AVS Forum banner

Xbox One S and Sammy UN65JU7500

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  AoshichanX 
#1 ·
My new XBOX One S is detecting my UN7500 as a 4K panel, but it says its not HDR10 compliant and its not 60hz compliant...... I am pretty sure the UN7500 is both of these. Any ideas as to what could be the issue?
1. XBOX One @
2. UN65JU7500
3. HDMI direct to TV
4. Optical to Denon Receiver

How can I test to see if HDR is working or not?
Do I have to enable HDR somehow on the UN7500?

Sorry for the NEWB questions.

Bill

#4 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to confirm there is indeed HDR 10 support for this TV Model.

Go to "Picture Options" and enable "HDMI UHD Color" on your particular hdmi input.

I had some pictures to share from my PS4 Pro which tested positive after I enabled the options above (and previously showing negative prior) but my post count is too low.

#13 ·
Not a great comparison and not even a real test, just some food for thought.

HDR on a 2016 UN65KS8000 vs (firmware updated) "Psuedo HDR" on a 2015 UN65JU7500.

2015 pic looks sharper because edge enhancement is dialed all the way up. Moving forward I have contrast / edge enhancement dialed very low for a more natural pic. There is actually more detail in the natural pic as compared to one with extreme edge enhancement-despite initial impressions at first glance. Much easier on the eyes as well.

Other than Narcos and Final Fantasy XV, both of which are very noticeably improved with HDR--nothing is washed out, I feel like I am watching the director's true vision for certain scenes; otherwise, for a layman like me I can't tell a difference with other 4k/HDR media. For all the industry's touting of HDR and 4k, as usual, media has not caught up with it yet, and standards will no doubt keep shifting.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.