Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1 of 66 Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4
Quote:
Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that will run at the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. It's used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's 10th birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound -- everyone wins!

We reached out for official word from Microsoft and are waiting to hear back, but we're not expecting much beyond the usual, "We don't comment on rumors or speculation."
agnathra and mboojigga like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 05-16-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Very tempting... I may buy an Xbox One sooner than expected. Too bad Reach isn't included.

Looks like the ntkernal controlled leaks have almost all come true now, Forza Horizon for 2014 should be confirmed soon...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3 of 66 Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Awesome! I have not played 1 or 2 in a decade and I skipped 4.

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #4 of 66 Old 05-16-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
how would the MP work?
post #5 of 66 Old 05-17-2014, 02:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Multiplayer surely would be in its own section, presumably with just a selection of maps and such highlighting the previous games. And if gamers are lucky, all the maps would be modeled and various options to best replicate the original modes. But surely it would be integrated together [Edit: Kind of ended up being half and half, everything will be there, but apparently will still be integrated rather than backing out and entering a different game just to play on a different map].
post #6 of 66 Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
would LOVE to see this on one disk, with multiplayer included (most popular maps from halo 2 and 3 would be fine) as long as I can play through the story and play some ivory tower I am set!
post #7 of 66 Old 05-17-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 715
So is this not just one title? I figured that this collection would all be on one download and one cost for all four.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #8 of 66 Old 05-17-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So is this not just one title? I figured that this collection would all be on one download and one cost for all four.

I'm gonna be honest the only way I'm in is if it's all in one. I'm not a halo fan but I would do the all in one remake.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #9 of 66 Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd be very surprised if this was released. It would strongly push me in the direction of getting an XBOX ONE. But there would be too many requirements on my end to make this a sure bet. I have a ton of experience invested in the original versions that I owned. I wouldn't really feel like having to start all over. Would all of these really fit onto one disc? Would there be multiplayer for at least 2,3, and 4? I think that this sounds too good to be true.
post #10 of 66 Old 05-18-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

I'd be very surprised if this was released. It would strongly push me in the direction of getting an XBOX ONE. But there would be too many requirements on my end to make this a sure bet. I have a ton of experience invested in the original versions that I owned. I wouldn't really feel like having to start all over. Would all of these really fit onto one disc? Would there be multiplayer for at least 2,3, and 4? I think that this sounds too good to be true.

yeah for me if there was a separate MP for each halo, that would be pretty amazing..
post #11 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Confirmed today:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/events-halo-the-master-chief-collection-e3
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

“Halo 5: Guardians” may not be hitting until the fall of 2015, but faithful followers of Microsoft’s flagship first-person shooter can curb their Covenant-crushing appetite this November with “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.” Landing just in time to celebrate “Halo 2’s” 10-year anniversary on November 11 of this year, this fan-pleasing package contains “Halo: Combat Evolved,” “Halo 2,” “Halo 3,” and “Halo 4” on a single disc for $59.99.

More than a mere bundle of previously released games, however, “The Master Chief Collection” is a beast of an offering brimming with more bonuses, enhancements, and extras than you can shake an Energy Sword at. For starters, each title is optimized to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s power and will run at 60 frames-per-second. So, even the series’ most recent releases – “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” and “Halo 4” – will benefit from the jump to Xbox One, sporting much higher fidelity, better shadowing, reflection, and lighting effects, as well as an overall level of detail that trumps the previous console generation.

While “Halo: Combat Evolved,” “Halo 3,” and “Halo 4” will melt your eyeballs, “Halo 2” raises the bar even further... then chucks it, javelin-style, through the heart of your high expectations. Because the Master Chief’s second outing is celebrating a big anniversary, his handlers are giving it an extra coat of awesome. All of the cinematics have received a retina-searing makeover courtesy of Blur Studios; the crazy-talented team is also applying the movie-making magic to a brand-new prologue and epilogue that sheds some light on the Chief’s forthcoming journey in “Halo 5: Guardians.”

