Xbox not allowing amp to convert 2.0 signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-18-2014, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Xbox not allowing amp to convert 2.0 signal

Anyone know if there will be a fix to the xbox not allowing your amp to convert 2 channel audio to 5.1 like DD pro logic. In TV app when a station sends out 5.1 signal it works fine. The only way to get around this is to go to settings on xbox and change audio to stereo uncompressed. But changing audio settings every time you change the channel is not realistic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I haven't heard of a fix coming. This is a significant problem, I own many non 5.1/7.1 blu-ray's that my AVR convincingly converts into 7.1 with DPLIIx. However, my guess is this isn't an easy fix for MS, otherwise I can't imagine that more people care about 3D than this issue (3D is coming next month).

MS is doing a good job adding a variety of channels to the X1 but if they can't playback the audio properly they aren't much use. Hopefully this gets fixed.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post
I haven't heard of a fix coming. This is a significant problem, I own many non 5.1/7.1 blu-ray's that my AVR convincingly converts into 7.1 with DPLIIx. However, my guess is this isn't an easy fix for MS, otherwise I can't imagine that more people care about 3D than this issue (3D is coming next month).

MS is doing a good job adding a variety of channels to the X1 but if they can't playback the audio properly they aren't much use. Hopefully this gets fixed.
Yea you would think MS at least would address this on there support page. For those of us that spent a lot of money on Home Theatre gear Xbox not allowing the AVR to convert the audio correctly is a huge problem.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-23-2014, 09:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 714
AT least the XBOne has an option to manually select 2.0 output. This is not the case with the PS4. But the PS4 has updated their Netflix app to dynamically change the output channels to match the source channels. Unfortunately it isn't the case with the other apps. But that is still one app more than the XBOne that sends out the audio properly and dynamically changes the output channels to match the source channels.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #5 of 5 Old 07-24-2014, 01:15 PM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
While you can change output manually on the X1, that isn't a solution I'm at all interested in using. Until it gets fixed I just use other devices for media purposes.

As for the PS4, similarly, until they add support for harmony universal remotes, I can't see using it as a media player. Also, as an FYI, in addition to Netflix the PS4 also gets blu-ray right in terms of outputting the correct number of channels whereas the X1 does not.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page