Spotify sounds like garbage - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-22-2017, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Spotify sounds like garbage

I dont get it. The spotify app sounds tinny and thin like a clock radio on my stereo. I actually switched to Xbox so i could have a 4k disk player and use groove music , instead of the god awful ps4 spotify. Then xbox switched to spotify And im really disappointed. About as bad as the ps4 version. Lack of bass, tons of treble. Switch to airplay on the receiver and sounds 👍 didn't want to keep using the wife's phone just for airplay. Anyone else notice it sounds like crap?
jsb75 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 09-22-2017, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb75 View Post
I dont get it. The spotify app sounds tinny and thin like a clock radio on my stereo. I actually switched to Xbox so i could have a 4k disk player and use groove music , instead of the god awful ps4 spotify. Then xbox switched to spotify And im really disappointed. About as bad as the ps4 version. Lack of bass, tons of treble. Switch to airplay on the receiver and sounds 👍 didn't want to keep using the wife's phone just for airplay. Anyone else notice it sounds like crap?
And for some reason u cant choose an artist from your library. So you get songs or albums. Hope im missing something
jsb75 is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 09-23-2017, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 6,634
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked: 1489
it's always "grass is greener on the other side"...

Groove isn't perfect but I find it to be fantastic, especially after they added real human music editors and curators. Now I'm finding new music before it becomes popular. Before, when Groove depended on music charts, I would "discover" music after it had already become popular. Now people think I'm the music guy who discovers music.

I keep free Spotify around because I like their music charts but now that I have Groove as my primary with Spotify as my secondary, I'm "ahead" of my friends when it comes to music. They all listen to the same music because they use the same sources at Spotify.
onlysublime is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old 09-24-2017, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
it's always "grass is greener on the other side"...

Groove isn't perfect but I find it to be fantastic, especially after they added real human music editors and curators. Now I'm finding new music before it becomes popular. Before, when Groove depended on music charts, I would "discover" music after it had already become popular. Now people think I'm the music guy who discovers music.

I keep free Spotify around because I like their music charts but now that I have Groove as my primary with Spotify as my secondary, I'm "ahead" of my friends when it comes to music. They all listen to the same music because they use the same sources at Spotify.
On my xbox groove still shows up but says it unavailable, or something like that. Is Microsoft canceling it, and replacing it with spotify?
jsb75 is online now  
post #5 of 6 Old 09-24-2017, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 6,634
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked: 1489
Groove still works. try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. however, Groove is worthless without a subscription. I guess it's useful if you purchase songs. But there's no free equivalent to Spotify.
onlysublime is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jsb75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Groove still works. try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. however, Groove is worthless without a subscription. I guess it's useful if you purchase songs. But there's no free equivalent to Spotify.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks
jsb75 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Xbox Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off