1Likes
  • 1 Post By freemeat

post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2014, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Buy an extra Xbox 1 controller, or an extra console ?

So, my son wants to get 2nd Xbox One controller. Now, I'm known to be allergic to paying full price for things like this. I think technically the list price on a new controller is $59.99 right, which translates to $65 ish after tax.

Of course, that's if I buy a brand new controller. If I try to find one used on Ebay or Craigslist, I can probably get one for around 40 or so.

But I was thinking.... I see some Xbox One packages on my local Craigslist selling as low as $350 or $325. In fact, I might be able to score another Xbox One system for 300 bucks straight up. Obviously, one controller would be included, and since I was going to pay at least $40 for a used XB1 controller, that's like getting the Xbox One with Kinect for only $260, which isn't bad at all. My son is going to need another XB1 headset anyways. You figure that's worth another 10 bucks (give or take), so that kinda takes you down to about $250.

Pretty tempting to just add a 2nd Xbox One system to my stable. That way, no more lugging around the one system that I have from room to room, and also lugging around the power brick. ( I know, first world problems )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 567
If money is no concern and you are always lugging it around then go on your craigslist scavenger hunt.
Soycrema likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I would and did pay the extra for a 2nd console just for the convenience of not having to lug it around. Then again I like to have a tidy A/V rack so zipping up wires each time I wanted to move it got old.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-24-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 752
An Xbox One wireless controller is under $50 on Amazon. So BestBuy will also match that price since it is actually sold by Amazon.

But if you can get a second XBOne for only $300 off craglist. With Kinect and a controller that would be a sweet deal.

The main reason I got a second XBOne last year was so I could play in two locations without having to move it around. At the time the low $400's I paid for the system was good. But of course $300 would be hard to pass up.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page