Where to get 360's now? - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How the heck does that stupid java crap work??!!! I kept trying to order sunday morning and by the time I got through it said sold out!!! I keep getting screwed over this system...lookslike Im gonna have to just wait till it is just sitting on the shelves to purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo57
How the heck does that stupid java crap work??!!! I kept trying to order sunday morning and by the time I got through it said sold out!!! I keep getting screwed over this system...lookslike Im gonna have to just wait till it is just sitting on the shelves to purchase.
You pick an item that it is in stock and use the script. It throws the 360 in your cart and just checkout. From there you either will get a backordered, cancellation or shipped email from bb.com. I have never bought anythimg from bb.com and have not bought anything at their b&m store for years and 360 or not I'm still not shopping with them again. ;)
post #1533 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1avera
You pick an item that it is in stock and use the script. It throws the 360 in your cart and just checkout. From there you either will get a backordered, cancellation or shipped email from bb.com. I have never bought anythimg from bb.com and have not bought anything at their b&m store for years and 360 or not I'm still not shopping with them again. ;)
That is just freakin horrible...I'm through with trying to get it online...I'm just gonna be patient and wait till it hits store shelves consistently, and then just walk in and buy one. You would think that BB would be a lot more secure than that...and then they wonder why their CS gets hit with so many calls and emails.
post #1534 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:11 PM

Oh Well, the excitement was fun while it lasted. Just received this from BB.

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your Xbox 360 order on BestBuy.com.

Due to high demand, we oversold our limited allocation from Microsoft. Your Xbox 360 is on backorder and will not be available for delivery by December 23. Backorders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were taken when future allocations of the console are received from the supplier.
post #1535 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 58
A few years ago on Black Friday, I stayed up bleary-eyed on Thanksgiving eve until about 3am. At that time, they were placing a 27" 4:3 HDTV up for sale for $399 with free shipping.

At around 3am the site suddenly became slow as molasses. Every click would result in a page error...I'd reload....and wait...and wait. Finally I managed to get that TV in my cart....and like 20 minutes and page-refreshes later, I finally got a confirmed order notification. 10 minutes later the TV was listed as out of stock.

(I'm kinda sad I did cuz the TV is a chunk of...errr..garbage) but all things considered, Best Buy hasn't changed much over the years.

I am, however, shocked and more than a little bit appalled at the fact that they let people buy multiple units. That is just flat out, plain wrong, regardless of who those were going to. Even if you were going to give them all away to an orphanage of cripples :)

The fact is, when that many people stay up (or wake up) that early/late to at least try to get one, but find out that people already tying up connections and hitting refresh can order as many as they possibly can...that just sucks.

I dont even care that I didn't get one...my attempt was half-assed at best (set alarm for 7am...7am came..I opened my eyes, said I can wait till February, and was asleep 2 seconds later..then got up after 8 to see they were all sold out).......but for alot of people trying to get one for their family, to have one person get 2, 3, or more....well....its just plain..well. Its like standing in line and the first guy at Best Buy in line gets to take home as many 360's as he wants. Just because he was there first.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #1536 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 PM

^same with me, I don't mind having to wait. If I walk into a store and they have it, then I'll buy it. If not, then oh well. It just burns me that a large company such as BB, would not have something in place in regards to multiple purchases and the Java loophole. Especially considering the demand on this console...but yet they maliciously advertise it every which way possible.
post #1537 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Merry Christmas.

http://search.samsclub.com/eclub/sea...box+360+bundle

Get 'em quick.

edit: Sold out
post #1538 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got it,thanks
post #1539 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Can't add the items to my cart.....I was hoping to snag one :(
Says they're not available

Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #1540 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 05:00 PM

they're out already
post #1541 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DAMN it!!!
post #1542 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingd
Pat did you get yours from EB?
YES I got mine today..
EB came through by a hair..

The guy said the got 6 in. This for a Queens Ny store. LOL what a joke... I was #8 two guys must have dropped out..

