I emailed Calibur and got a reply:

Quote:
Dear Joseph,

Thanks for reacting. 10m is something that won't be selling/manufacturing. Maybe in the future, but not for sure.
Shipping to the U.S. will be available not far from now. Hope to have informed you well.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Selmar van der Weide
Sales Admin
selmar@nextic.nl
www.nextic.nl
So it looks like those of us with long reaching cables may just be S.O.L for a bit longer. Based on the console news coming out of Gamescom, and lack of a bundle that even includes a Kinect, I'm thinking box it up and move on.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #404 of 592 Old 08-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Newbie
 
ahamill85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
I emailed Calibur and got a reply:



So it looks like those of us with long reaching cables may just be S.O.L for a bit longer. Based on the console news coming out of Gamescom, and lack of a bundle that even includes a Kinect, I'm thinking box it up and move on.
Any idea if you can daisy chain them? I'm going to email that contact to find out.
ahamill85 is offline  
post #405 of 592 Old 08-13-2014, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
newfmp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NFLD, Canada
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
I emailed Calibur and got a reply:



So it looks like those of us with long reaching cables may just be S.O.L for a bit longer. Based on the console news coming out of Gamescom, and lack of a bundle that even includes a Kinect, I'm thinking box it up and move on.


Between the short Kinect extension cables and short range of the gamepad, I am leaning towards boxing the entire console and selling it. Sad but this thing just isn't working well in my house.
newfmp3 is offline  
post #406 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Based on the console news coming out of Gamescom, and lack of a bundle that even includes a Kinect, I'm thinking box it up and move on.
Opinion pieces, but if there aren't even announcements of new content at Gamescon...not good.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/599...scom-exclusive

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...rtner=yahootix

On the other hand, we do have more Fruit slicing coming, I'm sure this was planned before the Kinect SKU got dropped:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/857...d-for-xbox-one

Matt

Last edited by turls; 08-14-2014 at 04:20 AM.
turls is offline  
post #407 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 927 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Sounds like I might be able to get a couple of spare Kinect 2.0 modules for an inexpensive price soon.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #408 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamill85 View Post
Any idea if you can daisy chain them? I'm going to email that contact to find out.
Based on the previous posts in this thread, I would say no. I'd have to dig but I believe the upshot is that beyond 5m USB3 requires powered repeaters. Which unfortunately for us would mean dealing with proprietary connections on both sides of the repeater.

I'd love someone to offer an option here even just below the c-note price point, but the majority of the otherwise interested parties appear to be moving on. I've posted the M$ feedback site here twice and very few additional votes are coming in.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #409 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Based on the previous posts in this thread, I would say no. I'd have to dig but I believe the upshot is that beyond 5m USB3 requires powered repeaters. Which unfortunately for us would mean dealing with proprietary connections on both sides of the repeater.

I'd love someone to offer an option here even just below the c-note price point, but the majority of the otherwise interested parties appear to be moving on. I've posted the M$ feedback site here twice and very few additional votes are coming in.
While I'll agree that it seems odd that this is a product that hasn't garnered more interest...I have to think about taking a cross-section of America, Gamers, and HT Enthusiasts.
The group you are talking about is pretty damned small. I think that shows in the Request site. Hell, most people still view Home Theater as a HiSense widescreen TV, and a soundbar... There are a ton of apartment dwellers, (especially these days), people that had to move back home with their folks...All of these groups are sitting directly in front of their sets. The need is limited.

I need a solution as well. My Kinect is sitting in my rack 20+ feet away. I have to yell at the damned thing, to be heard. But I realize that I am in a closed minority.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #410 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BiggAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
The group you are talking about is pretty damned small. I think that shows in the Request site. Hell, most people still view Home Theater as a HiSense widescreen TV, and a soundbar... There are a ton of apartment dwellers, (especially these days), people that had to move back home with their folks...All of these groups are sitting directly in front of their sets. The need is limited.

I need a solution as well. My Kinect is sitting in my rack 20+ feet away. I have to yell at the damned thing, to be heard. But I realize that I am in a closed minority.
This is true to a certain extent. I'm sure there are other people running into problems with various furniture setups that aren't a full blown home theater with a 120" screen and an equipment rack. Also, the people this affects are high end users, who are typically leading with technology, and whom other people go to for technology advice/demos. Lastly, the people this affects are willing to pay a premium price. I bet if Microsoft had an extension available on day 1 for $50 or even more, few, if anyone here would complain about the price.

