Battlefield Hardline - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

Old 02-03-2015, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Battlefield Hardline

Reminder that the beta is out today. Free to all.

Not impressed so far. Same garbage offered up by the Battlefield 4 next gen launch so long ago except that it does actually seem to work; but without proper matchmaking of course.

The most anticipated multiplayer title of the decade...Star Wars Battlefront..is not in good hands I fear.

EDIT: this game has caused a bug where I get regular alerts that my external hard drive storage is "ready," long after installing and playing the game.

Last edited by tampabuc; 02-03-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2015, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Reminder that the beta is out today. Free to all.

Not impressed so far. Same garbage offered up by the Battlefield 4 next gen launch so long ago except that it does actually seem to work; but without proper matchmaking of course.

The most anticipated multiplayer title of the decade...Star Wars Battlefront..is not in good hands I fear.

EDIT: this game has caused a bug where I get regular alerts that my external hard drive storage is "ready," long after installing and playing the game.
I enjoyed it okay. I'll probably end up purchasing it, despite the problems BF4 had at launch. Just need to decide which console.

Anyone online tonight, feel free to reach out. I'll definitely be playing around 10 p.m. EST, if not a bit earlier.
tampabuc likes this.

www.twitter.com/anthonycmoreno
PSN - anthonycm
XB1 - anthonycmo
Old 02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Wasn't too impressed. I really enjoy BF4 and this just seems like a gimmicky version of it. Will play the Beta some more, but as of now I won't be spending $60 on it.
tampabuc likes this.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 AM
VR3

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm liking it overall. playing mostly on ps4 since the xb1 download wasn't working for me, have to try it again. Hotwire is fun but can get boring if your not in a car and for heist I want to enjoy it but I keep getting shoot from every location on that map and not sure where to go. probable will purchase when it hits $40.
tampabuc likes this.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Game seems more like COD than BF series. Run and gun. Got to level 29 but I think the beta ended yesterday.
Hopefully there is A LOT more polish before final release.

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Bose Soundtouch 130 soundbar || Synology DS716+ NAS || XBOX One ||

Xbox Live : BoDEAN
Old 02-09-2015, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Not impressed either. Everything looks like BF4 but with updated tiles and colors. COD money system. Not spending $60 on it, thats for sure.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Will wait for it in the EA Access vault

The 5.0 is here
Old 02-10-2015, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Same here, waiting for a discount. Definitely not worth $60. Like Hksvr4 said, too many COD similarities. They increased the pace, but I don't like it. But EA is hungry for many and they know very well who's taking it.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I wanted to like it. I wanted to like it enough to justify going next-gen. NOPE! I feel so slow compared to BF3. Gunplay just doesn't feel right either. Choppers seemed useless except on hotwire mode. I like the idea of money being used to unlock certain things, but it doesn't feel like BF. Honestly the only part that put a smile on my face was running around with the sirens and playing with the different in-car music. That says a lot...

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Didn't get a chance to try it. One of the few games I wanted to get this yr.mmaybe not now...
Old 02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 261
I have to say that I had alot of fun playing it, WITH FRIENDS, but on a solo experience not that much. I hope that the campaign mode is long and exciting. One thing I REALLY like is the option to turn down/off "network smoothinig". Something I have no doubt every game has to some degree and at varying strengths.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT
Old 03-06-2015, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the beta downloaded but by the time I went to play it was already expired. Doesn't sound like I missed much though.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Disappointed that the final game is supposed to be in 720p on the Xbox one. The beta looked bad too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Old 03-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 30
beta didn't look bad. it's 720 upscaled to 1080p... you'll hardly notice the difference unless your 2 ft from the tv or you put it side by side with a pc at 1080p or twice the res, 1440p. Regardless pc wins on res and textures but hardly a difference between ps4 and xbox one versions... there will be slightly more clarity and less aliasing on ps4 version but both console versions are still way inferior to the pc obviously.

XBL: Khyber GT | PSN: Threefiddyz | Steam: Khyber GT | Origin: Khyber_GT
Old 03-09-2015, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oh crap, this game is looking worse every day but they managed to pull off 60fps. Geez, thanks! Instant digital preorder!

Screw this game but please don't let Star Wars Battlefront suck! The eminent reboot of the movie franchise later this year will not help matters. There are ZERO options to delay that one.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

Battlefield Hardline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
beta didn't look bad. it's 720 upscaled to 1080p... you'll hardly notice the difference unless your 2 ft from the tv or you put it side by side with a pc at 1080p or twice the res, 1440p. Regardless pc wins on res and textures but hardly a difference between ps4 and xbox one versions... there will be slightly more clarity and less aliasing on ps4 version but both console versions are still way inferior to the pc obviously.

