Halo Wars 2 Xbox One, Windows 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
  • 1 Post By onlysublime
  • 1 Post By spid
  • 1 Post By spid
  • 1 Post By spid
  • 1 Post By spid
  • 1 Post By spid
  • 3 Post By spid
  • 2 Post By spid
  • 1 Post By mboojigga
  • 1 Post By deveng
  • 1 Post By onlysublime

post #1 of 26 Old 08-06-2015, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 1472
Halo Wars 2 Xbox One, Windows 10

Halo Wars has always had some of the best cutscenes ever. The teaser continues that...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9095...-2-pc-xbox-one

The Creative Assembly, the U.K.-based studio behind the Total War series of strategy games, is developing Halo Wars 2 with 343 Industries. The game is scheduled to be released next fall.
aaronwt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 07-26-2016, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Story Viddoc released.

post #3 of 26 Old 10-19-2016, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

New Multiplayer video

Some Impressions of the game

mboojigga likes this.

post #4 of 26 Old 10-19-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Microsoft talking about the multiplayer, and here is the bit about the Blitz mode.

But the most compelling new mode of play will be Blitz, a hybrid card-collecting and real-time strategy game.
In this mode, players will create decks of 12 from card packs earned by playing through the Halo Wars 2 campaign, as well as daily challenges. Every leader will have access to this shared pool of cards that complement their specific playstyle. Each leader can have up to three different decks, and each card features a unit that you can deploy on the battlefield in real-time throughout the course of the match. All units carry an energy cost: the more powerful the unit, the more expensive they will be to deploy on the field.

Energy can be earned during a match by collecting energy canisters that are dropped during the action, or by defeating enemies. Then it’s just a matter of strategically deploying a unit that is randomly selected from your pre-made deck. Do you spend your energy on smaller units to build up your forces, or do you elect to save your energy to drop a bunch of Wraiths on the battlefield? Maybe you’d prefer to deploy a fleet of Warthogs to speed around the map and cause havoc? Those are the kinds of choices you’ll have to make when playing Blitz.
“What we wanted to do is make this a non-intimidating mode. It was important that if a player wanted just one deck to pick their favorite units, that should be a viable strategy,” explains Oli Smith, Project Lead on Blitz at Creative Assembly. “We didn’t want to start where, ‘For this map I’ll need this deck, and for this mode I’ll have to have this one.’ A lot of the depth comes into the deck building, so we didn’t want to overwhelm people by having too many other variables.”
There will be two variations of the Blitz mode available to players: Firefight and PvP. Firefight will be a wave-based PVE mode, that can be played solo or with up to two friends, against ever-increasingly difficult enemies with the core objective to survive as long as you can and obtain the highest score possible. PvP will have custom ranked and unranked matches that will be 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 support.

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/10/19/halo...cM8ZbFVAlCt.99

http://news.xbox.com/2016/10/19/halo...-new-way-play/
mboojigga likes this.
post #5 of 26 Old 12-01-2016, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

New video discussing the lead villain in the upcoming game.

mboojigga likes this.
post #6 of 26 Old 12-02-2016, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If you pre-order the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition you will get Halo Wars Definitive Edition for free starting Dec 20th.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/figh...dition-dec-20/

onlysublime likes this.
post #7 of 26 Old 01-19-2017, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #8 of 26 Old 01-19-2017, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

A new look at the Stronghold mode

mboojigga likes this.
post #9 of 26 Old 02-06-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Launch Trailer

sjchmura, deveng and mboojigga like this.
post #10 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

anyone preorder this? I paid for the Ultimate version (to get the enhanced Halo Wars 1). The downloads are pretty tiny. I was hoping the full game would be downloaded (even if locked). Halo Wars 2 download is only about 100 MB.
post #11 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
anyone preorder this? I paid for the Ultimate version (to get the enhanced Halo Wars 1). The downloads are pretty tiny. I was hoping the full game would be downloaded (even if locked). Halo Wars 2 download is only about 100 MB.
Same here but on W10 it shows 26GB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1954169  

The 5.0 is here
post #12 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I wonder when the Xbox One version will be available for download... I'm hoping the enhanced original is also released at the same time. will run through that campaign again before touching HW2.
post #13 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wonder when the Xbox One version will be available for download... I'm hoping the enhanced original is also released at the same time. will run through that campaign again before touching HW2.
If you preordered it you should already have access on the Xbox One. Even on the title screen it says early access for the Halo Wars. I preordered 3 Feb got the code for Halo Wars on the 7th. When the pre order started in December you had access for Halo Wars so most that did have been playing over a month now. I am loving it all over again and can't wait for 2.

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; 02-09-2017 at 02:31 PM.
post #14 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
If you preordered it you should already have access on the Xbox One. Even on the title screen it says early access for the Halo Wars. I preordered 3 Feb got the code for Halo Wars on the 7th. When the pre order started in December you had access for Halo Wars so most that did have been playing over a month now. I am loving it all over again and can't wait for 2.
Halo Wars Definitive Edition is only 10 MB. and when I try to launch it, nothing happens.
post #15 of 26 Old 02-10-2017, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Two funny commercials were released ahead of the launch.

deveng and mboojigga like this.

