Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Controlling Kenway's Fleet from a mobile device when you get some free time throughout the day is basically like having your own money printing press. I've earned hundreds of thousands of reales using it.

And a tip for those having trouble tailing people, hire prostitutes. You can walk around freely in red areas when you are surrounded by prostitutes. It makes the stay-out-of-combat optional objective for assassin contracts ridiculously easy.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

FYI, your link for Stormalong John has a typo - a ) when it should be a 0

Where is the typo? In the link? The link is working on my browser. The name is "Stormalong John" because the lyrics refer to "Storm along...", if you're referring to the "a" in "Stormalong".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post

Controlling Kenway's Fleet from a mobile device when you get some free time throughout the day is basically like having your own money printing press. I've earned hundreds of thousands of reales using it.

And a tip for those having trouble tailing people, hire prostitutes. You can walk around freely in red areas when you are surrounded by prostitutes. It makes the stay-out-of-combat optional objective for assassin contracts ridiculously easy.

Using the fleet system is pretty fantastic (and easy) from on the mobile device. I see FCONE out there on it as well, so I always speed up or heal his ships.

Thanks for the tip on the tailing/etc. in the red zone, I had no idea you cold do that! Will be sure to do it. smile.gif

-JR
post #93 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Yeah, in the link. I fixed it in my quote of the links.
post #94 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I was sad to finish this game. I spent about 57-58 hours getting all of the single-player trophies (I played it on the PS4). Great time and a gorgeous game. I wanted to play Aveline's short mission that was included with the PS4 version, but it was no longer on my game menu screen. So I decided to download Adewale's DLC to see what became of him, as an ad for that was now in the slot on the menu screen where Aveline once was. I downloaded it, but I still couldn't access it. Where it should be accessible, the ad for the DLC still is. I have a trouble ticket in to Ubi about this, but I haven't heard back from them yet (that was on Monday). Kind of a shame, as now I have moved on to Ryse: Son of Rome. Having played the hell out of AC4 is making Ryse quite difficult to get a handle on as the buttons are mapped a bit differently, and even though both involve swordplay, they are not the same. I'll get the hang of Ryse, but then it will make it difficult to play the DLCs of AC4 when I finally get access to them.

post #95 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:

I don't even need to do that for assassin missions. Outside of ship chases it's just as easy to use the beserk dart on the target and let the others do your work for you. I don't think I've actually had to actually kill a single on foot assassin target myself.
post #96 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Yeah, in the link. I fixed it in my quote of the links.

Thank you! I just updated it so it works.

-JR
post #97 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

I don't even need to do that for assassin missions. Outside of ship chases it's just as easy to use the beserk dart on the target and let the others do your work for you. I don't think I've actually had to actually kill a single on foot assassin target myself.
Ah yes. Once you get darts, they sure do come in handy. Especially against guards in towers. My stupid dart-targeted baddies rarely killed their friends. They would get in a few licks, but then they'd get taken out most of the time before taking anyone else out. Still fun to watch, and it takes the focus off of yourself for easier maneuverability.

post #98 of 120 Old 02-20-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah yes. Once you get darts, they sure do come in handy. Especially against guards in towers. My stupid dart-targeted baddies rarely killed their friends. They would get in a few licks, but then they'd get taken out most of the time before taking anyone else out. Still fun to watch, and it takes the focus off of yourself for easier maneuverability.

Yeah I always make sure to use the darts on the target not the others (if you can). Usually if you try to target anyone other than maybe a watch tower guard they run around aimlessly and don't accomplish anything. Good thing is if you wait or sneak around doing something else while they run around they'll die once the timer is up. Sometimes it's fun to just beserk every guard around and watch the chaos ensue.
post #99 of 120 Old 02-21-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I just went through the mission that finally gives you darts...ugh. That was another "hurry up and get through this horror show of sneaking and crappy gameplay to get back to the pirating" scenario for me.

Back to the seas and exploring. I'm going to avoid the next mission for a while. Without giving up any spoilers, for those of you who've finished the game, are there any more missions as rough as the dart mission?

-JR
post #100 of 120 Old 02-21-2014, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

I just went through the mission that finally gives you darts...ugh. That was another "hurry up and get through this horror show of sneaking and crappy gameplay to get back to the pirating" scenario for me.

Back to the seas and exploring. I'm going to avoid the next mission for a while. Without giving up any spoilers, for those of you who've finished the game, are there any more missions as rough as the dart mission?