This game looked a lot worse on the Xbox. Jaggies galore and washed out colors. Sorry, but it looked better on the ps4. Also, I'm a console gamer so PC is irrelevant to me.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
This game looked a lot worse on the Xbox. Jaggies galore and washed out colors. Sorry, but it looked better on the ps4. Also, I'm a console gamer so PC is irrelevant to me.

it wasn't that drastic of a difference. 180 lines of resolution only slightly means it's better...just take a look at the comparison videos. You being a console gamer is irrelevant to the discussion as well, BF is a pc game that just happens to be on console :-p

Old 03-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
it wasn't that drastic of a difference. 180 lines of resolution only slightly means it's better...just take a look at the comparison videos.

I downloaded both versions and saw it with my own eyes. Comparison videos don't always show the difference. They both had jaggies, but the Xbox version had it worse.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I downloaded both versions and saw it with my own eyes. Comparison videos don't always show the difference. They both had jaggies, but the Xbox version had it worse.

I have all 3 versions of bf4 and yes I played bf hardline on all 3 as well since Alpha... ps4 is slightly better but it's not like OMG what a difference like the jump from console to pc is.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:17 PM

Give it a month or two when cheaters start popping on servers. Then you'll see how quickly you'll be jumping from console to PC just for the sake of graphics. Besides, no resolution could save this game anyway.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post
Give it a month or two when cheaters start popping on servers. Then you'll see how quickly you'll be jumping from console to PC just for the sake of graphics. Besides, no resolution could save this game anyway.
Cheaters on PC or on console? I mainly play console due to cheaters on PC. I tried playing BF3 on PC but found a good amount of cheaters playing. Got very annoying seeing people OHK with constant headshots.

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
Cheaters on PC or on console? I mainly play console due to cheaters on PC. I tried playing BF3 on PC but found a good amount of cheaters playing. Got very annoying seeing people OHK with constant headshots.
On PC, of course. Just trying to point out how graphics becomes irrelevant once you actually start to play and enjoy the game.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I still don't think this game will be worth $60 or even $40 on sale but we get it for "free" (with a $5 EA Access investment) starting tomorrow. If you already have a subscription, even better.

Up to 10 total hours of playtime and I believe that any achievements earned will be permanent.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
I still don't think this game will be worth $60 or even $40 on sale but we get it for "free" (with a $5 EA Access investment) starting tomorrow. If you already have a subscription, even better.

Up to 10 total hours of playtime and I believe that any achievements earned will be permanent.

It's available now on Xbox via EA access.

tampabuc likes this.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

I'm downloading the trial now. Saw the advert on Facebook and was surprised that it could be downloaded this soon.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Dang, just reading this thread for the first time and not seeing a whole lot of positive responses to this game.

I like the BF games, but wait until they're in the bargain bin (which can be a long wait) before purchasing. I have fun with the campaign mode but don't play a lot of multiplayer as I get tired of getting pegged off by junior every couple of minutes. Guess I just need to hone my skillz.

It's nice that this game will eventually end up in the EA Acess Vault. Perfect for me.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Cool that they made it available early. Thanks. Downloading now.

Now when do we sleep? Devil May Cry on Tuesday, Ori at midnight, now Hardline tonight. Crazy couple of days.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I actually really like this game. Only able to play the prologue and 1st episode, but it's almost like Metal Gear when you have to sneak your way through, and the map has cones to keep out of distance. Feels like a good cops and robbers TV show. Only played a few rounds of TDM, but it's better than BF4's TDM for sure. Hope to get more play in tonight. Hit me up if you wanna get a room together. (DieHardCubFN).
tampabuc and Arutha_conDoin like this.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com

XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
Old 03-13-2015, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

I was wrong!

I only played the intro and 1st chapter of single player for this game but I found it quite entertaining. A $60 purchase with a $40 trade in might be worth it.

Sure, the graphic sucked - it's EA, plus its a somewhat lame attempt at playing out a TV series, but dammit! It was freaking incredible for a Battlefield game to get you to even think about a single player experience in the first place after BF4, better yet, nothing obvious was broken!

Disclaimer: I hope to tryout some online game play soon and that is kind of important.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

My apologies, I was apparently hallucinating earlier...

Justifying a EA-Battlefield single player campaign for $20 would be almost as reckless as trying to justify a PS4+1886: The Order (only notable game so far) $500 purchase.

I don't know what I was thinking. Please disregard until you can play the almost free trial for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement