Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncruiser View Post

Yeah, not as sharp as going directly through the AVR. I'd just treat it like the 360 for now. Frustrating but nothing that can be done until a firmware/software update comes along that addresses the issue.
I've had not PQ issues with my fios hdmi pass through to the X1. I have a 60ST50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1169 View Post

I've had not PQ issues with my fios hdmi pass through to the X1. I have a 60ST50.

I have the 50ST50. What picture settings to you use for gaming? Custom, Cinema, Game?
post #93 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

I have the 50ST50. What picture settings to you use for gaming? Custom, Cinema, Game?
I use custom mode. My panel was professionally calibrated and my stb is a Cisco from fios. I use a basic HTIB for now. I checked the "Surround Sound Beta" under settings and now have surround sound for tv passthrough as well. That said my stb is still hooked up to my optical splitter just in case.
post #94 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I use custom mode. My panel was professionally calibrated and my stb is a Cisco from fios. I use a basic HTIB for now. I checked the "Surround Sound Beta" under settings and now have surround sound for tv passthrough as well. That said my stb is still hooked up to my optical splitter just in case.

You don't find the picture in custom mode to be dull/bland for gaming? That's my main dillema right now...I've always used a "Custom" picture for tv watching, but "Gaming" picture setting video games. However, connecting my Fios cable box to the Xbox One, I'd like to stay in Gaming mode but the picture is obviously not accurate for tv viewing.
post #95 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:

You don't find the picture in custom mode to be dull/bland for gaming? That's my main dillema right now...I use a "Custom" picture for tv watching, but "Gaming" picture setting for the Xbox One. However, connecting my Fios cable box to the Xbox One, I'm in Gaming mode still and the picture is obviously not accurate for tv viewing.

I gave up on using Game Mode. I just use my professionally calibrated settings via Custom mode. It is not as bright but more realistic for me. I played Forza 5 over the weekend and it seemed plenty bright, I was even blinded by the simulated sunshine coming through the screen. I also watch a lot of movies and Netflix and prefer the Custom calibrated settings to Game mode. I don't know if this affects lag but I seem to do ok with online FPS.
Beeron likes this.
post #96 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:

You don't find the picture in custom mode to be dull/bland for gaming? That's my main dillema right now...I've always used a "Custom" picture for tv watching, but "Gaming" picture setting video games. However, connecting my Fios cable box to the Xbox One, I'd like to stay in Gaming mode but the picture is obviously not accurate for tv viewing.

I'm also considering using an hdmi splitter so I can use the stb through the X1 or direct feed to my TV. Currently the X1 does not pass 3D so I will still need a direct feed for any 3D movies.

I use a the Harmony 670 universal remote, if you have an suggestions for clever set-up with the X1, please advise. It controls my 360 perfectly but does nothing to the X1 but turn it on.
post #97 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah, I've been researching going the splitter route. That way I have the best both worlds, and when I just want to watch tv only I can give the Xbox One some sleep time. biggrin.gif
post #98 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 01:21 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoseion View Post

This is one of only two issues I have with the X1 (the other being my TV doesn't switch on with the 'Xbox, on' command as you need to hold the power button down for 2 seconds to get it to switch on), so it would be great to find a solution to this!

Your TV needs to have the power button held down on any remote for 2 seconds? 

You can go into the xbox one settings and fine tune the IR commands, maybe that would help. Maybe there is some setting on your TV too.

post #99 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 02:09 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

marked a lamp I had turned on next to the sofa as a Guest =P I never trusted that Lamp =P

LMAO..This had me laughing hardcore.... We had kinda similar situation when our dog walked by and it left me and thought i turned into a dog. Lots of funny stuff and some frustration.. yet at the end of the day this thing rocks and will only get better.
post #100 of 109 Old 11-25-2013, 03:16 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

This is why I am not using my DirecTV through my xbox one or even as a bluray player. I used to have my 360 hooked up to my TV direct on a separate input so I could leave it on game mode, more for the lag time delay and not really picture. I would then run an optical from my 360 to my AVR. This allowed my movie and TV watching to be on TV input 1 and gaming on TV input 2. The xbox one does't have 5.1 out on the optical so now I think I am going to split the HDMI output of my AVR to HDMI 1 and 2 on my TV. My panasonic TV doesn't have discrete codes that I can find for my harmony to switch the picture mode so this is all I could come up with. I think I will purchase an HDMI 1x2 switch with IR to handle this. If microsoft patches the optical I will go back to the way my 360 is but I would have to figure out the limitations on the optical out.

