Sony STR-DG910 and XBox 360/One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-2013, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have both a Xbox 360 and an Xbox One hooked up to my Sony ST-DG920 via HDMI and passed through to my Vizio 42" 1080P TV. I've had problems with the 360 for a long time, but I always just assumed it was because of the "after design" implementation of HDMI on the 360, but now I'm having a similar problem on the One.

Whenever I would fire up Netflix or Amazon Instant on the 360, when I started a video, I would lose the video signal. I would still get full audio, but the TV was just blank. If I switched to a different input on the Sony receiver, and then back, the picture would return. That worked fine until they patched those programs, then playback would just stop when I tried to switch inputs, due to HDCP restrictions, I assumed. In any case, when I changed the 360 to output only 720p, the problem 'went away'.

Now, I've got a One, hooked to the same receiver, and the same thing happens, either when I switch to TV, or try to play a video on Netflix. Obviously changing the output on the One to 720p is not a good option.

It seems like it happens anytime the receiver needs to change the resolution it's outputting to the TV. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change to make this behavior go away? Currently, I can get picture back if I reset the AV receiver twice.

Is there a way to mirror this post in the AV receiver forum without actually creating a new post?

TIA

J.I.

St. Louis, MO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2013, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump.

I've changed the XBbox One to 720p, and the problem goes away (Same as the 360). Obviously, this isn't an acceptable solution. Any ideas?

The AVR I have is a Sony STR-DG910, not a ST-DG920 like I listed initially. Apologies.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page