-JR

Not for me. Not really much of a reason to do the main any more is there? I think you have everything. Go enjoy the open seas!!!
JuiceRocket likes this.

post #101 of 120 Old 02-21-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 73
Dart mission sucked! Wife asked me why I was swearing and I replied too much AC in my Pirate game!
JuiceRocket likes this.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #102 of 120 Old 02-21-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

Dart mission sucked! Wife asked me why I was swearing and I replied too much AC in my Pirate game!

biggrin.gif That's fantastic!

Yeah, I really had to push through it last night. It did make me want to give up the game, but I knew that tasty pirating was there waiting for me.

It's so bizarre to put in this entire, long mission where you're going from bush to bush for 45 minutes straight right in the middle of the game. Talk about ruining the pace. The more I play the more I can see the struggle the team must have had to keep AC but not let it get entirely wiped out by the sea action.
post #103 of 120 Old 03-13-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been helping your ships out when I see them, but haven't seen any FCONE ships on the seas for a bit. Taking a break?

I'm getting close to having to finally move on the main mission. I've cleared out pretty much everything in the map with the exception of the diving bell missions - which sadly aren't as exciting as I'd hoped they'd be. They're not bad, just not as spectacular as I'd imagined.

For anyone who's finished the game, what have you done for replayability or continuing playing?

-JR
FrankJ.Cone likes this.
post #104 of 120 Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 139
This is an excellent game. I am going through it on the PC. I've been at it for weeks. Considerable amount of value for your money. Gorgeous to boot.
post #105 of 120 Old 03-14-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

For anyone who's finished the game, what have you done for replayability or continuing playing?

-JR

What I always do...sell it and recoup ~50% of my cost. smile.gif

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #106 of 120 Old 03-14-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've been helping your ships out when I see them, but haven't seen any FCONE ships on the seas for a bit. Taking a break?

I'm getting close to having to finally move on the main mission. I've cleared out pretty much everything in the map with the exception of the diving bell missions - which sadly aren't as exciting as I'd hoped they'd be. They're not bad, just not as spectacular as I'd imagined.

-JR

I am still trying to beat the legendary ships, still have plenty of chests and Animus pieces, and still working on naval contracts. Once I complete those I'll play the Adewale DLC. I've not regretted the game at all, it's the best AC game by far. I can definitely see them taking the pirate open seas gameplay in a new direction with maybe even a new game.
post #107 of 120 Old 03-15-2014, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

-JR

Thank you very much for the assistance! I now have more coin than I know what to do with. I think the tablet app is awesome, I just wish it was all resources and not just money.

Right now I have to say I am 100% IN on another Black Flag title but I am burned out on AC. Adding the Pirate gameplay just made me realize I love the worlds UBI creates but I HATE 2/3 of the AC missions.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #108 of 120 Old 03-19-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

I am still trying to beat the legendary ships, still have plenty of chests and Animus pieces, and still working on naval contracts. Once I complete those I'll play the Adewale DLC. I've not regretted the game at all, it's the best AC game by far. I can definitely see them taking the pirate open seas gameplay in a new direction with maybe even a new game.

I haven't even come close to damaging any of the legendary ships other than some light scratches. I found all of the open chests, and I think all of the open animus pieces, and just finished the naval contracts. Now I need to finish the Templar Hunts and the assassin contracts - then I'll go ahead and move forward and finish the main story.

Quote:

Thank you very much for the assistance! I now have more coin than I know what to do with. I think the tablet app is awesome, I just wish it was all resources and not just money.

Right now I have to say I am 100% IN on another Black Flag title but I am burned out on AC. Adding the Pirate gameplay just made me realize I love the worlds UBI creates but I HATE 2/3 of the AC missions.

I agree with you on all counts! There is really nothing more to buy (other than a couple of upgrades), so coin now seems to have no value. I wish there was more you could do with it - what I don't know.

I really hope they make a pure pirate game...the sneaking/listening gameplay is just plain awful.

-JR
post #109 of 120 Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:

I haven't even come close to damaging any of the legendary ships other than some light scratches. I found all of the open chests, and I think all of the open animus pieces, and just finished the naval contracts. Now I need to finish the Templar Hunts and the assassin contracts - then I'll go ahead and move forward and finish the main story.
I agree with you on all counts! There is really nothing more to buy (other than a couple of upgrades), so coin now seems to have no value. I wish there was more you could do with it - what I don't know.

