Halo 5: Guardians - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Halo 5: Guardians, the next major entry in the Halo franchise and the next chapter in Master Chief's journey, will be released on Xbox One in fall 2015, developer 343 Industries confirmed this week.

"In the tradition of every Halo game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project," said 343 Industries general manager Bonnie Ross in an official announcement. "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what's now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

Ross said Halo 5 will "incorporate the things we learned from Halo 4 about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale — and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the Halo universe."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/16/5721032/halo-5-guardians-release-date-xbox-one




Halo Journey

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement
spid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Not a lot of details released so far so I will reserve this spot when more news comes out.
spid is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
metalsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
They must really have a lot of GREAT stuff to announce @ E3 if they are putting Halo 5 info out now.
metalsaber is online now  
post #4 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
This is the game that will sell the system IMO. I'll join the Xbox One fray in 2015 just to buy this game and pick up Halo 2 Anniversary on the cheap. By that time there will be a decent inventory of Xbox One games. And MS should be much farther down the promising path they are now on with Windows ecosystem integration. Plus Mass Effect and Half Life 3 will be hitting the market around the same time. Even though I will most likely buy those for PC. But this is great news on Halo. And I look forward to picking it up in 2015.
barrelbelly is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bailey151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

This is the game that will sell the system IMO. I'll join the Xbox One fray in 2015 just to buy this game and pick up Halo 2 Anniversary on the cheap. By that time there will be a decent inventory of Xbox One games. And MS should be much farther down the promising path they are now on with Windows ecosystem integration. Plus Mass Effect and Half Life 3 will be hitting the market around the same time. Even though I will most likely buy those for PC. But this is great news on Halo. And I look forward to picking it up in 2015.
Ah sh*t, now look I have to agree biggrin.gif Did I just feel the earth tilt a bit biggrin.gif

Looking forward to a new Halo.......is it 2015 yet? Hoping we get a Halo 2 re-do, 343's first effort with Anniversary was excellent.
barrelbelly likes this.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
Bailey151 is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

They must really have a lot of GREAT stuff to announce @ E3 if they are putting Halo 5 info out now.

They are trying to dribble out "good news" to combat bad sales numbers. It started with the $399 SKU, then the Netflix paywall change and now this. All three were bracketing NPD news. If things were going well they would save it all for E3.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
tgable is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
ctiq21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

They are trying to dribble out "good news" to combat bad sales numbers. It started with the $399 SKU, then the Netflix paywall change and now this. All three were bracketing NPD news. If things were going well they would save it all for E3.

Why would they put out all the good news now and then have a lackluster E3. That would be the dumbest thing they could do. Everyone knows that this E3 is huge for them.
ctiq21 is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post

Why would they put out all the good news now and then have a lackluster E3. That would be the dumbest thing they could do. Everyone knows that this E3 is huge for them.
You have to excuse tgable, he/she has an agenda to trash MS any chance he/she gets.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
metalsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

You have to excuse tgable, he/she has an agenda to trash MS any chance he/she gets.

Yup. And to think some people didn't like that I talked about ps4 trolls in the x1 thread.
rolleyes.gif
metalsaber is online now  
post #10 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Is it just me...Or did they really feminize the look of Master Chief in that artwork? Or is that the new Cortana...Guardian? Hmmmm?!
barrelbelly is offline  
post #11 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
That's a new Spartan on top and Chief on the bottom. I guess one of the 343 guys says you will play as both during Halo 5 on twitter.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

That's a new Spartan on top and Chief on the bottom. I guess one of the 343 guys says you will play as both during Halo 5 on twitter.

Yeah...but remember how Cortana disappeared or transitioned to somewhere else in that same shimmering blue that's in the visor at the top? It would be cool if she could take physical form in the next one. Like Edi in Mass Effect. That top image is definitely feminine IMO. And a tease to boot.
barrelbelly is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 86
That must be Tex.
sirjonsnow is offline  
post #14 of 24 Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 442
They have already stated it isn't Cortsna & and not a female.


Halo franchise Senior PR Manager Rob Semsey denied on Twitter the possibility that the Spartan could be Cortana.

Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor also added on NeoGAF that “it’s not Palmer and it is not a girl.”

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
totalownership's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Well whoever that is needs to lay off the estrogen pills.
barrelbelly likes this.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
totalownership is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tgable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

You have to excuse tgable, he/she has an agenda to trash MS any chance he/she gets.

Did I say something false are are you just going to sling mud because you have nothing of substance to say? They released the info early to change the conversation. It is Marketing 101.
freemeat likes this.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
tgable is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
ogbuehi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 4,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I remember the only reason I originally purchased the first XBOX was because I wanted Halo 1. The only reason I first purchased the 360 was Halo 2. If this game lives up to the bit of hype already, it will give me a reason to get an XBOX 1.
ogbuehi is online now  
post #18 of 24 Old 05-19-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,405
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Unfortunately the game is still a very long ways off. By the time Halo 5 is released I would expect them to have a new XBOne with a Die Shrink that uses less power. Since it will be around two years since the launch. Or at least a major price drop.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 902
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

That's a new Spartan on top and Chief on the bottom. I guess one of the 343 guys says you will play as both during Halo 5 on twitter.

Really??? Like when you played as both the Master Chief and the Arbiter in Halo 3??? Sigh...if this is true I'm lowering my expectations for this campaign quite a bit. Unfortunate as good as Halo 4 was...hopefully the multiplayer will redefine the online FPS experience like Halo 2 did when it first hit Xbox Live.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is online now  
post #20 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Really??? Like when you played as both the Master Chief and the Arbiter in Halo 3??? Sigh...if this is true I'm lowering my expectations for this campaign quite a bit. Unfortunate as good as Halo 4 was...hopefully the multiplayer will redefine the online FPS experience like Halo 2 did when it first hit Xbox Live.
Looks like I was wrong, this is his direct quote from twitter: "For everyone speculating about the mysterious Spartan in Halo 5: Guardians, he’s not Palmer (or Cortana!). He’s a NEW character. smile.gif”. So it may not be an actual playable character, but someone new to the storyline.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #21 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Looks like I was wrong, this is his direct quote from twitter: "For everyone speculating about the mysterious Spartan in Halo 5: Guardians, he’s not Palmer (or Cortana!). He’s a NEW character. smile.gif”. So it may not be an actual playable character, but someone new to the storyline.

For the record. I am really looking forward to release of this game. And if it's not playable on my Windows 8 PC. It will be a XB1 console seller for me. But It's interesting they clarified the new character is a "he". Because that image sure says "she". From the armorized thong depicted in the art, to the armorized bra...that image says "he" must have spent a lot of time in a "Brute" POW prison. MS may want to tidy the art up a bit on Halo 5 before this potential gender ambiguity issue goes much farther. They don't need an artistic distraction like this with a franchise as important as Halo.
barrelbelly is offline  
post #22 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,405
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Armorized thong and armorized Bra? biggrin.gif Was I looking at the same picture?
barrelbelly likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #23 of 24 Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
barrelbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Armorized thong and armorized Bra? biggrin.gif Was I looking at the same picture?

YUP! smile.gif And it looks like good old Master Chief or the new guy may be in our real Army & Marines real soon according to this article. Sporting the rage guy thong and man boob guard. biggrin.gif

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/special-operations-forces-may-get-iron-man-suit
barrelbelly is offline  
post #24 of 24 Old 05-21-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

For the record. I am really looking forward to release of this game. And if it's not playable on my Windows 8 PC. It will be a XB1 console seller for me. But It's interesting they clarified the new character is a "he". Because that image sure says "she". From the armorized thong depicted in the art, to the armorized bra...that image says "he" must have spent a lot of time in a "Brute" POW prison. MS may want to tidy the art up a bit on Halo 5 before this potential gender ambiguity issue goes much farther. They don't need an artistic distraction like this with a franchise as important as Halo.
That could be the case. It could also be a woman and they are trying hard to not let that cat out of the bag so they can announce it at E3 or something.
barrelbelly likes this.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off