which game do u regret buying for the xbox one? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
would have to be ryse for me, super short, it was beautiful though but not worth the money imo

how about u guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 143
None. I have DR3, Forza, Battlefield 4 and Ghosts and I Am enjoying them all.

DR3 is the surprise for me. Didn't think I would love it as much as I do. I have killed over 12,000 zombies and can't wait to kill more!

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #3 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
For me, it would be Madden. I wasn't high on the game but then when I bring it home, it looks like garbage on my tv. Still looking for settings to make this game look better.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #4 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 08:44 AM

Liked: 44
Ghosts - while I know others might feel otherwise, this game is bad on so many levels and doesn't come close to matching up with others in the series. Moreover, I really can't tell the difference graphically between this title and others on the 360 (although I can see a slight difference in the campaign). Looking forward to finishing the campaign, selling it, and picking up AC4: Black Flag (or possibly Dead Rising).
post #5 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I'm a little nervous about Dead Rising 3. I'm very early into the game, so maybe I'll enjoy it much more when I get a bit farther into it, but driving a car through thousands of zombies, while hilarious the first couple of times you do it, is starting to bore me.

Again, I'm super, super early into the game, so maybe I just need to play more.
post #6 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I have only gotten 3 XB1 games so far. Forza5, Ryse and DR3.

-No regrets at all with Forza 5
-Ryse was kinda a short simplistic game play wise but it is really good looking and excellent story wise so don't really regret it either.

DR3 seemed like it was going to be fun at first but that died out quickly,game got extremely repetitive and I got bored........it was also the worse looking off the 3.....hardly "next gen".........definite regret paying $60 for it.
post #7 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
At least we can get at least $40 for these games at Best Buy.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #8 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Liked: 11
I too was surprised how much I loved DR3. Almost didn't get it since I did not like the first two, but positive reviews convenced me. Stayed up way too late last night mowing through the hoard. Love Ryse. Forza is great, but the microtransaction format is major BS. Only one I regret is Madden. EA was just plain lazy. I also have NBA2K1 and Call of Duty, and I really enjoy them quite a lot as well. Overall, I am extremely happy with my One, but Madden is bad.
post #9 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Cod: ghosts: because I am so bad at the multiplayer smile.gif

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #10 of 27 Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 PM

Liked: 52
I have Forza and Ryse and enjoy them both equally. I purchased CoD Ghost for my 360 and don't anticipate purchasing it again for the X1.
post #11 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 12:44 AM

Liked: 10
I love the new extinction mode on Ghosts. I wish that they would create more maps already though. I've beaten it too many times.
post #12 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Im enjoying all of the games on the Xbox but I'll mention that I'm kind of regretting getting NBA2K14 (on the PS4), mostly because the gameplay still feels pretty clunky and outside of a few select character models it doesnt really look all that impressive to me.
post #13 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 07:45 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by golem View Post

Im enjoying all of the games on the Xbox but I'll mention that I'm kind of regretting getting NBA2K14 (on the PS4), mostly because the gameplay still feels pretty clunky and outside of a few select character models it doesnt really look all that impressive to me.

Really ? NBA 2k14 looks amazing on PS4. Its one of the only real next-gen game with killzone.
post #14 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symtex View Post

Really ? NBA 2k14 looks amazing on PS4. Its one of the only real next-gen game with killzone.

He didn't say anything about it looking bad, just that it was "clunky", which I would assume meant gameplay. Although I don't have 2K14, one fo the few games I didn't pick up, I hear it looks damn good on the X1 too.

Outtie

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
post #15 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post

He didn't say anything about it looking bad, just that it was "clunky", which I would assume meant gameplay. Although I don't have 2K14, one fo the few games I didn't pick up, I hear it looks damn good on the X1 too.

Outtie

Yes he did " it doesnt really look all that impressive to me."

Sharp Elite Pro 60

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 Receiver

Pioneer Elite  BDP-62FD BluRay

post #16 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 10:18 AM

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBRSteve View Post

Yes he did " it doesnt really look all that impressive to me."

Oops, my bad...I guess I stopped at the "clunky" part.

I stand corrected.

Outtie

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
post #17 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post

Outtie
Yep definitely a case of next-gen looks (and not all of it looks great).. last gen gameplay.

