I have a xbox one, but still on my 360 more often... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 12-05-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well after the initial cool factor wore off the past week, im back on my 360 and thus far a bit disappointed with the one. I picked up COD: Ghosts and Forza launch games. My initial thought when getting the one hooked up and all was this kinect voice commands, kinect log in, and watch tv features are really cool. Popped in COD and was right away disappointed. My feeling was "Am I playing the 360 version of the game"? Graphics did not look much different if at all from the 360 version. Played some multiplayer before I realized or more-so hoped that this game was just a copy/paste job and not built for the One, so I popped in Forza. Great looking game but again I felt that something that couldve been accomplished on the 360. I continued to play and along with Killer Instinct another fun game but again felt that the 360 couldve handled this no problem, just eventually got ...bored. With lack of other of the apps that are on the 360 and friends that held off on getting the new consoles I went back to the 360 and realized that I might have jumped the gun and got the One too early. With lack of any real system selling game, immediate improvements over the 360, and even apps I enjoy my 360 more. With every console release in the past since Super NIntendo, I have felt that system I "upgraded" to was a definite improvement over its predecessor. I feel with the One was released a bit early and the visuals in the games ive played thus far are just eh, in terms of improvements over the 360. I know with future games this will improve, but with past systems this has never been an issue as you instantly knew that you were gaming on a superior system from that point forward. Just like this weeks South Park episode one of the character commented that the One was "a 10% improvement " over the 360. That is exactly how I currently feel. My 360 will remain my system of choice till the One really gets going.
Leo_Ames likes this.

PSN: AWDdsm
XBL: ORDEProject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-05-2013, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 449
I haven't been able to go back to my 360 since getting the One.

The 5.0 is here
post #3 of 12 Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 PM
JSY

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I think as expected, the true capabilities of the XB1 (and the PS4 for that matter) won't be realized until the developers really start understanding their boundaries. Like any new system - the first games are never going to be the best of what the new system can do. It was much like this with the 360 and the PS3 when they first came out - the games weren't the best of the abilities, even HALO, but it got better. Also consider they were upgrades from the PS2 and XBOX so it was more dramatic. So, I don't think it's the console at all - but the developers just haven't had much time with the system. What was it - about 4 months?

I'm also still using the 360. It has more stuff available for it right now and I don't have many friends with a XB1 or PS4 yet, so it will be a gradual transition. I think a lot of people are doing that.
joe531 and barrelbelly like this.
post #4 of 12 Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Well, truth be told the games that are out right now for these next gen systems aren't the greatest in the world. There really isn't a truly legitimate reason to own either system before March.

I bought both of them, and got rid of my 360 and PS3. But, that's just the way I always operate when the new consoles come out. Out with the old, and in with the new. I have no interest in ever using a Xbox 360 or PS3 again. Ever onwards!
post #5 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It was pretty clear going in this would be the case. The jump from last gen to this gen was just not going to be as pronounced as in past gens. I mean you look at the later 360 and PS3 games and they are stunning compared to what came before were getting to the point where things have to be almost perfectly lifelike to be better.

Currently I have my XB1 on everyday and jump in and out of forza/killer instinct. I did go back to the 360 to finish Farcry 3 and I still have the following to finish on it so I will be playing it a lot in the coming weeksAC: Brotherhood, AC:3 (or whatever our american one is), and Deadspace 2 (and then will have to go for 3) and I have the 2 infamous on the PS3 (and all the other games I missed that hopefully shows up on Sony free list). So i will spend a lot of time on last gen consoles but that in no way midigates my happiness with this gen. My only problem is my resistance to buying other games while I have the other games sitting unplayed.
post #6 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked: 771
I haven't touched my 360 since getting my XBOne. I still have GTAV to play on the 360, but I just don't feel like going back to the old console any more. I kind of wish I would have traded my last 360 in. I would have rather put the money toward a second XBOne or even a PS4. But I can't even seem to justify getting a PS4 now either. I would use a secondary XBOne more than I would use a PS4 right now.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #7 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

I haven't been able to go back to my 360 since getting the One.
Same here. I took advantage of Best Buy's $100 gift card for a working 360 and traded in both of my 360s for the $200 gift card. $200 buys me 4 games. biggrin.gif
post #8 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I'm actually with you. I picked up Battlefield 4 and Ghosts. I was a bit harsh on Ghosts at first but am not enjoying the online aspect as much as I have with prior games. I've been spending far more time finishing GTA 5 and up next is The Last of Us, Mass Effect 3, and Tomb Raider. That should take me through January or February. After that point I'll stick with next gen only but this move to next gen hasn't blown me away. I'm sure that in a few years things will be quite different after developers learn how to maximize the capabilities of the machines. And by the way, GTA 5 may well be the best game I've every played smile.gif
post #9 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by neemo6 View Post

With lack of other of the apps that are on the 360 and friends that held off on getting the new consoles I went back to the 360 and realized that I might have jumped the gun and got the One too early. With lack of any real system selling game, immediate improvements over the 360, and even apps I enjoy my 360 more. With every console release in the past since Super NIntendo, I have felt that system I "upgraded" to was a definite improvement over its predecessor. I feel with the One was released a bit early and the visuals in the games ive played thus far are just eh, in terms of improvements over the 360. I know with future games this will improve, but with past systems this has never been an issue as you instantly knew that you were gaming on a superior system from that point forward. Just like this weeks South Park episode one of the character commented that the One was "a 10% improvement " over the 360. That is exactly how I currently feel. My 360 will remain my system of choice till the One really gets going.

For me, The X1 is a superior gaming system. We’ve only scratched the surface of what can be done. Graphically speaking its not a huge jump because most of us are living in a HD world. The big jump from Xbox to X360 was HD so the improvement was dramatic for many of us moving toward HDTVs. I do use my X1 as an all-in-ine as intended and seamlessly moving from game, to TV to Netflix and back again is great. My nephews were in for the holiday and gamed on the X1 tirelessly. During their gameplay I was able to "Snap" football games to keep up with scores, talk about convenience. By contrast the X360 cannot mutlitask well and seems clunky by comparison.

I am using the the X360 less and less and expect that by spring of 2014 I will donate it to my nephews.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Ghosts was a turd, traded it in for AC:BF. I also have BF4. I won't be getting another Bone game until Titanfall, but I have two 360 games on my Xmas list.
post #11 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I disconnected my 360. I plan to attach it in another room to finish a few titles but I am enjoying my One.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #12 of 12 Old 12-06-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I have been playing AC:BF, it definitely doesn't feel like a next gen game but it is certainly fun. I've never played any of the AC series so this was a shot in the dark, but it is borderline addictive. I haven't seen it on the 360 but I suspect the draw distance is greatly improved. It's amazing how far away you can see objects.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page