Xbox One Kinect Extender - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

Old 12-11-2014, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For my setup I use the Cool Drive Active cable and do not use the included power power supply. The length I am using is 32' and the"Xbox On," works just fine. I have had great success with the cable. It seems others have not with different brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
can somebody please confirm the maximum length?
I used a 50' Siig cable with power adapter and the Kinect turns off and on constantly.

Is 25 feet the maximum plus the 6' from the adapter?

Thanks to all for the great work so far.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang1993 View Post
For my setup I use the Cool Drive Active cable and do not use the included power power supply. The length I am using is 32' and the"Xbox On," works just fine. I have had great success with the cable. It seems others have not with different brands.
Can you provide a link?
Old 12-13-2014, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Also, can anyone out there confirm that unplugging the power supply to the extender will allow the "Xbox on" command to work? And I imagine a cooldrive cable would be the same as a tripplite cable...

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tripp Lite Cable is a fail for me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmason View Post
The Kinect Adapter with included USB cable worked fine. Adding the Tripp Lite 25' USB cable had the Kinect restarting every 30 seconds and the image refresh was at about 2 seconds. Voice commands wouldn't work. Bummer. I'll try a powered cable next.

MM
For me, the Kinect w/Kinect Cable -> Adapter -> Included Adapter cable -> Xbox One USB worked. When adding the Tripp Lite 25' Active USB cable in place of the Adapter's included cable then the Kinect would not connect. I'm going to try the CoolDrive 32' USB 3 Active Extension cable as that seems to work for others.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:29 PM

Still nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpley View Post
For me, the Kinect w/Kinect Cable -> Adapter -> Included Adapter cable -> Xbox One USB worked. When adding the Tripp Lite 25' Active USB cable in place of the Adapter's included cable then the Kinect would not connect. I'm going to try the CoolDrive 32' USB 3 Active Extension cable as that seems to work for others.
Got the CoolDrive 32' USB Active Ext Cable. Since it has A to A connections, I had to use the included Adapter USB cable for the full connection but still does not work. Not sure how it worked for others.

Xbox One USB -> CoolDrive USB Cable 32ft -> MS Adapter USB 6ft A to B connect -> MS Hub -> Kinect. It shows the white light on the hub for the connection but the Kinect still won't turn on.
Old Yesterday, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It works! my setup for EU users..
- original kinect for xbox
- power adapter kinect for windows (38 eur microsoft store)
- Lindy USB 3.0 extension cable 5 mt (part no. 43155) 30 eur amazon
- MARMITEK IR Eye 2 (12 eur amazon)

previously i've tried with 10 mt USB 3.0 extension but is really too long to work! go with 5 mt....
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpley View Post
Got the CoolDrive 32' USB Active Ext Cable. Since it has A to A connections, I had to use the included Adapter USB cable for the full connection but still does not work. Not sure how it worked for others.

Xbox One USB -> CoolDrive USB Cable 32ft -> MS Adapter USB 6ft A to B connect -> MS Hub -> Kinect. It shows the white light on the hub for the connection but the Kinect still won't turn on.
Are you using the provided power adaptor with the USB cable? On my setup, I am not using the AC power adaptor. It works great without it. If you are not using it, you may need a new cable. There could be something wrong with the one you have.
Old Today, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang1993 View Post
Are you using the provided power adaptor with the USB cable? On my setup, I am not using the AC power adaptor. It works great without it. If you are not using it, you may need a new cable. There could be something wrong with the one you have.
I've tried with and with out the power adapter for the Cooldrive USB 3.0 extension, so it could be the cable. Let me ask you or anyone that has gotten this to work, just to clarify. Are you using the included 6ft USB 3.0 cable that came with the MS Adapter in the middle of the run?

I would think so, as the Cooldrive cable is a A to A connection and the MS Adapter has the Type B Female connector port, so I would think you would because of the different connector types. I only saw the one type of CoolDrive USB 3.0 Active Extension with an A to A connector, so something else is used in the mix. I know the MS Adapter with 6ft USB 3.0 cable works directly in the Xbox One USB port, so it has to do with length / number of connections or like you said the cable could be bad, but I had the same results with the Tripplite 25ft A to B USB 3.0 cable as well, that did not work either. The MS Adapter shows the signal light is white, which means it is getting a signal but does not seem to be enough.

I am curious on those that got the CoolDrive cable to work, are you using the included MS adapter USB 3.0 cable in the complete run.

Tags
Xbox One Console Standard Edition