AVS Forum banner

Kinect - VERY glad I have one

467 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  onlysublime 
#1 ·
I just finished a post in the Diablo thread and it dawned on me... I have been on Skype every single night this week. Last weekend my son and nephew went back to their dorms. I went from seeing them daily or almost daily. Now I am snapping Skype and playing Diablo with the Wife while chatting with them.

I know Kinect is mostly a gimmick but honestly having my nephew show me his injured foot the other night and being able to yell at him to go to the hospital while we were playing Diablo was priceless. Sure enough the kid managed to break his foot on his second day of classes!

#2 ·
For me it's all about the voice control. I love it! Use it everyday. Most days I don't use anything besides my voice to quickly navigate between channels and media. The recognition still isn't perfect but much improved from launch. And I expect this trend to continue for the life of the console.

#3 ·
I'm buying the new white Xbox One and needed to get another Kinect. So I bought a used one on Ebay. prices are going up now that there are Kinect-less bundles. If I knew I'd be getting another Xbox One, I would've bought a Kinect a few months ago when they were dirt cheap (under $40) on Ebay. I get why they were so cheap (why would someone buy a Kinect when every Xbox One had a Kinect). Now, they're all $60+ and creeping upward.

And knowing that a new Kinect will cost $150, I'm glad I got my used one for $72 (after outrageous shipping). I just wish it was white! Now I have a black and white scenario going.

Just wish there were more Kinect games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.