Those who replay “Halo 2” will also be treated to new narrative elements via story-expanding Terminals, much like those found in “Combat Evolved Anniversary.” Also like its predecessor, “Halo 2” will see the addition of game-customizing Skulls, as well as the cool ability to swap between its original visual presentation and the optimized version at the touch of a button. Finally, “Halo 2’s” massive multiplayer following can celebrate the big 10 by diving into six map remakes, built from scratch for the Xbox One.

Speaking of fragging friends online, “The Master Chief Collection” features all the multiplayer content from each of the four games, including all previously released download-only maps. While sorting through this enormous amount of solo and multiplayer content might sound like a daunting task on par with fixing a Warthog flat, 343 Industries has got your back. Thanks to what they’re calling the “Master Menu,” players won’t have to hop from menu to menu when navigating this epic offering. All campaign chapters are unlocked from the get-go, so fans can use this intuitive interface to play any mission, any time, at any skill level. Multiplayer will also benefit from the Master Menu, as a variety of user-friendly, streamlined features – such as maps being broken into gameplay types – are being implemented.

The final game will also leverage this seamless UI to offer curated playlists, such as ones that, say, allow you to play through each of the four games’ final missions consecutively, or let you experience every Warthog mission in one sitting. While the prospect of piloting the Chief’s slick ride for several hours straight is exciting, it’s but just one of the reasons this collection will have you up way past the wee hours.

On top of all the tweaks and enhancements to four of our all-time favorite games, “The Master Chief Collection” also features the debut of “Halo: Nightfall,” an all-new digital series executive produced by legendary director Ridley Scott and directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (“Battlestar Galactica,” “Heroes”). While details on the project are protected as fiercely as UNSC secrets, we can reveal that the series – airing weekly – will tell the origin story of an all new character that is pivotal to “Halo 5: Guardians.”

While “Nightfall” will offer a tease of what’s to come in “Halo 5: Guardians,” “The Master Chief Collection” will give fans an actual taste of what it’s like to play it with access to the “Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.” Welcoming fans this December, the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta offers a taste of the new multiplayer gameplay and features coming next year with the game’s full release.

Whether you’re a new Xbox One owner wondering what the fuss is about, or a seasoned Spartan looking to revisit gaming’s signature sci-fi epic, “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” is a must-have that will keep you locked, loaded, and littering the landscape with Covenant corpses until “Halo 5: Guardians” lands next year.
agnathra and tampabuc like this.

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #12 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
A hundred multiplayer maps plus four single player campaigns for the price of a regular game is an incredible bargain.
tampabuc likes this.
post #13 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
This will definitely push me to buy an Xbox One. Now if only Bethesda would follow their lead and remaster and release all the Elder Scrolls games with their DLC for Xbox One with 1080P @ 60FPS....imagine that!
post #14 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

A hundred multiplayer maps plus four single player campaigns for the price of a regular game is an incredible bargain.

No Doubt, this is a system seller IMO. Honestly i don't know if i can think of a game that has ever been released that has been a better value. The MP maps is what is exciting for me....
post #15 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

No Doubt, this is a system seller IMO. Honestly i don't know if i can think of a game that has ever been released that has been a better value. The MP maps is what is exciting for me....

Orange Box says hi. Value is subjective, all of these games have been played to death by most everyone that has been a Halo fan. I'd rather play one new game than four old ones.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #16 of 66 Old 06-10-2014, 02:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Orange Box says hi. Value is subjective, all of these games have been played to death by most everyone that has been a Halo fan. I'd rather play one new game than four old ones.

I agree. I think $60 is the absolute max they can charge for something like this.

EDIT: That being said. I will be purchasing the Digital Download of this the first day it's available.

post #17 of 66 Old 06-10-2014, 03:06 AM
AVS Special Member

IGN has a good write up of what you will get in the collection. They did confirmed Forge on the demo talk with IGN after the show so that part of the article probably needs to be adjusted.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/e3-2014-halo-the-master-chief-collection-halo-5-beta-announced-for-xbox-one

Here is the 20 minute interview where IGN talks to a 343 about the collection.
post #18 of 66 Old 06-11-2014, 12:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 548
It's an instant buy for me cool.gif.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
" -- hookbill
post #19 of 66 Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
www.amazon.com/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-Xbox-One/dp/B00KSQHX1K/

pre order appeared, and yes i ordered right away! now if only reach was included too.
post #20 of 66 Old 06-11-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

In this situation for me, the digital download will be cheaper. Since they don't seem to charge me tax on my digital purchases from XBox. But Amazon does charge me taxes since last fall.

post #21 of 66 Old 06-11-2014, 11:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I wouldn't buy it on disc in any case, even if the DD was more. What needs to happen is DD pre-order with pre-order bonuses, like Sony has been doing for quite a while.

