AVS Forum banner

Force Awakens 3D Blu-ray and Xbox One S

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HarpuaFSB 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is new thread-worthy but I did a quick eyeball of the existing threads and didn't see (or didn't look hard enough) for a general video playback thread.

Anyway, has anyone else had issues playing TFA 3D on their Xbox One S?

It will not play in 3D For me on the S. Plays just fine on my PS4 and Oppo though.

It just loads up and plays in 2D.

Thanks!

#2 ·
The Xbox One does not play 3D blu-rays, and it pisses me off to no end. I have to have a dedicated Blu-Ray player in my system because of it. For an all in one box, it is missing a pretty important feature in my eyes. I have complained to them through email and their feedback system. I don't think we will get it, as HDTV manufacturers exclude 3D from the newest 2017 models.

#5 ·
My xbox one s plays 3d movies, but there is major sync issues till I switch it into 3d mode on my display manually. Then it will play fine. This is on a JVC RS500 projector. It plays fine on my dedicated blu-ray player without sync issues. By sync issues i mean the picture is unstable, flickering and moving around.

John

#6 ·
That's annoying. Strangely I have no issues with 4K Blu-rays, only 3D Blu-rays. You'd think it would be having issues with the new format not something that has been out for years.

I would just use my PS4 for Blu-rays but it doesn't pass Dolby Digital 5.1 from an Atmos or DTS audio source.

#7 ·
I bought the Xbox One S instead of the Samsung 4k blu-ray player. I was hoping to get a 4k player and a game unit for roughly the same price. Was disappointed to see xbox one s doesn't do dolby atmos. There is an update in the works that will allow atmos pass through. I am going to wait to see how the update does, but have almost given up using the xbox one as 4k player, since I have dolby atmos setup.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.