Last edited by spid; 02-10-2017 at 05:02 AM.
post #16 of 26 Old 02-10-2017, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Halo Wars Definitive Edition is only 10 MB. and when I try to launch it, nothing happens.
Your waiting for the key you will get in a few days from when you preordered. The Definitive Edition is 9GB
onlysublime likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #17 of 26 Old 02-11-2017, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Your waiting for the key you will get in a few days from when you preordered. The Definitive Edition is 9GB
Got the code last night!

You would think they would advertise that the Ultimate edition would come with an enhanced version of the original game. The only thing they advertise is "play 4 days early!" Playing a little early isn't that great of a draw for me (though I experienced last night some kid so excited to have content early for Rainbow Six Siege).
post #18 of 26 Old 02-13-2017, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Got the code last night!

You would think they would advertise that the Ultimate edition would come with an enhanced version of the original game. The only thing they advertise is "play 4 days early!" Playing a little early isn't that great of a draw for me (though I experienced last night some kid so excited to have content early for Rainbow Six Siege).
The Ultimate edition is a superb deal for 2 reasons, you get the season pass, and you get the new version of the original game (with new achievements). I still wish they would offer some discounts for digital versions of the game (there was some discussion about amazon about getting the windows 10 version of the game, which supposedly was a play anywhere title (meaning it was digital), and somehow qualified for the 20% pre-order discount that Amazon does for new physical games). I cannot verify that because the picture on Amazon looks like it comes with discs and is being packaged by THQ instead of Microsoft.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #19 of 26 Old 02-13-2017, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

did they even say what you get with a season pass? not knowing what the season pass is, it's hard to really sell it.
post #20 of 26 Old 02-13-2017, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
did they even say what you get with a season pass? not knowing what the season pass is, it's hard to really sell it.
I suspect that it would be similar to the expansion packs that came with the 1st Halo Wars. new maps and new game modes. They mention that there will be new content guaranteed for the 1st 6 months, but I do not know what else after that.

post #21 of 26 Old 02-17-2017, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Played the 1st two missions last night, along with some Blitz and Strongholds.

Like all RTS games, the cut scenes tend to be very cinematic, and oh boy, Halo Wars 2 did not disappoint. I remember when the 1st Halo Wars came out, part of the charm of the game were the amazing cut scenes, and how incredible it felt because they were CGI and this games continues that trend. I cannot wait for the story unfold, but so far looking great.

With regards to gameplay, if I were to criticize the 1st game, it would be that for an RTS game perhaps it was too simplistic. It looks like they added some deeper layers to this game, and again the controls are intuitive, and easy enough for an RTS game. I think what they have done (and I might be wrong), is give all units more HP. Thus, individual battles seem to be taking longer, but this is a good thing, because it gives you time to micro manage somewhat. The tutorial tells you how the rock paper scissor effect works (infantry > air, vehicles > infantry, air > vehicles), so you cannot simply brute force the enemy with 1 kind of unit.

I think Blitz is going to be this games version of Warzone (Halo 5). Interesting take on multiplayer, as it is easy to pick up and play, even for the most casual of players. The req packs unfortunately are going to be the key to winning, so I will hold judgement till the game matures.

If you like Halo, and or like RTS games, 343 has done a great job. Seeing how the story started, and is unfolding, I have to assume it will continue with Halo 6. Similarly I probably should read Halo: Hunters in the Dark, and one of the short stories in Halo: tales from Slipstream (apparently it is a comic), as they have tie ins with this game (backstory).
onlysublime likes this.

post #22 of 26 Old 03-05-2017, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

So I'm playing Halo Wars 2... And the cinematics are truly amazing!!! Seriously, Microsoft should hire these guys to do a full-length animated movie for Halo. They really know what to do.

And I've just started the game but I haven't been this pumped up about cinematics in a long time. The intro movies made the new bad guy truly demonic and terrifying.

When I was playing, I swore the guy's voice was the same voice as in Crackdown. So I started googling the actors and actresses. Crackdown isn't among his credits. But, man, they all look exactly the same as the in-game characters. I guess they don't try to just do facial motion capture but rather now just duplicate the person entirely.

deveng likes this.
post #23 of 26 Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDR support is coming to Halo Wars 2 with the next update scheduled for next week.

Quote:
The next patch for Halo Wars 2 is being readied for release with an ETA of next week. This update will launch in conjunction with the next DLC leader and includes a variety of fixes and improvements. See below for the full details.
New Feature: Support for HDR lighting is now enabled for players with compatible hardware!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/f...79af173a/posts
post #24 of 26 Old 05-19-2017, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 578
I wonder if hdr is Xbox or both? It's crazy in forza 3 I need to choose between amaIng hdr or 4k 60 (gtx 1080)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #25 of 26 Old 05-29-2017, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I loved halo wars 1. Have only played thru the first level of the second one. Just couldn't get fired up for it
post #26 of 26 Old 06-12-2017, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare is a brand-new full expansion coming to Halo Wars 2, featuring a new campaign, two new multiplayer leaders, two new multiplayer maps, and Terminus Firefight – a unique new cooperative mode where players build both bases and armies to defend and survive against an onslaught of enemy forces. Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare will be available this fall for $19.99 USD exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/n...-the-nightmare

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page