Gaming on Samsung UN65H9000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 07-24-2014, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Gaming on Samsung UN65H9000

I haven't been able to find anything on how the new gen consoles look on this 4k curved TV. Anyone have one? Im dying to know! Mine is ordered but on hold onto our house is done being remodeled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-28-2014, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been trying to find the same info for the UH8550. No one that has this TV seems to have played the new consoles on it.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #3 of 16 Old 07-28-2014, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmstyle View Post
I've been trying to find the same info for the UH8550. No one that has this TV seems to have played the new consoles on it.
I hear you!! I can't find anything😔
post #4 of 16 Old 07-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalinn View Post
I hear you!! I can't find anything😔
Its a shame as I figured these 4K's would be nice to have. I wonder if they are too far out of the disposable price range for someone with an Xbox One. I hate having to be the guinea pig to test it out.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #5 of 16 Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I never have liked the curved tv. The curve bugs me. It is like having bug guts on your car window and you can't get rid of it.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post
I never have liked the curved tv. The curve bugs me. It is like having bug guts on your car window and you can't get rid of it.
Actually the one I am looking it is the Flat screen version

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

post #7 of 16 Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Honestly, if all you are going to do is play xbox games then go buy one of those 4k pc monitors. The color on monitors are 32bit compared to 8bit on a normal TV. If you go the monitor rout, then you could change the color in the xbox to full range and get an epic razor sharp image.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post
Honestly, if all you are going to do is play xbox games then go buy one of those 4k pc monitors. The color on monitors are 32bit compared to 8bit on a normal TV. If you go the monitor rout, then you could change the color in the xbox to full range and get an epic razor sharp image.
Actually I have built a theatre system for 10foot by 11 foot room. I have a 144hz 1080p monitor for my PC that's in that room. I prefer the high refresh rate for My PC games. I'll be watch Blu ray movies and playing next gen consoles on whichever TV I get. I can get the un65hu9000 for $2800 at my local bestbuy right now. I've seen Blu rays on it and it looks great. But I prefer large screens for my consoles and would love to find some feedback on this model.
post #9 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 AM

Any tv should look good with any consol. The reason I own a 65 inch plasma is because LCD has motion blur. Many LCD tv's suffer from motuon blur with fast action movies. My best advice to you would try the tv and xbox out before you buy. Ask the sales guy if you can hook up your xbox to the tv and play a game. Most of the guys are accommodating, you just have to ask. I will say this. Many of the Samsung TV's are very nice and have a nice picture.
post #10 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Someone posted somewhere in the "Xbox Area" that he had convinced his boss to buy a 4K TV for the office and they couldn't play the Xbox on it b/c the lag was so bad. He felt horrible. For whatever that is worth.
post #11 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'm sure some of the lower end TVs will have issues. Or those that have that smooth motion options enabled.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 1464
A quick google search shows that the lag is pretty bad on this one too.

70ish ms...not unplayable, but not a good experience.

Seeing that it struggles to reach 1080p most of the time anyway, buying a 4K TV for the Xbox is pointless.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #13 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
A quick google search shows that the lag is pretty bad on this one too.

70ish ms...not unplayable, but not a good experience.

Seeing that it struggles to reach 1080p most of the time anyway, buying a 4K TV for the Xbox is pointless.
Yeah probably but for me it will be part of the overall considerations to be made. I have been using an Epson projector for the last 3-4 years and have happily gamed on it but with some remodel plans coming up the light control in the room is going to be an issue. I also have grown tired of trying to use the Kinect for games in the semi dark room. So looking at the current flagship TV's from Samsung they seem to be of the 4K Variety. As I want at least a 65" preferably a 75" TV, 4K is a viable option as a feature. Also correct me if I am wrong but the the flagship TV's tend to get the better upscalers and processors. I see that it is still too early in the 4K era to really jump on board but if one of these current 4K's was acceptable it would be worth buying in order to get something now. Then maybe upgrade in 5 years or so when things flesh out a bit.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

post #14 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalinn View Post
I haven't been able to find anything on how the new gen consoles look on this 4k curved TV. Anyone have one? Im dying to know! Mine is ordered but on hold onto our house is done being remodeled
Check out http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

They don't have the 65h9000 there but do have the 65800. I don't know what the difference between the two models are, but it might help you.

The rating is "great" on that model.
post #15 of 16 Old 07-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
Check out http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

They don't have the 65h9000 there but do have the 65800. I don't know what the difference between the two models are, but it might help you.

The rating is "great" on that model.
Are those being tested via a PC input? How would that change when you connect from a receiver to one of the regular HDMI 2.0 inputs?

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

post #16 of 16 Old 07-30-2014, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

I sat infront of the Sony xbr65850b and samsung curved, and had them connect a ps4 to both (at bestbuy).

The Sony XBR65x850B blew the doors off the un65hu9000(in terms of picture). I do like the curve of the Samsung, but the picture was just so much better on the Sony. Also, the Sony 4k upscale was running at 60hz with no input lag.
Reply Xbox Area
Gear in this thread