Who is excited about GTA5? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 06-15-2014, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Who is excited about GTA5?

I had GTA4 for my PS3 and loved it. I have read this new game is supposed to be a lot more dynamic. I don't know about the whole playing 3 characters during the game. I do like how the game is set in southern California. With the power of the ps4 or xbox one, this game should look epic in visual Nirvana on my 65 inch plasma and home theater. The question is, download or disk when it comes out this October? What is your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-15-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
They're the same thing, so pick the distribution model you prefer. I'll be going with the retail version.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-15-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I feel it's an incredibly overrated game as the story is mediocre, the characters are mainly annoying, the 3 character thing is a huge gimmick and the dialogue is lousy. As for simply free roaming, the game is very nice and it is a technological masterpiece. Compared to GTA 4, it is only better in the technical area and the city size. Story wise GTA 4 easily trumps 5 for me. I do find GTA online to be very fun and helps make up for the mediocre story mode. I've got over 200 hours into GTA Online.

I'll be very curious to see how this is on the PC compared to the xbox 360 version and I'll probably end up buying the PC version whenever it gets to be 25 bucks or less. I can't justify buying the game at full price again.

ROB
post #4 of 16 Old 06-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post
I feel it's an incredibly overrated game as the story is mediocre, the characters are mainly annoying, the 3 character thing is a huge gimmick and the dialogue is lousy. As for simply free roaming, the game is very nice and it is a technological masterpiece. Compared to GTA 4, it is only better in the technical area and the city size. Story wise GTA 4 easily trumps 5 for me. I do find GTA online to be very fun and helps make up for the mediocre story mode. I've got over 200 hours into GTA Online.

I'll be very curious to see how this is on the PC compared to the xbox 360 version and I'll probably end up buying the PC version whenever it gets to be 25 bucks or less. I can't justify buying the game at full price again.
Have to completely disagree on the story comparison. I found GTA 4 to be ungodly boring when playing the story, and couldn't be bothered to even finish it. I had a much better time with 5 and beat it within a week or so of release. I'll be picking it up again on the PC release for sure though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- All gamertags listed there -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
post #5 of 16 Old 06-16-2014, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 38
I really enjoyed the story on GTA4. What I liked is that game really made me think. It also made me go into a dark place by forcing me to think like a criminal. I know, it sounds funny to some of you urbanites, but once I got into the zone, the game became much more interesting.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-17-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I played a few hours of it and was completely disappointed with it. What a majorly overhyped generic piece of junk. Controls were a mess, acting was horrible, story was so over the top with GTA type nonsense that has been done over and over and over and over again. The GTA Series was dead to me long ago. Their pathetic attempts to gain popularity by pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with is childish and just sad. It is the same game over and over. But hey, what do I know right? They made a few dollars off of it. I just like it better when a good game is actually a good game.

With all that said, I am happy to see it go to the PC and latest consoles because it looked so bad on the Ps3 and 360...so bad. At least now people who do like this series will get some eye candy to boot.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-17-2014, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
GTA V is a good game, the hype is there for a reason. Most folks like it. It's got a blockbuster action movie feel and it delivers to that. I love blockbuster action movies and I really I like this game. I also love Adam saddler and Chris Farley so...lmao
post #8 of 16 Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
GTA V is a good game, the hype is there for a reason. Most folks like it. It's got a blockbuster action movie feel and it delivers to that. I love blockbuster action movies and I really I like this game. I also love Adam saddler and Chris Farley so...lmao

I'll be playing the new one when I can get it for 40 bux
post #9 of 16 Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
I'm actually pretty interested in seeing the differences in person. I'll probably get it for PC though. Still nice to see the new consoles are getting something more than a simple up-rez.

post #10 of 16 Old 06-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Well I loved the game. I thought it looked great and played better then the previous ones. I had much less frustrating moments with this one. I would preferred to only play one person throughout the game, but 3 was something kinda different to throw in there. I laughed many times at the game and had a good time. Since there are still lots of things to do in the game that I never got around to, I will get this for XBox One to finish things up and enjoy the main story again.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-18-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 713
I'm interested in GTAV, but I'm not excited about it. I did have it for several weeks on the 360 before I traded it in. It was nice. And I won't mind playing it again. But I'm not excited for it. I am excited about Forza Horizon 2 though.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #12 of 16 Old 06-19-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Never got around to completing the game. Guess I have an excuse now.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-09-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 496
You guys think there is some sort of discount or something for the Xbox One version if I have the 360 version?

I was all set on waiting to get the One version (skipped the 360 version). But now one of my friends who dropped off the face of the earth due to health problems (cancer) is back and she wants to play GTA 5 but she's 360 only. So now I'm kind of stuck and will probably pick up the 360 version. Hoping the 360 version is dirt cheap because I'm not looking forward to buying a 360 version and a One version.
post #14 of 16 Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I almost doubt it. Would be nice though.
post #15 of 16 Old 09-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

GTAV is my second favorite game of all time. I played through it on the 360 when it released last fall. I wanted to see an Xbox One release with single player downloadable content on the disc + enhanced graphics and such (sort of like the PS4 version of "The Last of Us"). This will not be the case and I therefore likely won't be buying the game. I played through it too recently and the game looked and played fantastic on the 360. For those who haven't played it I believe it's a no brainer.
post #16 of 16 Old 09-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

I loved it on 360. I finished the main story line right before they announced it for next gen and stopped playing it because I knew I would get it again. Looking at the trailer today, it looks pretty cool and it sounds like they have put some time into updating it, so that's a plus, but I would have bought it anyway. I like GTA5 enough that I want to play it again and since I'm skipping COD this year, I will have lots of time to play it again.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page