AVS Forum banner

Vizio P series not playing games hdr

876 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DaverJ 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I know the vizios are having problems with xb1s and hdr with Netflix etc... but wanting to know if that there is a problem with games also just tried gow4 and no deal. My uhd br work great but games and Netflix are a no go. Just wanted to check about the games haven't seen much on here about them just Netflix really.

Thanks,

David

#3 ·
yeah it's checked I've also bought a new Mediabridge 18gb hdmi cable and swapped out the one that runs from my Yamaha A760 to the HDMI 1 port. with sub sampling turned on. It reads the HDR Movies fine. Just not the games, or Netflix. I'm on the 2.2.7.4 firmware and I'm a preview member for updates on the Xbox.

Thanks for the reply

David

#4 · (Edited)
Bad news - when the Vizio P series updated firmware (2.2.7.4) for HDR and XB1-S, because of technical reasons with the console and how it treats HDR in games & apps, HDR only works for disc-based movies on these TVs on XB1-S.

Good news - I have a Vizio P50 which is currently using a beta firmware (3.0.12.2 I think?) that enables HDR on Xbox One-S and PS4, and it works great for games.

This updated firmware should be in wide release soon - hopefully in the next week or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.