AVS Forum banner

Gears of War 4 Xbox One

10K views 171 replies 32 participants last post by  spid 
#1 · (Edited)

Gears of War 4!!! Take my money now!!!

This is 1 of 6 currently announced games that support HDR: the others include Forza Horizon 3, Scalebound, NBA 2K17, Battlefield 1, and Resident Evil 7.

Preorder details:

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-4/order

Gears of War 4 releases October 11th 2016, and pre-orders are now available. Experience the next chapter in the Gears of War saga following JD Fenix, son of Marcus Fenix, as he discovers the source of a monstrous new enemy with close friends Kait and Del.

On top of the Campaign, which supports two player co-op locally or over Xbox Live, fan favorite mode Horde is back and better than ever. Additionally, Versus Multiplayer sports 60 fps, dedicated servers, brand new modes, a new visible ranking system and much more.

Buy Gears 4, Get the Gears Xbox 360 Collection

For a limited time, all purchases of Gears of War 4 include the entire Gears of War Xbox 360 library for free, all playable on Xbox One thanks to Backwards Compatibility! The Gears of War Xbox 360 collection provides you with four incredible games, from the epic saga of the original Gears of War trilogy to the standalone story of Gears of War: Judgment.

Physical copies of the game will come with codes for each of the four titles to download via Xbox Live. For those who purchase digitally, your codes will be sent via Xbox Live message – we’ll be sharing more information on digital distribution closer to launch.

The Standard Edition is the base version of the game, arriving October 11th, 2016.

Gears of War 4: Standard Edition

The Standard Edition is the base version of the game, arriving October 11th, 2016.

Digital purchases of the Standard Edition come with Xbox Play Anywhere, which means Buy Once, Play Anywhere. When you purchase a digital copy of Gears of War 4 is on Xbox or PC, you’ll gain instant access to the game on both platforms at no additional cost. Any progression or content you acquire on one platform, including Season Pass and Gear Pack content, will also be available on both platforms regardless of where you buy.

Pre-order from the Xbox Store to get an exclusive Vintage Del Gear Pack -- featuring a Vintage Del character skin, emblem, two Vintage weapon skins and a special Vintage Del bounty -- as an added bonus for use in Gears of War 4. Pre-ordering digitally also provides instant access to the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Character Pack for use in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.

Available Editions: Physical and Digital

Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition

Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition comes with the Standard Edition, plus a bunch of extras for fans to sink their teeth into.

EARLY ACCESS:
Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition is your gateway to Early Access to the game, allowing you to play from Friday, October 7th – four days before the release date. This applies to both Physical and Digital editions of the game.

SEASON PASS:
The Season Pass is your ticket to a bunch of extra perks:

Five exclusive digital items as part of the Vintage VIP Pack,
including the Vintage JD character skin, Vintage Gnasher and Dropshot weapon skins, Vintage JD Emblem and Vintage JD Bounty for extra XP.

Permanent DLC map ownership of over 24 additional maps (two per month for a year) for private play on dedicated servers for all competitive Versus modes and Horde.

Access to an exclusive ‘Developer Playlist’ where new maps, modes and features can be tested prior to broad release.

Six Gear Packs
which unlock special character and weapon skins and XP boosting bounties.

PHYSICAL EXCLUSIVE – STEELBOOK CASE:
Arm your games cabinet with a premium Steelbook Case for Gears of War 4.

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE – Xbox Play Anywhere: Buy Once, Play Anywhere.
Whether your first digital purchase of Gears of War 4 is on Xbox or PC, you'll gan instant access to the game on both platforms at no additional cost. Any progression or content you acquire on one platform, including Season Pass and Gear Pack content, will also be available on both platforms regardless of where you buy.

XBOX STORE PREORDERS ONLY: An exclusive Vintage Del Gear Pack
-- featuring a Vintage Del character model, emblem, two Vintage weapon skins and a special Vintage Del bounty -- as an added bonus for use in Gears of War 4. Digital pre-orders gain instant access to the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Character Pack for use in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.

All pre-orders also come with the Brothers to the End Gear Pack.

Available Editions: Physical and Digital

Pre-Order Bonus: Brothers To The End Elite Gear Pack

The Brothers to the End Elite Gear Pack
is a new pre-order bonus included with Gears of War 4 that pays homage to some of the most beloved characters from the Gears of War universe, and extends the tradition of offering gold weapons to day one players.

