Xbox One, Harmony Ultimate & Xfinity X1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-17-2013, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Okay...so lots of moving parts here but here we go:

Xfinity is switching me over from my old (Motorola) boxes to the new X1 platform this evening. I also just purchased a new Harmony Ultimate remote which I am waiting to configure once I know the exact model specs on this new X1 cable box. I currently have a media closet about 30 feet away from my TV with all components concealed inside. So as you can imagine based on this described set-up...my Kinect is still tucked away in it's original packaging until Monoprice, PDP or whomever comes up with an extension cable (that's another thread I know).

What my question is I guess...for those of you with Harmony remotes (Ultimate, 900 or whatever) do you REALLY benefit from the snap functionality of controlling your cable TV viewing through your Xbox One? The switching capability is so easy with a Harmony remote, that I wonder if I'm really going to want to feed an HDMI cable from the X1 directly into my Xbox One as opposed to my receiver. Not to mention that I currently do any of this switching (or snapping) via voice commands anyway since my Kinect can't be hooked up yet. And I know this may sound like a very noobish question, but is it possible to have 2 HDMI outputs from my X1 cable box so I'm running one HDMI to the receiver AND a second to the Xbox One?

Thanks in advance...I'm fairly new to all of this and I knew this would be the place to come to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agis of Sparta View Post

Okay...so lots of moving parts here but here we go:

Xfinity is switching me over from my old (Motorola) boxes to the new X1 platform this evening. I also just purchased a new Harmony Ultimate remote which I am waiting to configure once I know the exact model specs on this new X1 cable box. I currently have a media closet about 30 feet away from my TV with all components concealed inside. So as you can imagine based on this described set-up...my Kinect is still tucked away in it's original packaging until Monoprice, PDP or whomever comes up with an extension cable (that's another thread I know).

What my question is I guess...for those of you with Harmony remotes (Ultimate, 900 or whatever) do you REALLY benefit from the snap functionality of controlling your cable TV viewing through your Xbox One? The switching capability is so easy with a Harmony remote, that I wonder if I'm really going to want to feed an HDMI cable from the X1 directly into my Xbox One as opposed to my receiver. Not to mention that I currently do any of this switching (or snapping) via voice commands anyway since my Kinect can't be hooked up yet. And I know this may sound like a very noobish question, but is it possible to have 2 HDMI outputs from my X1 cable box so I'm running one HDMI to the receiver AND a second to the Xbox One?

Thanks in advance...I'm fairly new to all of this and I knew this would be the place to come to.

A few of us are already doing just this. I purchased a monoprice hdmi splitter and split my cable signal to the Xbox One and direct to my TV. You’re set-up will be similar but you will be passing your cable feed through your receiver to the TV and also to the Xbox One. My splitter wasn’t working well so I just ordered another.

Current Splitter
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8204&seq=1&format=2

Newly Ordered Splitter
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301&p_id=10249&seq=1&format=2
post #3 of 6 Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Another quality option:

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-301BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049S6ZUS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

CUDA, you'll have to let us know how the new one from Mono works, as it doesn't have any reviews right now.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #4 of 6 Old 12-17-2013, 08:51 AM

Liked: 10
What problems were you having with the first monoprice splitter Cuda? I was thinking about getting that one.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Liked: 52
Some channels, like Discovery, are pixelated an unwatchable, via the TV or Xbox, when using the splitter. I think the splitter may be defective so I'm sending it back and will likely upgrade to the newer model or one from Amazon.com. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to post a review of the new splitter until after Christmas.

@ vedderpj13, the Kinivo product is a switch and not a splitter. A switch is great if your TV has limited hdmi iputs, that way you can have multiple devices using just one input. I mistakenly purchased the Kinivo switch from Amazon and it does not give me the functionality that the splitter does. I am also considering this splitter as well so I can purchase with Prime account. I'll keep whichever splitter works best for my set-up.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CUMJRLY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SLEBV47NJH3F&coliid=IMS2XDGJPE52Q
post #6 of 6 Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1169 View Post

Some channels, like Discovery, are pixelated an unwatchable, via the TV or Xbox, when using the splitter. I think the splitter may be defective so I'm sending it back and will likely upgrade to the newer model or one from Amazon.com. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to post a review of the new splitter until after Christmas.

@ vedderpj13, the Kinivo product is a switch and not a splitter. A switch is great if your TV has limited hdmi iputs, that way you can have multiple devices using just one input. I mistakenly purchased the Kinivo switch from Amazon and it does not give me the functionality that the splitter does. I am also considering this splitter as well so I can purchase with Prime account. I'll keep whichever splitter works best for my set-up.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CUMJRLY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SLEBV47NJH3F&coliid=IMS2XDGJPE52Q

Ha-ha, whoops. Linked the wrong item, thanks for pointing that out. I actually meant to pin that exact one you posted. Let me know what you think, I've got my eye on this setup.

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page