Any improvements in game graphics 360 VS One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ok, it's been since 2005 (eight years ago) that the Xbox 360 launched. So in that eight years, is there really only about a 10% improvement in the graphics? (At least that's what I heard.) I'm asking because there does not seem to be much talk about any improvements or comparisons to the 360 games.

Is it too early to know yet? Or is it known newer games for the Xbox One will look a lot better? And if so, by how much?

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I have only played AC4 and Ghosts. I was amazed by the graphics every time I played AC4. I also couldn't get enough of the uncompressed audio in that game. Truly felt next gen to me.

Then, I played Ghosts. Definitely, a smoother running game than the last few but other than that...not much else of note. The audio does not seem to have the dynamic range of AC4.

FWIW, I game on a Pioneer 141 (prof. calibrated), Denon 4311, and Klipsch RF7ii set-up.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #3 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 06:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 576
There was a very noticeable improvement in Ghosts between the 360 and XBOne. But this is also from a multi-platform launch game. Which are not going to be your best games to see what a new system can do.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #4 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
You don't really appreciate the leap in graphics until you play games from the same franchise back to back. To me it was like going from DVD to BluRay; at first my brain was filling in the gaps and the difference didn't seem all that great but when I viewed the same title in both formats the differences became apparent.

For example, upon first firing up Forza 5, I thought the visuals were an incremental leap at best. Then I played Forza 4 again and while that game still holds up, the differences in graphics quality quickly became apparent: far more track detail, better lighting, much more detailed car models, and a constant 60fps.

Ryse is another game where the visuals are outstanding and a clear leap from last gen, so much so that the transitions from cinematics to actual gameplay are all but seamless and transparent.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Agree with the above statement. It is a definite improvment
post #6 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 04:23 PM

Liked: 10
IMO, going from BF4 on 360 to BF4 on Xbox One was a huge graphical (and audio) upgrade. I continue to be amazed by little things like light reflection from the sun, water motion and more. The uncompressed audio in that game really shakes the room too.

XBL:  B Klip

PSN:  Chodite

post #7 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 07:43 PM

Liked: 52
Games built from the ground-up on the XBone will be much better looking than games built for both the XBone and X360.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-16-2013, 11:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Ryse, no matter what you think of its gameplay, is one of the most graphically impressive games I've seen on any platform. I haven't been impressed by pictures comparing the multi-platform games, though I haven't played any of them on a last gen and new gen platform to compare.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #9 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
360 bf4 to xb1 is a big difference. On Xb1, it feels bigger and deeper. You really notice it on big maps. Even though the 360 version has the same maps, it seems bigger on X1.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
obviously i am in the minority here, but this is just my opinion....
1. i don't feel like the graphics are a huge step up this gen (not like the jumps in the past).
2. although it does "look" better we still don't even have 1080p/60 frames as standard yet (yes i understand there is more to it than just that..).
3. the major improvements come from gameplay/scale (full disclosure i have a ps4, haven't gotten an xb1 yet, but the systems are comparable). Does BF4 look better, yes, it is a huge improvement (strictly graphics wise) NO, but is it a completely different experience, yes... the 64 player matches, the large maps, so much going on at once without major slowdowns, etc... that is really (IMO) where the difference lies...

so in a nutshell if we are just looking at graphics, i don't feel like it is a big jump (i am actually disappointed my 8 year old TV can run the systems fine...) , but is the experience a big jump "forward", yes...
post #11 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 AM

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

obviously i am in the minority here, but this is just my opinion....
1. i don't feel like the graphics are a huge step up this gen (not like the jumps in the past).
2. although it does "look" better we still don't even have 1080p/60 frames as standard yet (yes i understand there is more to it than just that..).
3. the major improvements come from gameplay/scale (full disclosure i have a ps4, haven't gotten an xb1 yet, but the systems are comparable). Does BF4 look better, yes, it is a huge improvement (strictly graphics wise) NO, but is it a completely different experience, yes... the 64 player matches, the large maps, so much going on at once without major slowdowns, etc... that is really (IMO) where the difference lies...

so in a nutshell if we are just looking at graphics, i don't feel like it is a big jump (i am actually disappointed my 8 year old TV can run the systems fine...) , but is the experience a big jump "forward", yes...

Agreed. The biggest jump with the last gen was from SD to HD so the graphic difference from the Xbox to the 360 was dramatic. Not so this time, I don't expect to get a huge jump in graphics with the X1.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page