"
" -- hookbill
post #22 of 66 Old 06-12-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is more information about Halo: Nightfall. They are still working how the story will be told, but there could be five ninety minute "episodes. The length has not been decided yet.

More information about what story will be told can be found here. They will show the origin of Agent Locke, and how he gets to where he is by the time Halo 5 starts.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/12/580...ocke-nightfall
agnathra likes this.
post #23 of 66 Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Here is more information about Halo: Nightfall. They are still working how the story will be told, but there could be five ninety minute "episodes. The length has not been decided yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVaOG7BMrZ4

More information about what story will be told can be found here. They will show the origin of Agent Locke, and how he gets to where he is by the time Halo 5 starts.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/12/580...ocke-nightfall
That seems odd that they would have five, ninety minute episodes. You would think ten, 45 minute episodes would make more sense.

Last edited by aaronwt; 06-12-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling....doH!!
post #24 of 66 Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahOlin View Post
www.amazon.com/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-Xbox-One/dp/B00KSQHX1K/

pre order appeared, and yes i ordered right away! now if only reach was included too.
Meh, they can keep Reach and ODST.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #25 of 66 Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
Meh, they can keep Reach and ODST.
Only the games in which you play as MC are included. It's the "MC Collection". I wasn't a big fan of Reach, either, since it broke the canon of the books.

"
" -- hookbill
post #26 of 66 Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 231
This is the "Big One" for me. It has me very excited to buy an Xbox One this Holiday season. The opportunity to play a contiguous Halo 1-4 play through. With all new graphic enhancements and new features/content is irresistible. Especially the Halo2A. As I said in the old thread...I was told a while back, by a former Xbox leader & friend, that Halo 2 and 3 were originally planned to be a single game anyway. And that the remake would blend them together properly...with new bridging footage. Looks like that is what will happen with "The Master Chief Collection". I can't wait to fire this up on a new Xbox One later this year. Halo ODST, Reach, Wars and Spartan Assault probably not very far behind as a Xbox One mission Bundle. Probably with a few new ones thrown into the mix. But I can't help feeling that Halo 5 Guardian is probably the last campaign that we'll have our beloved Master Chief. Something about the name of the collection has sort of a prophetic message to it...IMO. 343 may be on the precipice of moving this franchise along a new path...ala Mass Effect. Speaking of which...I sure hope Bioware does a similar convergence collection for Xbox One and PC for ME 1-3 before the launch of their new series too. I would roll in happiness over that one.
Attached Images

Last edited by barrelbelly; 06-13-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Image
post #27 of 66 Old 07-06-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Similar to the terminal videos found in Halo 4 the Master Chief collection will have terminal videos here is a trailer for those videos.

post #28 of 66 Old 07-06-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

From the Rooster Teeth Convention a walk through of the map remake for the new collection

aaronwt and agnathra like this.
post #29 of 66 Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This will definitely push me to buy an Xbox One. Now if only Bethesda would follow their lead and remaster and release all the Elder Scrolls games with their DLC for Xbox One with 1080P @ 60FPS....imagine that![IMG]http://*******/rfX8Ga[/IMG]
post #30 of 66 Old 07-06-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kationndoo View Post
Now if only Bethesda would follow their lead and remaster and release all the Elder Scrolls games with their DLC for Xbox One with 1080P @ 60FPS....imagine that![IMG]http://*******/rfX8Ga[/IMG]
Yeah, but people would still complain about the weapon racks not working at their house in Solitude. "Guess I'll shelve the game until it's patched."
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page