• 1 Post By JuiceRocket

post #1 of 20 Old 09-03-2014, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Warframe!

I downloaded and played Warframe last night, didn't get all that far into it, but so far I'm really enjoying it for a free game. It's clear there is a heavy pay element for unlockable everything (even so far as unlocking color editors), but the game itself I enjoy. It feels part ME3 part Dark Sector (which I really enjoyed).

The character design is super bizarre, but I find it refreshing. The character skills are interesting, and so far the gameplay is enjoyable. I haven't teamed up with other games online, I'll give that a shot tonight after I go through the formal training tutorial.

If there is anyone else out there gaming, let's connect! gamertag is SKULLFACE

-JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-03-2014, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 582
I used to watch my brother play this on the PC. the port looks pretty good.
post #3 of 20 Old 09-04-2014, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
This is a game I downloaded for PS4 but never played. Since its free on both systems this may be a good one to really test both systems and controllers against each other. Too bad NHL and Destiny are coming out next week. I guess my testing will have to wait.
post #4 of 20 Old 09-04-2014, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I played it last night it was pretty good kind like destiny. For a free game its pretty nice! I will try to play more while awaiting for Destiny!
post #5 of 20 Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I played a few hours this week. Pretty amazing coop game. Jumping and wall running is a little wonk but its a very fluid, fast game. Also the third person view is awesome. You can even change the fov, almost unheard of in a console game.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #6 of 20 Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm also really like the game, the only part I'm not digging is the squad missions. As much as I love the coop, I'm a slow player and like to explore. It seems that everyone else just wants to run through the mission as quickly as possible - so they basically sprint the entire time, ignoring enemies when they can - and just wrapping it up as quickly as possible. They barely open any containers, rarely fight anyone unless it's part of the mission.

FCONE, Pimp, if you guys are ever around and want to play, let me know. I think I'm only level 4 right now. I'm usually one 10:30PM PST and later.

-JR
kevin g. likes this.
post #7 of 20 Old 09-05-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Anybody else getting an error, and are unable to play?? I cannot even start the game...states "Something went wrong" and to log in to Live with error code 0x800706f4. There is no such code in Xbox support. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled twice. Is there a way to clear the cache, as the old 360 days?

Edit: Found a thread on Xbox Forums. Hard reset, start game before signing in, sign in (ingame)...all is well. My son is playing now.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Last edited by kevin g.; 09-05-2014 at 06:48 PM.
post #8 of 20 Old 10-07-2014, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm starting to have fun with this game, especially for the co-op aspects. just have the basics down. still no idea how to do mods. if anyone knows a good beginner's guide or can assist, i'd appreciate it!
post #9 of 20 Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
I'm starting to have fun with this game, especially for the co-op aspects. just have the basics down. still no idea how to do mods. if anyone knows a good beginner's guide or can assist, i'd appreciate it!
A guide would be great...there are so many tweaks/upgrades, and they don't even show you how to use them...I gave up.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #10 of 20 Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I love this game but I am stuck... I cannot open anything on Venus... and you need to beat the boss on Venus to open new planets. ARGH! Played a lot of other Planets by joining Clan members games but I wish I could unlock them...

You can play this with zero $$$ spent. I am rank 3 and have replaced all my starter weapons and gotten the plans for two more Warframes and a half dozen weapons.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #11 of 20 Old 10-10-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

So I managed to unlock Jupiter and Mars once I checked the Boss area of Venus after Rank 3. Once I was on Jupiter I was able to go to the Boss there and unlock Saturn! Gathering resources from Jupiter and Saturn allowed me to build a new rifle and melee weapon which was pretty awesome as well as start the "space dog" companion.

Frank J. Cone

post #12 of 20 Old 10-17-2014, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post
So I managed to unlock Jupiter and Mars once I checked the Boss area of Venus after Rank 3. Once I was on Jupiter I was able to go to the Boss there and unlock Saturn! Gathering resources from Jupiter and Saturn allowed me to build a new rifle and melee weapon which was pretty awesome as well as start the "space dog" companion.
I haven't played this in a while, I got discouraged since the missions felt so rushed (by other players). I'll give it a shot again this weekend!

-JR
post #13 of 20 Old 10-17-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I leveled up my character and had my skana up to level 16 and then built a new melee weapon and have to level that weapon all the way up too...

you definitely need to play with people on some of these levels, even if they're low-level missions. one was a defend mission and it's way too hard to protect it with only 1 person. I actually got pretty far but was running low on ammo.
post #14 of 20 Old 11-08-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Anyone playing this? Dumped Destiny a few weeks ago, decided to give this a try. Not far into it, but wow! Already a lot more interesting than Destiny ever was.
post #15 of 20 Old 11-08-2014, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I like Warframe a lot! FCONE taught me a lot. really helpful. still figuring out how things work. finally unlocked a bunch more planets.

but yeah, it's hard to go maverick in this game. you need people to advance farther into the game.
post #16 of 20 Old 11-09-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
I like Warframe a lot! FCONE taught me a lot. really helpful. still figuring out how things work. finally unlocked a bunch more planets.

but yeah, it's hard to go maverick in this game. you need people to advance farther into the game.
You can shoot me a friend request if you like, I should be on some this week - but next week I'll be hammering away at GTA and FC4.

<----- also my gamertag
post #17 of 20 Old 11-10-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I am on a Cruise this week (In Cozumel at lunch right now) but I would be happy to assist anyone looking to get started in Warfare. Unfortunately the beginning of the game is a BEAR! A little guidance and assistance unlocking a planet or three though and you are on your way to enjoying one of the best co-op shooters ever made.

Single most important thing to know with a new account: You get 50plat (The real $$ currency) when you start. DO NOT SPEND THIS WHEN YOU START! Save it until you unlock the Braton rifle for (about) 25K in credits (The currency you earn playing). You will want your first Plat purchase to be an upgrade to this gun. (You start with MK versions of weapons and MK = Terrible)

Frank J. Cone

post #18 of 20 Old 11-15-2014, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

if you spent a lot of time building your career in the PC version, you can now copy that over to the One. It doesn't stay synced though. So progression on the PC and the Xbox One will stay separate. And some of the PC stuff won't transfer over (e.g., the Nvidia promotional stuff).
post #19 of 20 Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member

huge update to warframe!

so far, i'm not liking the update at all. the biggest problem for me (as a huge fan of the melee system) is the directional air melee. i can't seem to control the direction of the melee! it's so unpredictable. it keeps sending me forward when i just want to jump and land with the hammer. i thought not pushing the stick would help land it better but sometimes it'll still thrust forward.
post #20 of 20 Old 11-30-2014, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member

OMG!!!! that last mission to collect the Archwing was FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!

It made me feel like I was a Gundam...
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page