The Brothers To The End Elite Gear Pack contains:

“Tomorrow Anya” Character -
Named after her famous words following the end of the Locust War (“Tomorrow Marcus. We finally have a tomorrow.”) Her appearance is based on her look in theGears of War 4television commercial, “Tomorrow,” where she was introduced as the mother of JD Fenix.

“Old Man Marcus" Character -
Featuring an older Marcus Fenix as unveiled in the E3 2016 media briefing demo. Twenty-five years after the Locust War, Marcus and the COG have long since parted ways. His facial hair has grown long and his COG regulation kit has been replaced with by civilian clothes.

“Zombie Dom” Character -
There's no keeping a good solider down, at least in the form of this character skin created as tribute to Marcus’ dearly departed best friend Dominic Santiago.

Gold Wave Lancer and Gnasher Weapon Skins -
Updated versions of the gold weapon skins awarded to the series’ most-dedicated day one players.

The Brothers To The End Elite Gear Pack is included with every edition of Gears of War 4, including the custom Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Xbox One S and our Gears of War 4 Lootcrate.

All new and current pre-order customers will also receive the Vintage Del Pack, which includes the Vintage Del character model and retailer-specific bonus items, including unique weapon skins.

See less See more
1 4
#3 ·
The MP beta for Gears 4 will happen sometime in April, looking forward to it.

Here's some interesting stuff about the game from Gameinformer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...e-know-about-gears-of-war-4s-multiplayer.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...estions-and-answers-about-gears-of-war-4.aspx

Since the series' debut, Gears of War players have logged an impressive 2.3 billion hours playing Gears of War's multiplayer. The Coalition is acutely aware that it has a passionate fan base looking forward to digging into the next online Gears experience. Our recent trip to visit the studio for our April cover story focused largely on the game's story-focused campaign, but we were still able to eke out a few juicy details about multiplayer.

1) Multiplayer is getting a bigger focus this time:
"Historically, the campaign is the hardest thing to make out of any of these games," says studio head Rod Fergusson. "So if you look at the development of Gears one, it was probably 90 percent single player, 10 percent multiplayer. Over the course of the franchise, that percentage shifted, but I don't think it ever got above 70/30. Coming here, multiplayer has a much greater position at the table. On day one, as we were prototyping our first campaign experience, we were also building multiplayer maps. We really want to meet the needs of not just recreational players but eSports players, and it's something we've been thinking about for the entire development cycle."

2) Ryan Cleven is the Lead MP Designer:
Cleven's resume includes series like Need for Speed and SSX.

3) We'd be shocked if Horde mode didn’t return:
The Coalition wouldn’t confirm the addition of any particular multiplayer mode, but the team is keenly aware of the mode's popularity and seem focused on making the Gears community happy moving into the future.

4) The multiplayer beta will start this April:
During the beta, players will be able to play as five of the campaign's protagonists. The first three are the three main playable heroes, JD, Kait, Del. The fourth is Kait's mom and leader of the Outsiders, a woman named Reyna. The fifth is Kait's uncle, Oscar, who is an ex-Gear soldier and expert survivalist.

5) Multiplayer is still humans vs monsters:
To fit into the lore of the world, there will be at least three factions in multiplayer, but these will still be separated into humans vs. monsters, meaning one side will play as the new Swarm enemies, while the other side with play as either COG soldiers or human Outsiders. We're not entirely sure if multiplayer is only limited to these three factions, however, so it's possible that there is a second, unknown monster faction.

6) Each faction has their own knife and will likely have other unique attributes:

7) The team is making a big push for the eSports market this time around:
The Coalition even has one staffer dedicated to work full time on the eSports initative.

"Gears of War was one of the first games to be part of the eSports growth, and it came around during a time when things like Twitch were just starting to explode," says director of community Adam Fletcher. "What were trying to do now is treat eSports as a brand. We started that with the Ultimate Edition where we partnered with the ESL, and worked to created different seasons in of a pro league as well as an open series that spans North America, Europe, New Zealand, and Australia. During our championships, we had over 130,000 unique viewers on Twitch, and we sold out of tickets for a live event down in Burbank."

8) But casual fans are still welcome:
"When I was at Epic, we didn't really value pro players," says studio head Rod Fergusson. "We were always focused on accessibility and how to get more recreational players. We let pro players do whatever they wanted and tried not to overdevelop for them. Now we're trying to find that balance. We recognize that there's this professional player, and have you sort of build a funnel toward them but also make sure your game is highly accessible."

