AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Xbox Area (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/)
-   -   The Official E3 Microsoft Press Conference + news thread (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/1534879-official-e3-microsoft-press-conference-news-thread.html)

NJPapi1977 06-07-2014 08:39 PM

I figured I start this thread to talk about all things E3 in regards to Microsoft XBOX ONE

I saw a video from Michael Pachter saying in his opinion he predicts that MS will mostly talk media and how more shows and apps are coming.

He took heat by fans because that is not what Phil Spencer has said and games should be about 100% what should be talked about.

What are you guys hearing and what do you want to see from MS during the week of E3 specially during their PC on Monday

Myrtledog 06-08-2014 09:17 AM

The MS conference is titled Game On, there's no way it is not 90%+ about games. I won't be surprised if they mention shows/apps but I can't see them focusing alot of time on it. Maybe a quick montage showing all the apps?

smithfarmer 06-08-2014 11:30 AM

Doesn't anyone else here find it a bit strange that in the past couple of weeks they've released quite a bit of info w/regards to games and apps? Why would they do this? Why release all this info immediately before E3? This is news that in any other year would definitely be presented at E3.

Anyone else expecting some big news tomorrow. With all of the moaning and groaning over Kinect, I guess it's way too soon for another peripheral announcement like the Forteleza glasses or Illumiroom. Whatever it is, I sure hope they have something awesome to reveal to us tomorrow.

totalownership 06-08-2014 11:59 AM

I really don't doubt they have some massive reveals set for tomorrow, just wonder how much of that will be for this year.

PENDRAG0ON 06-08-2014 02:27 PM

Alright Microsoft, with the removal of Kinect from the box you have removed my only remaining reason for not buying the hardware. Now it is time to sell me on that hardware. Show me the games that will make me run out and buy your hardware.

mboojigga 06-08-2014 02:39 PM

The Xbox Live Events app is back and available on the Xbox One/360 for both Live conference and On Demand.

Myrtledog 06-08-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer View Post

Doesn't anyone else here find it a bit strange that in the past couple of weeks they've released quite a bit of info w/regards to games and apps? Why would they do this? Why release all this info immediately before E3? This is news that in any other year would definitely be presented at E3.

Anyone else expecting some big news tomorrow. With all of the moaning and groaning over Kinect, I guess it's way too soon for another peripheral announcement like the Forteleza glasses or Illumiroom. Whatever it is, I sure hope they have something awesome to reveal to us tomorrow.

Phil Spencer mentioned awhile back that they were trying to fit everything into the E3 show. They only have 90 minutes so things that were maybe originally planned for E3 had to get cut so they figured why not release that news ahead of time. Might as well drum up the "excitement" sooner than later.

Myrtledog 06-08-2014 06:14 PM

http://majornelson.com/cast/2014/06/08/phil-spencer-on-the-eve-of-e3-2014/?linkId=8454790

Major Nelson podcast with Phil Spencer. Recorded tonight. Phil Spencer mentions they released all the other stuff early to focus the show on games. He also talks about the Kinect reserves being opened up.

NJPapi1977 06-08-2014 06:32 PM

I have always been a MS guy even though I always owned a PS3 or PS4 as well. This time around I got the PS4 and had the xb1 but sold it because the games that I play all were on PS4 and looked better on it.

I hate myself for it but next gen to me needs to produce equal performance at least across the board. I will get an xb1 in the future when heavy exclusives that I want come out but I also hope that with time the devs are able to get the games in 1080p 30fps or 60fps for the most part.

This is regardless of the advantage that Sony has in specs as I expect their games will look better in future as well but xb1 cannot sell me on lower res and fps. Here is hoping MS makes it about games and only games

bd2003 06-09-2014 03:09 AM

I expect to hear a lot about what they're doing on the PC. 

spid 06-09-2014 04:15 AM

Preview for Battlecry

spid 06-09-2014 04:16 AM

Preview for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

spid 06-09-2014 05:21 AM

Phil Spencer tweeted this picture of the E3 stage

aaronwt 06-09-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Alright Microsoft, with the removal of Kinect from the box you have removed my only remaining reason for not buying the hardware. Now it is time to sell me on that hardware. Show me the games that will make me run out and buy your hardware.

Maybe they will announce a price cut? That would be nice. They could price the XBOne with Kinect at $449 and price the XBOne without Kinect at $349.

jhoff80 06-09-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I expect to hear a lot about what they're doing on the PC. 