The ability to integrate with a dedicated home theater, much less a whole-home automation system (i.e. Crestron with centralized HDMI switching) is pathetic. They need a way not only to extend the Kinect, but also the controllers. They should have made some sort of repeater type of system for the controllers (maybe even a controller to wifi or Ethernet converter), as well as an Ethernet version of the Kinect that interfaces over GigE. That way, the XBone could be mounted in a central rack and distributed just like other stuff. As it stands now, this thing must be a PITA to integrate into a whole-home system, just like it is for dedicated HT setups. Yes, both of those markets are tiny, but they could have priced the equipment accordingly, as that market is not nearly as price sensitive as the general consumer market. They need a 2m extension that's reasonably priced, beyond that, they need longer ones, and those can be pricey.
kevin g. likes this.
BiggAW is offline  
post #411 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'd happily be paying out the nose right now. As is I've given up and my Kinect is in the other room, relegated to dust collection.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #412 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Member
 
trab37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
As it stands now, this thing must be a PITA to integrate into a whole-home system, just like it is for dedicated HT setups.
It very much is. The 360 and PS3 are great for integration because the controllers will work so far away and the Kinect can be easily extended, plus the Logitech IR to Bluetooth piece for the PS3 makes control so easy. The new systems have garbage wireless controllers. In my own system the rack/control system is upstairs and I used to play all my games downstairs, with the new systems all gaming is upstairs because the controllers drop out. I haven't even removed the plastic from my Kinect 2.0 because it won't reach anywhere, I barely removed it from the box. I would pay a premium to be able to use it, but at this point I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything; I may never know if I am because it may never work.
trab37 is offline  
post #413 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Newbie
 
bcabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
This is true to a certain extent. I'm sure there are other people running into problems with various furniture setups that aren't a full blown home theater with a 120" screen and an equipment rack. Also, the people this affects are high end users, who are typically leading with technology, and whom other people go to for technology advice/demos. Lastly, the people this affects are willing to pay a premium price. I bet if Microsoft had an extension available on day 1 for $50 or even more, few, if anyone here would complain about the price.

The ability to integrate with a dedicated home theater, much less a whole-home automation system (i.e. Crestron with centralized HDMI switching) is pathetic. They need a way not only to extend the Kinect, but also the controllers. They should have made some sort of repeater type of system for the controllers (maybe even a controller to wifi or Ethernet converter), as well as an Ethernet version of the Kinect that interfaces over GigE. That way, the XBone could be mounted in a central rack and distributed just like other stuff. As it stands now, this thing must be a PITA to integrate into a whole-home system, just like it is for dedicated HT setups. Yes, both of those markets are tiny, but they could have priced the equipment accordingly, as that market is not nearly as price sensitive as the general consumer market. They need a 2m extension that's reasonably priced, beyond that, they need longer ones, and those can be pricey.
You are the second person on this forum to complain about the controller length. The kinect I get as I am looking for a solution as well. What are you doing that you need a wired controller?
bcabes is offline  
post #414 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
This is true to a certain extent. I'm sure there are other people running into problems with various furniture setups that aren't a full blown home theater with a 120" screen and an equipment rack. Also, the people this affects are high end users, who are typically leading with technology, and whom other people go to for technology advice/demos. Lastly, the people this affects are willing to pay a premium price. I bet if Microsoft had an extension available on day 1 for $50 or even more, few, if anyone here would complain about the price.

The ability to integrate with a dedicated home theater, much less a whole-home automation system (i.e. Crestron with centralized HDMI switching) is pathetic. They need a way not only to extend the Kinect, but also the controllers. They should have made some sort of repeater type of system for the controllers (maybe even a controller to wifi or Ethernet converter), as well as an Ethernet version of the Kinect that interfaces over GigE. That way, the XBone could be mounted in a central rack and distributed just like other stuff. As it stands now, this thing must be a PITA to integrate into a whole-home system, just like it is for dedicated HT setups. Yes, both of those markets are tiny, but they could have priced the equipment accordingly, as that market is not nearly as price sensitive as the general consumer market. They need a 2m extension that's reasonably priced, beyond that, they need longer ones, and those can be pricey.
Well said, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcabes View Post
You are the second person on this forum to complain about the controller length. The kinect I get as I am looking for a solution as well. What are you doing that you need a wired controller?
I think he means a wired range extender, or possibly IR repeater that can be plugged in to the One itself.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40


