Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-03-2017, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Marvel Super Heroes OMEGA

Wanted to give everyone a heads up on this game. It is free to download and play and it is basically a Diabloesk type game. You can play any character up to level 10. With the starting splinters your are given there is roughly ten characters that you can pick one to unlock so they can be leveled up to level 60. After that you are pretty much behind a paywall. Still free loot grind game that features local couch coop and online play. HULK SMASH

XBOX ONE GT : Omi43221
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-03-2017, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Pretty underwhelming...I'm a big comic/marvel fan, and the previews made it look like ultimate alliance. I realize it's free, but it seems they could have done a little more.
The controls/powers are limited, and it gets pretty choppy in the open world where other players are running around.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3 of 5 Old 07-03-2017, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 92
This is a console port of the PC game that came out ~ 4 years ago. I think the game is fun, and the game becomes complex somewhat, between crafting, synergies between characters, talents up to level 30, powers up to level 60, then ultimate powers unlock after that. There are at least 30+ characters to play with different play types (melee, ranged, tank, hybrid, stealth, etc, etc), several in game vendors for different items, along with different currencies.

The game lets you play all characters up to level 10, but then you need to buy them with splinters (or real money). Daredevil currently is free, and I think you get about 200 or so splinters when you start, with different characters costing between 200-900 splinters (which will be a big grind). Thus you can unlock a second character as well (from a limited selection). Like similar games, you loot items, that make you character better, needing continuous upgrades as you level up, the talents get mapped to the buttons (ABXY) and LT (ABXY) thus you have 8 different ones active.

Like all FTP games, money will save time, but probably you can get most things done with grinding. The biggest issues are always inventory management, and knowing what items, with which affixes help, and then adding runes, enchantments, etc. Which crafting items to keep, etc.

It may lack the polish of Diablo, but for a free game, I think it is pretty decent. I think the game quality is equivalent to Neverwinter, Warframe etc. Path of Exile will be coming to the Xbox soon as well.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number

Last edited by deveng; 07-03-2017 at 08:35 AM.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-03-2017, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
Pretty underwhelming...I'm a big comic/marvel fan, and the previews made it look like ultimate alliance. I realize it's free, but it seems they could have done a little more.
The controls/powers are limited, and it gets pretty choppy in the open world where other players are running around.
Hmmm..I found this game to be quite comparable to marvel ultimate alliance. Open world online with multiple players might cause some choppiness but doing story missions with a friend and the game seems quite smooth to me. It's atleast worth download and getting one character to 60 through the story missions.

XBOX ONE GT : Omi43221

Last edited by spinoza_43221; 07-03-2017 at 12:04 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-04-2017, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveng View Post
This is a console port of the PC game that came out ~ 4 years ago. I think the game is fun, and the game becomes complex somewhat, between crafting, synergies between characters, talents up to level 30, powers up to level 60, then ultimate powers unlock after that. There are at least 30+ characters to play with different play types (melee, ranged, tank, hybrid, stealth, etc, etc), several in game vendors for different items, along with different currencies.

The game lets you play all characters up to level 10, but then you need to buy them with splinters (or real money). Daredevil currently is free, and I think you get about 200 or so splinters when you start, with different characters costing between 200-900 splinters (which will be a big grind). Thus you can unlock a second character as well (from a limited selection). Like similar games, you loot items, that make you character better, needing continuous upgrades as you level up, the talents get mapped to the buttons (ABXY) and LT (ABXY) thus you have 8 different ones active.

Like all FTP games, money will save time, but probably you can get most things done with grinding. The biggest issues are always inventory management, and knowing what items, with which affixes help, and then adding runes, enchantments, etc. Which crafting items to keep, etc.

It may lack the polish of Diablo, but for a free game, I think it is pretty decent. I think the game quality is equivalent to Neverwinter, Warframe etc. Path of Exile will be coming to the Xbox soon as well.
I played the PC version roughly around that time, and recognized the first few maps immediately. My C2D didn't run it very well, and almost stalled when in open world...hence my frustration with frames dropped on the XBO.
I didn't realize it had that complex of power schemes...I'll give it more of a shot, if only to enjoy playing marvel characters again. I played the shizzle out of Marvel Legends: Xmen 1 and 2, as well as MUA 1 and 2. Which were similar, but those were much more entertaining...especially couch co-op with my son.

@spinoza_43221 :
I agree that it's worth leveling up a couple characters, and play some story missions. I'm not giving up on the title, I just wish there were more to it. I'm not a mmorpg player, so that may be a bit of my struggle.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page