I expect you'll be disappointed if that's what you expect. biggrin.gif

bd2003 06-09-2014 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I expect you'll be disappointed if that's what you expect. biggrin.gif

Part of it is that they already announced pretty much everything else. They've been saying they're going to talk more about their PC plans soon for the next few months, but there wasnt a peep about it yet despite announcing a ton of games and stuff in the leadup to e3. They just announced the kinect for windows and released the PC drivers in the past week or so. I think they're ready to show us a little something.

I dunno how much time theyre going to dedicate to it, but it'd be really odd if they didn't talk about it at all.

jbsimm2 06-09-2014 06:58 AM

anybody know of a legit streaming site, that won't get picked up by corporate firewall? all the obvious ones are blocked.

NJPapi1977 06-09-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Maybe they will announce a price cut? That would be nice. They could price the XBOne with Kinect at $449 and price the XBOne without Kinect at $349.

Am sure you are being sarcastic with this right?

aaronwt 06-09-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Am sure you are being sarcastic with this right?

well not really. I think those prices make more sense than the $399 and $499 price. But I do figure it is unlikely that they would announce something like that when today is the first day that the Kinect-less SKU is available. I personally think the Kinect-less SKU at $399 is a terrible deal.

tsaville 06-09-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

well not really. I think those prices make more sense than the $399 and $499 price. But I do figure it is unlikely that they would announce something like that when today is the first day that the Kinect-less SKU is available. I personally think the Kinect-less SKU at $399 is a terrible deal.

I think you'll see this price cut in time for the holiday season if the $399 SKU doesn't fly off store shelves. Based on the amazon best seller list, it seems that pre-orders for the X1 have been rather tepid so far. We'll see if it moves up the list in the coming days/weeks, but I have my doubts.

PENDRAG0ON 06-09-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I think you'll see this price cut in time for the holiday season if the $399 SKU doesn't fly off store shelves. Based on the amazon best seller list, it seems that pre-orders for the X1 have been rather tepid so far. We'll see if it moves up the list in the coming days/weeks, but I have my doubts.

Microsoft's mistakes from last year are still haunting them, and the sales data for April reflects that. This is pretty much their last chance to turn it around and prevent them from joining the Wii U on the sales charts. I expect a lot from Microsoft this E3, they have everything to gain or lose from their show, they need to put everything on the line today. Hold nothing back, and make every gamer say, I need an Xbox One. That is what they have to do today.

jhoff80 06-09-2014 09:23 AM

There must be a ton of news, as they're even making small announcements in the pre-show.

Apparently Threes is coming to the Xbox, and TJ Combo is coming to Killer Instinct.

Myrtledog 06-09-2014 09:23 AM

New Achievement feature coming later this year. You can snap the Achievements App and it will show the list in the snap window. By default it will put the ones you are closest to getting at the top. But you can also pin the ones you are most interested in to the top. The achievements will update in real time. Plus you can click on the achievement in the snap window and then click on help for that achievement.

bd2003 06-09-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

There must be a ton of news, as they're even making small announcements in the pre-show.

Apparently Threes is coming to the Xbox, and TJ Combo is coming to Killer Instinct.

Is the official stream any good on the Xbox one? It's way out of sync on the 360. (The GT app is good though).

jhoff80 06-09-2014 09:25 AM

No idea, I'm at work and just following along with liveblogs. biggrin.gif

Myrtledog 06-09-2014 09:28 AM

Happy Wars coming to Xbox One. Cross Platform play across 360 and Xbox One.

PENDRAG0ON 06-09-2014 09:31 AM

Read that as Halo Wars... that would have sold me...

Twitch is being stupid so I may not get to watch this one...

FrankJ.Cone 06-09-2014 09:34 AM

Snap mode for achievements is kinda neat. Helpful when you are looking to finish some up and do not want to leave the game.

TweakerInWA 06-09-2014 09:36 AM

They need to hurry up and make the X1 backwards compatible, or have some solution to playing the "big" 360 games. I've owned it since launch and have only played Titan fall a handful of times. Would love to play Gears of War eventually without having to turn on the 360... Ridiculous.. This is what's killing the X1 sales IMO....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

kaotikr1 06-09-2014 09:41 AM

Ok, the graphics for COD are impressing me.