Last edited by kevin g.; 08-14-2014 at 04:09 PM.
kevin g. is offline  
post #415 of 592 Old 08-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I've gone from an early adopter of Xbox, beta for live, day one purchaser of the 360 who weathered 5 red rings of death, and day one Xbone fan, to fairly disappointed in Microsoft in just a few months. The stuff they're focusing on is leaving all their early buyers in the dust. I'd still pay the money for an extended cable, but more than not every day I wish I had waited for a Kinect-less console.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #416 of 592 Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by trab37 View Post
It very much is. The 360 and PS3 are great for integration because the controllers will work so far away and the Kinect can be easily extended, plus the Logitech IR to Bluetooth piece for the PS3 makes control so easy. The new systems have garbage wireless controllers. In my own system the rack/control system is upstairs and I used to play all my games downstairs, with the new systems all gaming is upstairs because the controllers drop out. I haven't even removed the plastic from my Kinect 2.0 because it won't reach anywhere, I barely removed it from the box. I would pay a premium to be able to use it, but at this point I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything; I may never know if I am because it may never work.

Just wondering for people with a Xbox one. Have you updated your controller ? In the settings area, there is option to update the software on your controller and headset. Just a USB to MicroUSB (like any android or Windows Phone uses), connect to the Xbox one and the controller, select update controller.


I will honestly say after the 2nd update, my controller rage got a LOT better. To the point when I would walk upstairs in my home the Xbox one controller would drop, after the update, I can walk to to my car (detached garage), normally I could get there with a 360 controller but, a Xbox one was a dream but, I can get there with it now.


Worth a shot for people with this problem....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
I've gone from an early adopter of Xbox, beta for live, day one purchaser of the 360 who weathered 5 red rings of death, and day one Xbone fan, to fairly disappointed in Microsoft in just a few months. The stuff they're focusing on is leaving all their early buyers in the dust. I'd still pay the money for an extended cable, but more than not every day I wish I had waited for a Kinect-less console.

Same here, and VERY disappointed with Microsoft over the last year, I have had 2 360's go red ring of death and watching support for Xbox live on Windows Phone just fade away (one of my big reasons to get a Windows Phone). #SaveXboxWP


Then this cable we have been begging for is a whole different story...


and I wish I waited, not just for a Kinect-less system but, that White console is HOT looking (and the 1tb model would be freaking sweet)
tampabuc and Onk Yo like this.

-Dave

MCSE 2003
Windows Media Center specialist

Avid gamer and home theater junkie..

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.
DavidinCT is offline  
post #417 of 592 Old 08-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Backlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I've not noticed a range improvement but response certainly, and added headphones functionality.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.
Now this bell tolling softly for another, says to me, Thou must die.
-John Donne

My Home Theater (QTVR)
"Thirst is worse than homesickness"
Backlash is online now  
post #418 of 592 Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 927 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Was there a controller update recently? It's been awhile since I've updated the controller.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #419 of 592 Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
DavidinCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Someplace in CT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
I've not noticed a range improvement but response certainly, and added headphones functionality.

Interesting, it almost doubled for my case.....Maybe a newer update (Im in the preview program on it)...???


Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Was there a controller update recently? It's been awhile since I've updated the controller.

Yes, after every update comes down, I check and I'm going to say 5 out of 7 updates there was a update for the controller...
aaronwt likes this.

-Dave

MCSE 2003
Windows Media Center specialist

Avid gamer and home theater junkie..

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-18-2014 at 01:51 PM.
DavidinCT is offline  
post #420 of 592 Old 08-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Member
 
trab37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Just wondering for people with a Xbox one. Have you updated your controller ? In the settings area, there is option to update the software on your controller and headset. Just a USB to MicroUSB (like any android or Windows Phone uses), connect to the Xbox one and the controller, select update controller.


I will honestly say after the 2nd update, my controller rage got a LOT better. To the point when I would walk upstairs in my home the Xbox one controller would drop, after the update, I can walk to to my car (detached garage), normally I could get there with a 360 controller but, a Xbox one was a dream but, I can get there with it now.


Worth a shot for people with this problem....
I was not aware there was an update for the controller, I will have to check that out, thank you. Now if only Sony would follow suit...
DavidinCT likes this.
trab37 is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox One Console Standard Edition

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off