Xbox One S reverting to 7.1 from Bitstream/Atmos Constantly - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-05-2017, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Xbox One S reverting to 7.1 from Bitstream/Atmos Constantly

Hoping for some help with this strange issue. My Xbox One S will (seemingly randomly) revert back to 7.1 uncompressed when I set it to Bitstream out and Atmos Bitstream format. It doesn't do it always but I would say every 2 or 3 times I turn it on, I go to settings and see that Audio is set back to 7.1. I now have to check every time I turn the Xbox on because of this.

Anyone know why this might be happening? I have the Xbox running into a Marantz SR-6011 audio/video receiver with Atmos capability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-05-2017, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Hoping for some help with this strange issue. My Xbox One S will (seemingly randomly) revert back to 7.1 uncompressed when I set it to Bitstream out and Atmos Bitstream format. It doesn't do it always but I would say every 2 or 3 times I turn it on, I go to settings and see that Audio is set back to 7.1. I now have to check every time I turn the Xbox on because of this.

Anyone know why this might be happening? I have the Xbox running into a Marantz SR-6011 audio/video receiver with Atmos capability.
Have you tried a soft & hard reset.

Soft reset, hold it Xbox button on the console until the light on the button goes off. Then wait 30 seconds and turn on.

Hard reset. Just pull the plug from the back or wall outlet and wait 1 minute then plug back in and turn on.

If you are on the Xbox insider program, it may just be an issue with one of the updates and you might have to wait till a new update is out.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Living Room: LG 55C6P, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55UH8500, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Halo 5 Xbox One

Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware (Click the reference tab on the right side to see firmware details)
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
post #3 of 6 Old 10-05-2017, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Have you tried a soft & hard reset.

Soft reset, hold it Xbox button on the console until the light on the button goes off. Then wait 30 seconds and turn on.

Hard reset. Just pull the plug from the back or wall outlet and wait 1 minute then plug back in and turn on.

If you are on the Xbox insider program, it may just be an issue with one of the updates and you might have to wait till a new update is out.

I have done both hard and soft resets. Doesn't seem to fix. I am on the insider program - but it's been like this through multiple releases since Atmos first became available. Maybe just a persistent bug in all of the insider releases?

post #4 of 6 Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I have done both hard and soft resets. Doesn't seem to fix. I am on the insider program - but it's been like this through multiple releases since Atmos first became available. Maybe just a persistent bug in all of the insider releases?
I haven't heard anything but I'm actually hooking up a new home theater receiver tonight and I can check over the next few days. I will be using the pioneer sc-lx502 Atmos receiver and will keep an eye on it. I can reply if I see the same issue

Living Room: LG 55C6P, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch

Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware (Click the reference tab on the right side to see firmware details)
post #5 of 6 Old 10-06-2017, 07:14 AM

I have been testing my Atmos and did am insider update on the Xbox one s and have been shutting it on and off all night and so far my Atmos setting has stayed on.

I did notice that using turtle Beach elite 800x headphones can't be used with Atmos so I have to shut Atmos off to use them and Atmos wont turn on unless I have the USB from the headset disconnected from the Xbox. Otherwise it reverts back to digital

post #6 of 6 Old 10-06-2017, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I would check/swap your HDMI cable to be sure it's maintaining a solid connection. Had erratic problems like this with my 4k BlueRay player using the same cable as a previous BluRay that had no issues. Finally decided to begin swapping cables and it wasn't until the 3rd cable things stayed solidly locked, receiver kept swapping inputs like it had been flipped off, video feed would cut out, just erratic stuff like that, SQ/VQ changes would make sense if it doesn't detect the cable can support the highest settings it falls back possibly. (I need to buy a higher quality one for that in the near future, but found one that has been solid out of my existing set at least). Something to check anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page