AVS Forum banner

no subwoofer output while watching youtube or listening to pandora.

23K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Hellohowareyou 
#1 ·
i am getting no subwoofer output while watching youtube and pandora. but while streaming hbo go and netflix i have good subwoofer output. any idea on what im doing wrong?? im using a Yamaha RX-V581

also what sound settings is the best setting on my xbox one.

#2 ·
You probably need to enable bass management by setting your speakers to small after running Yamaha's YPAO room correction. If your source has 5.1 channel sound, you'd get sub output from the LFE channel, but 2-channel stereo from youtube and internet radio won't have anything going to the sub unless bass management is on.

#10 ·
I have two multiple channel audio setup at home; one with lousy sub, the other with dual SVS sub. I face the same issue on Youtube. At 80 Hz crossover, I get little sub output; to the point where the lousy little sub just wouldn't pass any signal, and very little output on the room with SVS subs.

I think your sub is partially to blame, as it just cuts off output at low LFE signal; but I think a big portion of the blame goes to Youtube. It's sound is just plain lousy. The same song sounds so different when hearing it from a different source, and I am not even talking lossless FLAC yet. To this day, YouTube doesn't support more than low grade stereo audio (is it even stereo, or just mono?), and surprisingly not many are complaining either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.