Here is the best I cancel the Ball Busters order. I get my cancel email. Now for the best 4 hours later iI get another email from them and heres what they said:

Dear Best Buy Customer,
Thank you for your Xbox 360 order on BestBuy.com.

Due to high demand, we oversold our limited allocation from Microsoft. Your Xbox 360 is on backorder and will not be available for delivery by December 23. Backorders will be fulfilled in the order in which they were taken when future allocations of the console are received from the supplier.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order, modify the shipping address or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). We will not be able to modify your order to in-store pickup. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

Are these guys A-holes or what? I mean come on do they have any idea what is going on. I have to tell you that overselling should not be allowed by them and they should get penalized.. Las time never again with these guys..
post #1543 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 PM

Hey Pat, glad you got yours. I live in brooklyn and preordered with gamestop and they have not recieved not one console since the launch. GS is a load of crap.
post #1544 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingd
Hey Pat, glad you got yours. I live in brooklyn and preordered with gamestop and they have not recieved not one console since the launch. GS is a load of crap.
I feel for you.. between al the scams and the way all these guys do business it just plain sucks.. I thought I really had one with BB on line yesterday.. Then they pulled that crap.. The best is they all could care less about us.....
post #1545 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can anyone get some sort of confirmation on when EB is going to be getting a large amount of 360's. They say there are people gauranteed to get them before christmas well its less then a week away and yet I hear nothing from Eb so far. I'm on the list to get one before christmas even though the refuse to say were I stand on that list. Reading around on the boards I don't see anyone reputable saying that EB is getting a big shipment this week to fullfill this phantom gauranteed pre-christmas list. What a bunch of bull and what do I get when they fail to deliver this week? A couple 5 dollars off coupons, what a rip.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #1546 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Target has them bundled W/ 30" LCD, get them quick. Poor business practice though.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000CQVINU
post #1547 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo
Well EB just called and they have my system.. Going to go pick it up right now. All I have to do is make one last call to BB and cancel that back ordered system..YEaaa..
Patrickpiteo... I'm glad you got your system :D
Somehow I felt we NY people had been left out. Just like you I was checking everywhere while waiting for my preorder. Finally, I just could not wait any longer and had to do what I said I would not do... Camp out at BB last Saturday :o

I drove by on Sat night at 8:30 to see what the situation was like, and the first BB I drove by had close to 100 people sitting in chairs, eating, sleeping, etc... I then drove by another BB a mile down from the first one and 40 people were already lined up. I had no choice but to park the car and stand on line. Called the wife and asked her to bring clothes and food.

The night went quicker than I expected since every half hour I would go to my car, stay for a half hour warming up, come out for another half hour and so forth. People around me kept me entertained with music, stories, jokes, cars parked in front of the stores, etc...

I was 41 out of 42 systems in stock. The first guy in line was waiting since 11:00 am on Saturday. Behind me were more than 40 people who knew there were only 42 systems and what number I was and still did not care and waited.

There's always a sad story and this time it happened to a man in his late 40's who drove very far and was like 15th in line. He went to his car around 6:00am and slept in there. At 7:00am BB employees came out and started handing out vouchers but the guy did not wake until 8:00am. At that point all the vouchers had been given out and he was SOL because he had no XBOX after camping out for more than 15 hours. I wonder what his son would say when he comes home empty handed?

Was it worth the wait? YOU BET YOUR :D ss
post #1548 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 06:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Maybe we should start a new thread: When will anybody be able to just walk into a store and pickup a 360? As slow as they are shipping these out, I'll have my PS3 before I get a 360.
post #1549 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruvars
Patrickpiteo... I'm glad you got your system :D
Somehow I felt we NY people had been left out. Just like you I was checking everywhere while waiting for my preorder. Finally, I just could not wait any longer and had to do what I said I would not do... Camp out at BB last Saturday :o

I drove by on Sat night at 8:30 to see what the situation was like, and the first BB I drove by had close to 100 people sitting in chairs, eating, sleeping, etc... I then drove by another BB a mile down from the first one and 40 people were already lined up. I had no choice but to park the car and stand on line. Called the wife and asked her to bring clothes and food.