Keeping it separate
DirecTV Genie for TV
Sony Bluray player for Bluray
AppleTV for music
Xbox One for gaming
PS4 for exclusives (future buy when naughty dog releases something, cross platform titles on Xbox One)

Harmony Remote to control it all.
post #101 of 109 Old 12-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Liked: 10

I'm having same issue with my Pioneer VSX-8231 AVR.  Here is what works so far:

HDMI:   XBOX1->TV

Optical: TV -> AVR

What doesn't work is XBOX1->AVR->TV

One time, I did get audio but NO video from XBOX1. I do get the AVR's network menu setup to appear on the TV.

What I have not been able to get despite trying different HDMI cables is XBOX1 video through the AVR. Both HDMI cables that I tried to connect XBOX1 to AVR are rated as 1.4/4K.

How do I configure the XBOX1 not to use "full" as somebody else mentioned? I'm not sure what else to try. If HDMI pass through video doesn't work on my AVR, not sure why I just bought an AVR with HDMI inputs. Frustrating.

post #102 of 109 Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 578
What the heck does "Full" mean?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #103 of 109 Old 12-15-2013, 11:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Full range RGB (0-255) and it is not functioning properly via the Xone (for now).

* I tested on a calibrated sRGB pc monitor and instead of black being 0 it is closer to 8 so everything below is crushed.

Those having issues... be sure you are set for LIMITED and 24 bit as this can eliminate some 'potential' issues.

Jason
post #104 of 109 Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 AM

For my issue, xbox1 was already set to Limited.  Bummer.

post #105 of 109 Old 12-25-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandrol View Post

Same is happening with me
no audio no image on hdmi
no audio when using optical cable as well
I think X1 is not compatible with AVR-721

Same with my AVR1912...did you find a solution?
post #106 of 109 Old 12-25-2013, 11:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Works great with my Denon 1712 and even when I set the 1712 to pass through audio to my Denon 4311 in the HT. redface.gif

Jason
post #107 of 109 Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

I gave up on using Game Mode. I just use my professionally calibrated settings via Custom mode. It is not as bright but more realistic for me. I played Forza 5 over the weekend and it seemed plenty bright, I was even blinded by the simulated sunshine coming through the screen. I also watch a lot of movies and Netflix and prefer the Custom calibrated settings to Game mode. I don't know if this affects lag but I seem to do ok with online FPS.

Have you considered changing the settings in Game Mode to mimic your calibrated settings? Usually, you can just write down what the calibrator set things to in your calibrated mode and then enter them in Game Mode (keep in mind to keep all fancy processing things turned off, so no extra lag is introduced). That way, your picture is similar to your calibrated mode, but less lag.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #108 of 109 Old 12-26-2013, 08:45 AM

I don't experience much if any lag. My calibrated settings work great for gaming, Netflix or movies. The calibrator left me the Adobe file with pre and post calibrated settings. Plus the Game mode on my ST50 is not as customizable as the Custom mode.
post #109 of 109 Old 12-26-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

I don't experience much if any lag. My calibrated settings work great for gaming, Netflix or movies. The calibrator left me the Adobe file with pre and post calibrated settings. Plus the Game mode on my ST50 is not as customizable as the Custom mode.

I am the same way with my Panny. I really do not notice any lag on 50G25 so I leave mine on THX mode for everything I do since it was calibrated and so I get those accurate colors. Worst case scenario is to bump brightness from the in game menu if a certain game is too dark for my THX mode which most are not...I prefer a more natural color palette as opposed to one with over-bloated colors.
Cuda1169 likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Samsung Pn51f5500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page