AVS Forum banner

Xbox One S Picture Quality

432 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  max2sh 
#1 ·
I just set up the first Xbox I've ever had and when streaming Hulu and Netflix I'm extremely shocked with how different the picture quality is.. I've gone into the settings and made sure the quality is 4K (Yes, I know not to expect this quality for much content). The 4K and 1080p video quality is pretty horrible compared to what I'm used to.. it's much much more blurry "smoother?" And not quite as bright of colors than when I watch streaming through my cable DVR. I've also made sure the tv settings I have apply to all sources as well as a better hdmi than what is provided. Is Xbox picture quality simply not that great or do I have an amazing DVR and just didn't realize?

#2 ·
Maybe (also) posing this question in the appropriate TV category/thread for whatever you have would get more responses since those owners likely have had similar experiences.

#4 ·
Excellent 1080p PQ

I had the same problem with PQ when streaming HD movies from Netflix and Amazon. Clearing 'Allow 4K' in Advanced video settings helped improve PQ on my new Xbox One S console. All the 1080p videos now look sharp and the colors are excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.