Xbox one slow down after gaming? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I noticed when i play primarily Forza 5 for an hour or so that the system after I go to the xbox home screen seems to be lagging when you scroll through the home screen. I checked to see if it was overheating but it doesn't feel all that hot. Last night it actually took me to the home screen while playing the game. The home screen and everything else worked but it wouldn't let me go back into the game. Once I turned off the Xbox and turned it back on it let me go back into the game.

Any one else having any issues like this? Other than this issue I love this machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyalP View Post

I noticed when i play primarily Forza 5 for an hour or so that the system after I go to the xbox home screen seems to be lagging when you scroll through the home screen. I checked to see if it was overheating but it doesn't feel all that hot. Last night it actually took me to the home screen while playing the game. The home screen and everything else worked but it wouldn't let me go back into the game. Once I turned off the Xbox and turned it back on it let me go back into the game.

Any one else having any issues like this? Other than this issue I love this machine.

No lagging issues from the Home screen but I did get kicked back to the home screen last night when I was expecting a Multiplayer race to start. It had gone to the screen that shows where the track was located. But it stayed on that screen for too long, at least 30 seocnds. The next thing I knew I was kicked back to the home screen. And when I went back to Forza 5 I was at the screen where I had to press the A button to start it. So instead I started playing Ghosts single player.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
I guess I should restate that it may not be lagging but more like slide show effect. It looks like the UI is running at a very low fps.
post #4 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've noticed that a few times on my box also. Cannot remember if I was last playing Forza or not, but you can see it when scrolling between the screens at the home screen. I just did a complete power cycle and everything was fine. I look at it like a PC, you just need a good reboot every once and awhile. They need to add "Xbox reboot"
post #5 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

But I don't need to reboot my PCs. I only reboot them when a program install says it needs it. Otherwise I only use standby and hibernation.

LED DLP

post #6 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've heard multiple theories, but a memory leak (that should be able to be corrected via a patch/update) sounds like what's causing it to me.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 493
After my incidence with not being able to load Dead Rising 3 one time, I now make it a habit to terminate apps or games after I'm done using it. Press the menu button on the controller and select quit on the app. Quit any and all apps. Remember, the One can theoretically run up to 4 apps simultaneously (though I don't know how to test this).
post #8 of 9 Old 12-10-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Isn't the instant resume still in beta?

LED DLP

post #9 of 9 Old 12-10-2013, 08:30 AM

Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

After my incidence with not being able to load Dead Rising 3 one time, I now make it a habit to terminate apps or games after I'm done using it. Press the menu button on the controller and select quit on the app. Quit any and all apps. Remember, the One can theoretically run up to 4 apps simultaneously (though I don't know how to test this).
I agree.

Also will "quit" out of an app or game if I am just watching TV for while.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox One Console Standard Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page