What apps actually support HDR? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Unread 04-11-2017, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 31
What apps actually support HDR?

I'm on the One S and currently all I see is the Blu-ray app, Netflix, and a few games that have abilities to do HDR. Even then, Netflix has been kicking everything into HDR mode since launch, so I'm starting to suspect it's some type of fake HDR mode, and not even the real deal.

YouTube, Vudu, Fandango, Amazon, etc... All do HDR on other devices so what gives with the One S?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Unread 04-11-2017, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Vudu does not either

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"

Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #3 of 4 Unread 04-12-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 405
After thinking about HDR more, IMO it is irrelevant unless you have a 4KUHD display. I would just get a Darbee Vision Darblet, and call it a day for 720p-1080p. It does picture/image processing very similar to HDR & DV. It makes a 1080p display pop like HDR...without need for game specific code...and it has user adjustable settings & presets. I don't think Darbee has a 4K processor yet. But their 1080p Models give spectacular results IMO at low cost. And it works on all of your HDMI inputs, if it runs out of an AVR or HDMI switcher. I see absolutely zero need for HDR or DV when gaming on my 1080p displays with Darbee. IMO HDR & DV just does for 4k displays what Darbee does for 480p-1080P sets.

post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave View Post
I'm on the One S and currently all I see is the Blu-ray app, Netflix, and a few games that have abilities to do HDR. Even then, Netflix has been kicking everything into HDR mode since launch, so I'm starting to suspect it's some type of fake HDR mode, and not even the real deal.

YouTube, Vudu, Fandango, Amazon, etc... All do HDR on other devices so what gives with the One S?

I'm able to get HDR to work with Amazon (but, oddly, not 4K). And with Netflix. Just with certain shows on both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area