I really hope they make a pure pirate game...the sneaking/listening gameplay is just plain awful.

-JR

Is your ship fully upgraded? You can tell by going into the upgrade screen and seeing if any of the cannons/weapons still have upgrades left. It would be insanely hard to beat the legendary ships without all the upgrades. Best technique is to ram them, does the most damage and prevents them from doing much damage to you as you are not broadside. When all 4 go down, you get another ship upgrade.

post #110 of 120 Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Those ships are challenging. My advice is to sneak up from the back and unload on them, they will turn as they turn catch them broadside and unload, you will get hit as well but with any luck you are OK. Then its just a matter of avoiding getting hit while striking them as you can. You cannot take them toe to toe.

Frank J. Cone

post #111 of 120 Old 03-21-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

The two Legendary ships you face can be challenging if you let them flank you. Best to try to trail one and keep the other on your broadside. Better yet try to get them in the line of fire from the other one. It's tough but good thing is you reload faster than they do so you can get more shots off. I wouldn't recommend trying to face them until you're fully upgraded though. Too much of a hassle.
post #112 of 120 Old 03-22-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Fully upgrade and then ram the **** out of them. Don't let them ram you.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #113 of 120 Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Is your ship fully upgraded? You can tell by going into the upgrade screen and seeing if any of the cannons/weapons still have upgrades left. It would be insanely hard to beat the legendary ships without all the upgrades. Best technique is to ram them, does the most damage and prevents them from doing much damage to you as you are not broadside. When all 4 go down, you get another ship upgrade.

I have everything upgraded, with the exception of my own skill at taking on the legendary ships! smile.gif
Quote:

Those ships are challenging. My advice is to sneak up from the back and unload on them, they will turn as they turn catch them broadside and unload, you will get hit as well but with any luck you are OK. Then its just a matter of avoiding getting hit while striking them as you can. You cannot take them toe to toe.

I tried two legendary ships last night, the first was the one that tries to ram you. I couldn't get past that one, it seems much faster and the one time I was finally able to get behind it, it just took off and created distance.

The second ship I was able to take down (I think it was the one on the lower left of the map). It tried to use mortars, but taking the advice here I tailed it and then basically just sat right behind it, taking turns "ramming" it at low speed and unleashing front cannons. I have to admit the end of the battle was pretty darned anticlimactic.

-JR
post #114 of 120 Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 112
You need to run at the one that rams you head on and try to discourage it with the chain shot. It only took me three or four tries to down that one.
post #115 of 120 Old 03-24-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I got lucky then because I took out the ship that tries to ram you the first go around. They did seem to try to high tail it once I got their health down a bit but I kept up the mortars and broadside cannons and got lucky that it didn't ram me to death.
post #116 of 120 Old 03-29-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

You need to run at the one that rams you head on and try to discourage it with the chain shot. It only took me three or four tries to down that one.

I'll give that a shot tonight. I took out the other legendary ship, so now I just have the ramming ship and the black & white ships. I gave them a shot yesterday evening and was able to take one down, but the second one got me...so close!

-JR
post #117 of 120 Old 03-30-2014, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Legendary ships are DONE! Thanks for the tips, they totally helped!

Now it's time to finish up the game. smile.gif

-JR
post #118 of 120 Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Was going to pick this up soon, noticed the Season Pass is on sale this week [http://majornelson.com/2014/07/01/th...-with-gold-10/]... Is the DLC worth the trouble?

The ship battles were my favorite part [by far] of ACIII, so looking forward to pirating-it-up!
post #119 of 120 Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguy5 View Post
Was going to pick this up soon, noticed the Season Pass is on sale this week [http://majornelson.com/2014/07/01/th...-with-gold-10/]... Is the DLC worth the trouble?

The ship battles were my favorite part [by far] of ACIII, so looking forward to pirating-it-up!
Good question about the Gold deals. I've been wondering the same myself. I checked out the info on the DLC, and it appears only Freedom Cry and Illustrious Pirates have SP action in them. Unfortunately it seems like most of the action they deliver is land missions, which has pretty much zero interest to me. More eavesdropping missions? No thanks.

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who has these DLC's on what they're like.

-JR
post #120 of 120 Old 07-02-2014, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Freedom Cry has a healthy amount of ship battles and new content, and a whole new city (though not as big or detailed as the other three.)
JuiceRocket likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page