9) Don't expect a lot of wind:
Wind is a big part of the story campaign, but at this time, the team isn't planning on incorporating wind flares into the game's multipayer maps.

10) The Coalition is getting some help:
The multiplayer team also includes London-based developer, Splash Damage, which has previously worked on games such as Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Brink, Batman: Arkham Origins, and even Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. “They’re helping with a lot of the level design stuff," says Fergusson. "Especially with meshing of multiplayer maps, we’re tapping into the expertise they got from Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. They also have a lot of expertise with online systems, in terms of matchmaking from Ultimate Edition. They basically had to rewrite for Xbox One, between us and them, the whole matchmaking sub-system…when you get a strategic partner like Splash Damage, we talk about training up our own team on Gears, but when you have another team that’s trained up on Gears, we definitely want to work with them as much as possible.”

11) Multiplayer will run at 60 fps and will have its own dedicated servers:
What else do you want?

12) Balance is important to The Coalition:
The Studio has introduced a new takedown system that allows players to initiate a series of close-combat melee takedowns. In single player these might become fairly easy to pull off, but The Coalition has worked hard to ensure that, in multiplayer, players on the receiving end of these have several ways to counter the attacks and escape before a knife ends up in their brainpan.

#5 ·
#6 ·
The game will be released on October 11th.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/04/06/gears-of-war-4-launch-date-reveal/

Gears fans, mark your calendars, as the next chapter in the Lancer-revving Gears of War saga is set to begin on Oct. 11 with the release of Gears of War 4.

It’s been almost a year since Gears of War 4 made its global debut at E3 2015, and today’s announcement is set to ignite a chain of upcoming revelations about what’s in store for JD Fenix and the next generation of Gears heroes.

Gears of War 4 marks the beginning of an epic new saga for one of gaming’s most celebrated franchises, as a new band of heroes rises to confront a fearsome new threat. Harkening back to the dark and intense roots of the original classic, fans can expect a familiar, yet distinct evolution of gameplay, including brutal and intimate action, a heart-pounding campaign, genre-defining multiplayer and stunning visuals powered by Unreal Engine 4.

Eager to get a taste of Gears of War 4 before October? Don’t miss the multiplayer beta kicking off this month!

Beginning on April 18, fans who’ve played Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One or Windows 10 will be able to join the beta on Xbox One, which will expand to all Xbox Live Gold members on April 25. For more information on what to expect from the beta, check out our recent announcement highlighting the full details, and stay tuned to Xbox Wire and GearsofWar.com for more exciting news in the coming weeks and months

Reactions: onlysublime
#12 ·
I'm a little miffed...played UE on launch day...still have no code. I know they are rolling out in waves to stress test the servers, but two days in to the preview, and I and many others still aren't playing?
I had seen a statement by the coalition on the forums apologizing...still reeks...I've suffered through the garbage and the greatness of gears in every iteration, an I'm chomping at the bit to play...

#14 ·
I think the Open Beta starts on the 24th so no biggie if you cannot get in now.

I think it runs through May 1st.

- Jason

#15 ·
If you're an Amazon Prime member they're offering 20% off of pre-orders for all the versions of this game.

Which brings the price to $47.99 for the standard version, $80 for the Ultimate Edition, and $200 for the Collector's Edition.

The Ultimate and Collector's Edition come with the season pass.

#17 ·
Can't recall the last time I got excited about "box art." The again I download all my games, disc/box don't excite me anymore.

Reactions: aaronwt
#20 ·
One feature Fergusson mentioned was the fact that not all players need to own a particular map in order to enjoy it. In Gears of War 4, only the host will need to own a particular map in order to it to be played. That means players will be able to join a match with their friends, or other players, and enjoy a particular Horde map without having to actually own. This allows them to check out a particular map, possibly fall in love with it, and then decide whether or not they want to purchase it for themselves in order to continue enjoying.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/95...nly-requires-host-to-own-maps-for-all-to-play

#23 ·
I thought the slide at E3 showed "Horde Mode 3.0"?

#25 ·
I spent my $100 on the digital pre-order for Gears 4 yesterday. I hope it's worth it.

At least it only cost me $80 after getting the Staples XBox e-gift cards for 20% off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.