• 1 Post By emartins

post #1 of 20 Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Edition

Just a friendly reminder to take out a loan in preparation of Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Edition.

It hits next Tuesday, 9/23. First time on X1/PS4.

The 1st one was a huge hit at my house and I think we ended up collecting the majority of the figures and all of play-sets over time. I've got everything preordered in advance this time since it was hard to find many of more popular figures.

This time, it's all about pretty much about one thing for me and my family: Guardians of the Galaxy.

Tip: Keep all receipts & boxes since the Starter Packs should drop from $75 to $45 within normal store return period windows. In addition, the individual play-sets can sometimes be had for a steep discount if you buy 2 at the same time (Guardians + Spiderman for example).

Last edited by tampabuc; 09-16-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-17-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I'm in on this. I never played the first one, but I fell for the bargain basement price for Skylanders Swap Force a few months ago (starter kit $20 from MS Store). You ain't kidding about taking out a loan. I justified buying a bunch of figures and the two add-on stories for that game because I got the base game for $20 and spent around $170 when all was said and done! Crazy.

I pre-ordered DI2.0 from Amazon last week when they had the Marvel Deals of the Day. Got the Premium Pack and added Guardians of the Galaxy. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I understand the big draw of DI is the Toy Box mode. Can you play in Toy Box creations from the community, or do you have to build your own worlds to play in?

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #3 of 20 Old 09-17-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
I'm in on this. I never played the first one, but I fell for the bargain basement price for Skylanders Swap Force a few months ago (starter kit $20 from MS Store). You ain't kidding about taking out a loan. I justified buying a bunch of figures and the two add-on stories for that game because I got the base game for $20 and spent around $170 when all was said and done! Crazy.

I pre-ordered DI2.0 from Amazon last week when they had the Marvel Deals of the Day. Got the Premium Pack and added Guardians of the Galaxy. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I understand the big draw of DI is the Toy Box mode. Can you play in Toy Box creations from the community, or do you have to build your own worlds to play in?
Just ordered for the ps4 since the x1 didn't have the collectors edition with Hulk. Wanted to play on the x1 but I'm too impatient and the collectors edition has that little play set thing.

Is there a full play set for guardians of the galaxy? I only see the one with starlord and gamora.
post #4 of 20 Old 09-17-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Just ordered for the ps4 since the x1 didn't have the collectors edition with Hulk. Wanted to play on the x1 but I'm too impatient and the collectors edition has that little play set thing.

Is there a full play set for guardians of the galaxy? I only see the one with starlord and gamora.
I *almost* went the PS4 Collectors Edition route, but I couldn't justify the huge price difference just to get Hulk a few months earlier. Granted the base is pretty sweet looking.

I'm not exactly sure how these play sets work having never played version 1.0. I think they have their own story line/missions, and I think they only come in one version. You have to buy the additional characters for those stories separately. These games are money pits.

post #5 of 20 Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I couldn't justify the collectors edition on ps4 either. But since I have no idea if it's good to have extra discs etc I suckered myself into it. You guys are right, this seems like it's going to hurt my wallet.

Last edited by AndyN; 09-17-2014 at 08:06 PM.
post #6 of 20 Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 PM

Liked: 0
I've always been sceptical of the toy/game crossover. They seem so expensive for what they are and I fear the game is more of an after thought

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- ePINIONATED
post #7 of 20 Old 09-17-2014, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
My son can't wait, though I may make him wait until his birthday next month.

I was going to get him a bike too.
tampabuc likes this.
post #8 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePINIONATED View Post
I've always been sceptical of the toy/game crossover. They seem so expensive for what they are and I fear the game is more of an after thought
I can't speak for the Disney Infinity games, but Skylanders Swap Force was a blast. It was basically like playing a Saturday morning cartoon. Great voice acting and characters, and smooth, colorful animation (at least the Xbox One version). Yeah, it is a kiddie game, but this grown-ass man loved it.
tampabuc likes this.

post #9 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Disney is not quite as good a game as Skylanders, but the kid loved it far more. He is about to turn 6, and basically struggles with half the lego games, though he got through Star Wars on his own.

