AVR Not Supported by Xbox One - Marantz SR5005 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-01-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a Marantz SR5005, 4-port HDMI Audio-Video Receiver (AVR), but it isn't listed as one of the supported AVR models in the XBox One AVR menu.  I looked through the Xbox One Troubleshooting Menu, and it shows that you can enter a 5-digit IR (Remote Control) Code to control the TV, a code for the Sat/Cable box, and a code for the AVR, but I can't find/figure out the 5-digit IR Code for the SR5005 on the Marantz website.  They just have a HEX codes for RS232 controls. ( HEX to ASCII Conversion???)

XBoxOne has SR5000, SR5001, SR5002, SR5003, but these don't work for me. The AVRs supported by Xbox One appear to be pretty "dated" AVRs (currently on 5008)).  I called the Microsoft helpline, and they weren't able to help...

My goal is to make it super-simple for my family to be able to turn-on TV, AVR, and Cable box by saying "Xbox On", but it just isn't working right now.

Current setup (==> HDMI Connection):

Cable Box ==> XBoxOne ==> Marantz SR5005 AVR ==> Samsung TV

XBox360  ==>

WiiU         ==>

Empty       ==>

The XboxOne Kinect controls for the Cable Box and TV IRs are working fine.

I've seen a couple different setups posted where people are putting the XBox One last, but that would mean I'd have to have optical audio back (or ARC?) to the AVR to get 5.1 sound, and it would mean the XBox One would have to be on all the time (I understand that there is no Pass-through HDMI capability - or so I've read).

Any recommendations would be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-01-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 231
FWIW I think it is unrealistic to expect Microsoft to make Xbox One backward compatible with all of the devices you listed and others when it is not even backward compatible with its own ecosystem (Xbox 360, accessories etc). I would never want to use a game console the way you described. A Harmony remote...sure. But I certainly appreciate your predicament. I suggest you contact Marantz to get the code. And if that doesn't work, you may have to buy a new AVR. Which is ridiculous IMO. Those remotes usually work in a series. So any in the 5000 series of AVR should work.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-01-2013, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Just to clarify, the Xbox One only supports the following in the Marantz SR5K series of AVRs:

SR5001 (from 2006),

SR5002 (from 2007),

SR5003 (from 2008)

post #4 of 8 Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I could not get the XB1 to work with my HK 1710 either.

Closet match it had was for 16xx but still did not work. It work turn it on but could not do volume and would not turn it off.

The off issues is probably not the XB1s fault since I cant even get that to wotk with a Harmony. Something to do with HKs funny press and hold OFF button for 5+ sec to actually turn OFF.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelReyTOR41 View Post

Just to clarify, the Xbox One only supports the following in the Marantz SR5K series of AVRs:
SR5001 (from 2006),
SR5002 (from 2007),
SR5003 (from 2008)

Where did you get this info? I've tried searching on Microsoft support forums and couldn't find anything. Link?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-02-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceso_fd View Post

Where did you get this info? I've tried searching on Microsoft support forums and couldn't find anything. Link?

Unfortunately there is no way to see this other than on console.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #7 of 8 Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

ceso_fd - I just listed the SR5Ks that were shown on the XBox One console, and looked-up the year on the spec sheets from Marantz.

All - I did get a response from Marantz NJ Technical support, but unfortunately they confirmed what I thought, that the Xbox needs to have the IR Codes programmed on the Xbox to operate the AVR.  Looking through the Marantz XLS sheet on IR codes http://us.marantz.com/us/Support/Pages/Manuals.aspx.   I can't find a compatible Marantz model supported by Xbox One that has the correct IR Codes for On/Off, Volume Up, Volume Down.  Dead-end there.

Below is the response from Marantz:

"

The codes for the Xbox One to control other devices are actually set by Microsoft, as is also the case with other universal remote controls. Each command of the AV receiver, such as power on, responds to a specific infrared frequency. Thus there are many individual IR frequencies associated with controlling the various functions of the AVR. The way universal control devices such as a cable or TV remote, or in this case the Xbox One, are able to control multiple functions of another product is by already having all of these IR commands stored in its memory and assigning a number to that set of IR commands in order to call those commands out of its memory and control the device. We cannot provide these codes as each manufacturer uses their own codes. For example to control a SR5003, for brand A cable box remote to control our receiver the code may be 533, and for a different cable box the code may be 6321, or in the case of the Xbox One it could look like R0189. There is no way for us to keep a database of this or create these codes. It is entirely up to the manufacturer of the device trying to control our product whether they will be able to control our product or not. Perhaps Microsoft has additional codes, and if not they will likely be able to update their command list in the future. I would suggest getting in touch with them for more information.

Thank you.

I'll continue to try on the MS Xbox One forum to see if they'll be issuing/adding additional Remote Codes.

post #8 of 8 Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Have you tried a remote from a newer Marantz AVR with your M-SR5005? Sometimes remotes from the next generation of AVRs, Blu-Rays etc work for last gen models as well as new ones. If it works then the remote codes for the newer model may work with your XB1.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Marantz Sr5005 Audio Video Receiver Black , Xbox One Console Standard Edition
Gear in this thread - Sr5005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page