Graphics wise the coaches and sideline reporters are the biggest offenders to me. They just look plain BAD. I expect a higher level of graphical consistency across the board.. one of the few games that has managed to wow me throughout is Ryse, mainly because it seems their production budget was huge. Nary a low poly model or low res texture to be seen.
post #18 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Ghosts, the maps are awful and the spawns are even worse. I'll have to look into AC and maybe trade in Ghosts towards it.
post #19 of 27 Old 11-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Liked: 12
Have Ryse and love it. Its short though, but if your a fan of Spartacus and of that era this is truly an epic game that just plays and looks awesome with a great story to boot. Also got NFS rivals which I am enjoying also. DR3, im still on the fence whether to pick that one up or not.
post #20 of 27 Old 11-29-2013, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

I'm kind of regretting getting NBA2K14 (on the PS4), mostly because the gameplay still feels pretty clunky and outside of a few select character models it doesnt really look all that impressive to me.

You need a bigger TV then... smile.gif

Seriously, the enjoyment of NBA 2K14 increases along with the TV size. Playing the game on my 126 inch projector screen is a completely different experience from my 50 inch plasma. It's like night and day. (I still like the game on my 50 inch plasma, but you loose a lot of the next-gen ness of the game when it's not showing a replay. The replays always look next-gen to me, but the normal gameplay view only looks amazing on a super huge screen)
post #21 of 27 Old 11-29-2013, 07:25 PM

1. Madden
The player models are still a joke. Same awful blocking, same "money plays", etc. And who knew Colin Kaepernick (sp?) and Joe Flacco had such huge biceps and walked around with a hunch back? And the coaches?! Ooh my. Forget about it. They're awful. EA laziness at it's finest. Oh but "the battle between the O-line and D-line is much more improved on the next-gen version!" rolleyes.gif

2. COD: Ghosts
Where are the next-gen graphics here? And again, nothing next-gen about the gameplay IMO. Small maps with very similar graphics and textures as the 360 COD games. Not impressed.

NBA 2K looks and plays amazing. Concerning the "clunky" mention above, I understand what he's saying. 2K games are known for a somewhat herky-jerky look and feel at times. But overall, this is one impressive next-gen game. Player models, arenas, etc. are spot on. Gameplay is fantastic as is the audio. Best XB1 launch title so far, at least for me.

BF:4 would've been my #1 overall choice if not for the awful server issues I'm still experiencing, including dropped games, inability to connect at all and dropped audio throughout MP games.

Still haven't got a chance to play Forza or Dead Rising 3 yet.

XBL:  B Klip

PSN:  Chodite

post #22 of 27 Old 11-30-2013, 01:26 AM

Oh let me throw some more fuel on the fire.. AC4, despite all the positive reviews, is still just another crappy AC game. Never liked the series, got suckered again somehow.
post #23 of 27 Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:

Oh let me throw some more fuel on the fire.. AC4, despite all the positive reviews, is still just another crappy AC game. Never liked the series, got suckered again somehow.

This is probably the best place to post this, i'm willing to trade my day one copy of dead rising 3 for assassins creed 4 if anyone is interested.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #24 of 27 Old 11-30-2013, 04:48 PM

I only have Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 at the moment, but I'm going with BF4. The game could be great, but the constant booting to the home screen, audio issues, and general bugs are atrocious. I can't count how many times the game has restarted while in the middle of a multiplayer match and booted me to the Xbox home screen. And to add insult to injury, it completely erased my single player campaign save. I was probably 80% through the game, and my son is begging me to finish it. Now I've got to grind through the story all over again just to get back to where I was. Pretty disappointing bug testing from EA/DICE on this one.
post #25 of 27 Old 11-30-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
No regrets. Owned only 4 ps3 games and mostly games on the 360. Think I'm dual system this time around. Loving both systems. My kids loved Knack and NFS: Rivals for PS4 and love Resogun. Haven't really touched Killzone (a little regret perhaps since it was $60). 2k14 is great on the One and finally got to play Forza today and wow. Love it. May be a good sign of things to come this gen.
post #26 of 27 Old 11-30-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Right now the game I regret buying is Dead Rising 3. Because I haven't played it except for 15 minutes on launch day. The camera movements made me sick. I haven't tried it again yet. I spent $90 on it. At least with Forza 5, even though I spent a bunch of money, at least I'm actually playing it.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #27 of 27 Old 11-30-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageSTi View Post

I only have Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 at the moment, but I'm going with BF4. The game could be great, but the constant booting to the home screen, audio issues, and general bugs are atrocious. I can't count how many times the game has restarted while in the middle of a multiplayer match and booted me to the Xbox home screen. And to add insult to injury, it completely erased my single player campaign save. I was probably 80% through the game, and my son is begging me to finish it. Now I've got to grind through the story all over again just to get back to where I was. Pretty disappointing bug testing from EA/DICE on this one.
Its been like that for years with ea/dice but if hang around after a 5-100 patches the game(s) can and will be awesome. The whole single player not saving issue is the dumbest thing ever. I don't know why it's taking them so long to fix it.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Ryse Son Of Rome Day One Edition , Madden Nfl 25 Xbox One

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page