I suspect the Marvel game will be a step up though.
post #10 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Early reviews kind of middling. I wonder if I should cancel my order and wait for a steep price drop, especially since I don't think I'd be too into designing my own worlds in the Toy Box.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...s---20-edition

After some research, it appears you can download worlds created by other players.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game...-Traveler.html
tampabuc likes this.

post #11 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes! Full there is a full playset (gameplay) for this one so I'm all in.

As far as the cost goes, it is pure evil...

$75 Starter Set
$35 GotG Playset with Star Lord & Gamora
$13 each for Groot, Rocket, Drex, & Nova

Of course, this doesn't count the other playsets (Spiderman for example) and all the other characters out already and to be released, everything from Maleficent to Venom.

On the other hand, GotG and the characters pretty much have had the same effect as star wars when I was kid so it's all about the memories! I'll try to keep things limited to that, yeah right!

We've seen the movie twice, got the soundtrack, and the best part about the Captain America: Winter Soldier 3D blu-ray was seeing the Guardians blu-ray preview in 3d at home (looked flawless plus it's susposed to have Dolby Atmos).

Last edited by tampabuc; 09-18-2014 at 02:17 PM.
post #12 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
Early reviews kind of middling. I wonder if I should cancel my order and wait for a steep price drop, especially since I don't think I'd be too into designing my own worlds in the Toy Box.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...s---20-edition

After some research, it appears you can download worlds created by other players.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game...-Traveler.html

Thanks for the reviews. I was not expecting anything this soon. 70-80's sounds about right. The Gamespot review (70) covered the aspects I was most concerned with. Yeah, if you are not into the toy box mode, this is not the game to invest in. It's amazing what people create (like Minecraft), and this is where all of the playability of random stand-alone character purchases come in. The list is endless...
post #13 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 417
I picked up the PS4 collectors edition as well. Best Buy has a deal where you get a free figure and power pack. Combined with my Gamers Club I was able to pick up the Collectors edition, Groot figure, and a power pack for $126.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

Pick up a starter pack and you get a free figure only

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

I never had my gamers club work with collectors editions of other games but it knocked the price down when I entered my info in so I was sold.
dbburns likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh wow. I thought the collector's edition only added Hulk and the fancy stand. I didn't realize it also included Cap and Hawkeye as well. Not nearly as bad of a deal as I originally thought.

I think I am going to keep my Xbox One order intact and take my chances on this game.

post #15 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
Is this crap why we don't have an Ultimate Alliance 3?
post #16 of 20 Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

That's a great deal at best buy but it's sold out.

I'd love a more "serious" game but my kids should love the game. I'm already a sucker. Getting the GOTG playset along with Fury and Groot. No Rocket Racoon on Azon right now otherwise I'd be out another few bucks. If kids don't like it I'm screwed.

Oh, what do the power discs do?
post #17 of 20 Old 09-19-2014, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Oh, what do the power discs do?
Generally they either add items to the toybox for you to use when you design your own level or occasionally will be a power-up for a character to use when playing any part of the game.
post #18 of 20 Old 09-19-2014, 09:40 AM

Liked: 10
My kids love the original game and I am psyched to play the Marvel themed games.
post #19 of 20 Old 09-19-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewdpost View Post
Generally they either add items to the toybox for you to use when you design your own level or occasionally will be a power-up for a character to use when playing any part of the game.
Thank you kind sir
post #20 of 20 Old 09-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got the Infinity 2.0 Marvel Premium Value Pack (Xbox One) at amazon per-ordered the other day. It was a good deal, but it looks like its not available for Xbox One at this time. The first one has its flaws and I'm sure this one is the same being that I will be annoyed with somethings, but I have a blast playing it with my 3 year old and its a good game to get him started in video games. I wasn't a fan of the Toy box mode mainly because I just didn't like the how they did it. I hope is better this time in that it will be easier to find good Toy boxes. I do like how I can use all the 1.0 figures in the new Toy box, so that's a good thing.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page