AVS Forum banner

Other Game I Might Like? Similar to Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, etc.?

332 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Beatonator 
#1 ·
I'm looking for games/series that I might have overlooked.

I really enjoy open-world games with Main Quests, Side Quests, Collectibles, levels, upgrades, etc. Examples: Dragon Age series, Elder Scrolls series, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV.

I could never really get into Fallout series for some reason but I have Fallout 4. I don't particularly enjoy first person shooters.

I will typically get into a game and play 50-100 hours before I move on. I like to completely max out my character level and obtain the best weapons/armors/spells available, all collectibles, etc. Yeah, I guess I'm a completionist. :)

Any other games/series similar to Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, etc. you think I would like?

TIA!

#2 ·
The original mass effect trilogy is available on XB1 via backward compatibility. Still one of my favorite action RPGs of all time with well done story and lore...although not quite the same thing as games you mentioned in terms of open world and side quests, etc. Played it so much I had 6 different max level play throughs. Been thinking of replaying it in anticipation of upcoming Mass Effect Andromeda.

#3 ·
You absolutely have to buy Kingdoms of Amalur-Reckoning with DLC if you love the games listed. And I strongly second the RafaelSmith's endorsement of Mass Effect Trilogy. KOA-R is simply one of the most beautiful open world games I have ever played. It's combat mechanics & competitive system scalability is platinum award status IMO. The whole KOA-R universe takes place in a post Mass Effect World, in the far distant future. That part is explained to you at the very beginning of the game...after you get the Armor & Weapon download in the 1st town visited. It is a very long game (over 150 hours and I still have not started Teeth of Naros DLC yet). Legend of Dead Kel DLC was extremely hard...but very exciting. Bottom line...KOAR is a Masterpiece or best in class IMO. I liked it much better than Skyrim or DA-O-I. IMO...It is Fable with 'Nuclear Balls'!

#7 ·
You should also check out Bastion. It came out recently to xbox one and is an amazing little RPG. Also, if you have a 360 you should check out Eternal Sonata. Although a bit cheesy, it was one of my favourite 360 rpgs. The gameplay was awesome and had team combos sort of like the Chrono Trigger series. I wish they'd release it for the xbox one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.