AVR not recognizing HTPC when switching from Xbone - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but it definitely has something to do with Xbox so I'll try here. Apologies if it belongs somewhere else.

My setup is as follows:

Comcast > Xbone > AVR > TV

The AVR is a Sony STRDH520. I also have an HTPC and an Xbox360 connected to my AVR. Ever since I connected the Xbone, when I go from the Xbone to HTPC I get no signal. I have to go Xbone > Xbox360 > HTPC and then the signal comes in fine. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something I can do to avoid having to make the extra source jump?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 62
My initial thought would be to make sure all your sources are using the same output resolution. Fix them to the same setting. When using dynamic resolutions some AVRs and TV tend to either get confused or 'take a while' to resync every time a change in resolution is needed.

I tend to force everything to use either 1080p or 1080i. Otherwise you introduce some chances for delays or problems as the devices all resync as the programming changes. Going from a 480i SD TV show, to a 720p DVD, to a 1080p video game, etc... Best to take that out of the equation unless you really have well-understood reasons for wanting this handled otherwise. As in, you know the scaler in the TV/AVR/source does a better job. There are some disc players (oppo) that are known to do a superior job of scaling. So you'd want to avoid letting anything else 'fiddle' with the signal. But then it's also worth considering how much effort you want to go through, and how much you have to learn about the limits of the equipment you've got (in general, not your specific stuff).
post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Htpcs and avrs have issues sometimes. I just recently had a problem with mine and it was a hdmi and edid issue. I got the gefen hdmi detective plus and now no issues. Don't know if this would help or not. Got it on Amazon
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Sony Strdh520 7 1 Channel 3d Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page