Xbox One S Adds Ultra HD Blu-Ray with HDR - Page 104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1264Likes
post #3091 of 3095 Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi, I know amazon app can support uhd hdr but for some reason I cannot find uhd category on my app and the only way for me to view such shows is to add them to my list using my Samsung tv app. Very strange. Have anyone seen this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3095 Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Liked: 1479
The initial version of the app with its current UI was capable of streaming 4K HDR video (as can be seen in photos in this post); that version was apparently some kind of beta test, since only a subset of people got it. When it went into wide distribution the capability was removed. Though you can see the UHD badge on any items that you've put in your Watchlist or which you've watched recently (in the Watch Next row of Home) you will never receive UHD video when you play them. You also cannot browse them; there are no UHD rows in the UI.

I have no idea why they removed the capability; maybe it will come back some day.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #3093 of 3095 Unread Yesterday, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
The initial version of the app with its current UI was capable of streaming 4K HDR video (as can be seen in photos in this post); that version was apparently some kind of beta test, since only a subset of people got it. When it went into wide distribution the capability was removed. Though you can see the UHD badge on any items that you've put in your Watchlist or which you've watched recently (in the Watch Next row of Home) you will never receive UHD video when you play them. You also cannot browse them; there are no UHD rows in the UI.

I have no idea why they removed the capability; maybe it will come back some day.
Thank you. At least it is not a system failur.....

post #3094 of 3095 Unread Today, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduzadg View Post
Thank you. At least it is not a system failur.....

It's a YouTube one. It's nuts the only way to get YouTube is Samsung , Roku or ultra chromecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #3095 of 3095 Unread Today, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

It's bizarre, I had the version of the app which supported 4K back in December, and 4K was working without issue. Here we are, 5 months later, and there's no 4K, with an "updated" version of the app removing the higher resolution support. Not cool on Amazon's part to have such a long delay to reintroduce this feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area
Gear in this thread