Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Halo 5: Guardians, the next major entry in the Halo franchise and the next chapter in Master Chief's journey, will be released on Xbox One in fall 2015, developer 343 Industries confirmed this week.

"In the tradition of every Halo game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project," said 343 Industries general manager Bonnie Ross in an official announcement. "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what's now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

Ross said Halo 5 will "incorporate the things we learned from Halo 4 about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale — and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the Halo universe."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/16/5721032/halo-5-guardians-release-date-xbox-one

Halo Journey

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Not a lot of details released so far so I will reserve this spot when more news comes out.
post #3 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
They must really have a lot of GREAT stuff to announce @ E3 if they are putting Halo 5 info out now.
post #4 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
This is the game that will sell the system IMO. I'll join the Xbox One fray in 2015 just to buy this game and pick up Halo 2 Anniversary on the cheap. By that time there will be a decent inventory of Xbox One games. And MS should be much farther down the promising path they are now on with Windows ecosystem integration. Plus Mass Effect and Half Life 3 will be hitting the market around the same time. Even though I will most likely buy those for PC. But this is great news on Halo. And I look forward to picking it up in 2015.
post #5 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

This is the game that will sell the system IMO. I'll join the Xbox One fray in 2015 just to buy this game and pick up Halo 2 Anniversary on the cheap. By that time there will be a decent inventory of Xbox One games. And MS should be much farther down the promising path they are now on with Windows ecosystem integration. Plus Mass Effect and Half Life 3 will be hitting the market around the same time. Even though I will most likely buy those for PC. But this is great news on Halo. And I look forward to picking it up in 2015.
Ah sh*t, now look I have to agree biggrin.gif Did I just feel the earth tilt a bit biggrin.gif

Looking forward to a new Halo.......is it 2015 yet? Hoping we get a Halo 2 re-do, 343's first effort with Anniversary was excellent.
barrelbelly likes this.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
post #6 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

They must really have a lot of GREAT stuff to announce @ E3 if they are putting Halo 5 info out now.

They are trying to dribble out "good news" to combat bad sales numbers. It started with the $399 SKU, then the Netflix paywall change and now this. All three were bracketing NPD news. If things were going well they would save it all for E3.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #7 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

They are trying to dribble out "good news" to combat bad sales numbers. It started with the $399 SKU, then the Netflix paywall change and now this. All three were bracketing NPD news. If things were going well they would save it all for E3.

Why would they put out all the good news now and then have a lackluster E3. That would be the dumbest thing they could do. Everyone knows that this E3 is huge for them.
post #8 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post

Why would they put out all the good news now and then have a lackluster E3. That would be the dumbest thing they could do. Everyone knows that this E3 is huge for them.
You have to excuse tgable, he/she has an agenda to trash MS any chance he/she gets.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #9 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

You have to excuse tgable, he/she has an agenda to trash MS any chance he/she gets.

Yup. And to think some people didn't like that I talked about ps4 trolls in the x1 thread.
rolleyes.gif
post #10 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Is it just me...Or did they really feminize the look of Master Chief in that artwork? Or is that the new Cortana...Guardian? Hmmmm?!
post #11 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

That's a new Spartan on top and Chief on the bottom. I guess one of the 343 guys says you will play as both during Halo 5 on twitter.

post #12 of 24 Old 05-16-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's a new Spartan on top and Chief on the bottom. I guess one of the 343 guys says you will play as both during Halo 5 on twitter.

Yeah...but remember how Cortana disappeared or transitioned to somewhere else in that same shimmering blue that's in the visor at the top? It would be cool if she could take physical form in the next one. Like Edi in Mass Effect. That top image is definitely feminine IMO. And a tease to boot.
post #13 of 24 Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 86
That must be Tex.
post #14 of 24 Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 442
They have already stated it isn't Cortsna & and not a female.

Halo franchise Senior PR Manager Rob Semsey denied on Twitter the possibility that the Spartan could be Cortana.

Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor also added on NeoGAF that “it’s not Palmer and it is not a girl.”

The 5.0 is here
post #15 of 24 Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Well whoever that is needs to lay off the estrogen pills.
barrelbelly likes this.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #16 of 24 Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Did I say something false are are you just going to sling mud because you have nothing of substance to say? They released the info early to change the conversation. It is Marketing 101.
freemeat likes this.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #17 of 24 Old 05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I remember the only reason I originally purchased the first XBOX was because I wanted Halo 1. The only reason I first purchased the 360 was Halo 2. If this game lives up to the bit of hype already, it will give me a reason to get an XBOX 1.
post #18 of 24 Old 05-19-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Unfortunately the game is still a very long ways off. By the time Halo 5 is released I would expect them to have a new XBOne with a Die Shrink that uses less power. Since it will be around two years since the launch. Or at least a major price drop.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #19 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:

Really??? Like when you played as both the Master Chief and the Arbiter in Halo 3??? Sigh...if this is true I'm lowering my expectations for this campaign quite a bit. Unfortunate as good as Halo 4 was...hopefully the multiplayer will redefine the online FPS experience like Halo 2 did when it first hit Xbox Live.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #20 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Really??? Like when you played as both the Master Chief and the Arbiter in Halo 3??? Sigh...if this is true I'm lowering my expectations for this campaign quite a bit. Unfortunate as good as Halo 4 was...hopefully the multiplayer will redefine the online FPS experience like Halo 2 did when it first hit Xbox Live.
Looks like I was wrong, this is his direct quote from twitter: "For everyone speculating about the mysterious Spartan in Halo 5: Guardians, he’s not Palmer (or Cortana!). He’s a NEW character. smile.gif”. So it may not be an actual playable character, but someone new to the storyline.

post #21 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Looks like I was wrong, this is his direct quote from twitter: "For everyone speculating about the mysterious Spartan in Halo 5: Guardians, he’s not Palmer (or Cortana!). He’s a NEW character. smile.gif”. So it may not be an actual playable character, but someone new to the storyline.

For the record. I am really looking forward to release of this game. And if it's not playable on my Windows 8 PC. It will be a XB1 console seller for me. But It's interesting they clarified the new character is a "he". Because that image sure says "she". From the armorized thong depicted in the art, to the armorized bra...that image says "he" must have spent a lot of time in a "Brute" POW prison. MS may want to tidy the art up a bit on Halo 5 before this potential gender ambiguity issue goes much farther. They don't need an artistic distraction like this with a franchise as important as Halo.
post #22 of 24 Old 05-20-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Armorized thong and armorized Bra? biggrin.gif Was I looking at the same picture?
barrelbelly likes this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #23 of 24 Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Armorized thong and armorized Bra? biggrin.gif Was I looking at the same picture?

YUP! smile.gif And it looks like good old Master Chief or the new guy may be in our real Army & Marines real soon according to this article. Sporting the rage guy thong and man boob guard. biggrin.gif

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/special-operations-forces-may-get-iron-man-suit
post #24 of 24 Old 05-21-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbelly View Post

For the record. I am really looking forward to release of this game. And if it's not playable on my Windows 8 PC. It will be a XB1 console seller for me. But It's interesting they clarified the new character is a "he". Because that image sure says "she". From the armorized thong depicted in the art, to the armorized bra...that image says "he" must have spent a lot of time in a "Brute" POW prison. MS may want to tidy the art up a bit on Halo 5 before this potential gender ambiguity issue goes much farther. They don't need an artistic distraction like this with a franchise as important as Halo.
That could be the case. It could also be a woman and they are trying hard to not let that cat out of the bag so they can announce it at E3 or something.
barrelbelly likes this.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page