The night went quicker than I expected since every half hour I would go to my car, stay for a half hour warming up, come out for another half hour and so forth. People around me kept me entertained with music, stories, jokes, cars parked in front of the stores, etc...

I was 41 out of 42 systems in stock. The first guy in line was waiting since 11:00 am on Saturday. Behind me were more than 40 people who knew there were only 42 systems and what number I was and still did not care and waited.

There's always a sad story and this time it happened to a man in his late 40's who drove very far and was like 15th in line. He went to his car around 6:00am and slept in there. At 7:00am BB employees came out and started handing out vouchers but the guy did not wake until 8:00am. At that point all the vouchers had been given out and he was SOL because he had no XBOX after camping out for more than 15 hours. I wonder what his son would say when he comes home empty handed?

Was it worth the wait? YOU BET YOUR :D ss
Great story a little sad for that guy, but to some extent or another we have all been jerked around and nobody cares... Ok I hope their ain't no transit strike in NYC.. Best,
Pat
post #1550 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobwco
Target has them bundled W/ 30" LCD, get them quick. Poor business practice though.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000CQVINU
Going, Going, Going, Gone.............
post #1551 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

You'll be able to walk into a store in late February I'm guessing, and probably not before.
You might get lucky before then, but I dont think you'll be able to walk into a store in January and be able to say "pick me out a few".

For one thing, alot of stores dramatically decrease their purchases after the holidays to do inventory....

Man I can't believe christmas is in a few days :P

post #1552 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmstyle
Can anyone get some sort of confirmation on when EB is going to be getting a large amount of 360's. They say there are people gauranteed to get them before christmas well its less then a week away and yet I hear nothing from Eb so far. I'm on the list to get one before christmas even though the refuse to say were I stand on that list. Reading around on the boards I don't see anyone reputable saying that EB is getting a big shipment this week to fullfill this phantom gauranteed pre-christmas list. What a bunch of bull and what do I get when they fail to deliver this week? A couple 5 dollars off coupons, what a rip.

It is very unlikely that you will get one before xmas. Only if you are in the top 4 at your store would I say it was possible. I too was guaranteed and now it looks like Jan. Albeit I ordered from gamestop but they now share management at the level that is screwing people. Check my posts, the missinformation is disseminating from the top, your local peons are not at fault. At least you get coupons. I usually don't spew negativity like this but I was told that beyond all doubt I would get it the 13th (incidentally the day they arrived at homes from online orders). Then I was told they shipped the 14th and not priority. Today I learned that this large shipment that was too heavy to ship quickly was 5 units despite the fact that my store expected 35 or so. They said another 4 or 5 might come this week. Check my old posts. Sorry. I will likely cancel even though its near the end because a company that treats its employees and customers in such a manner will not get my business. I'll wait with my 3 controllers and 2 games until I can pick one up after work sometime next summer....
post #1553 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I finally gave up. I preordered and prepaid for my 360 back in August at EB, but the manager said he has no idea when they will get any more. He said it would definitely be after the first of the year. Grrr

However...one of the customers at my wife's work had bought one for his son. But his son decided he didn't want it since he's not much of a gamer. So, he sold it to us at his cost. Go the reciept as well, just in case I need it for any warranty work.

FINALLY!!! Now I get to go to EB tomorrow and get my money back.

Xbox Live Gamertag: voodoogmr
PlayStation Network: voodoogmr
post #1554 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Good deal Voodoo. Great score.
post #1555 of 1990 Old 12-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Guys ,I have an extra one that I might be selling if the ex wife doesn't let me give it to my son.I will try to be as fair as possible,if you live in Miami even better
post #1556 of 1990 Old 12-20-2005, 12:25 AM

post #1557 of 1990 Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
post #1558 of 1990 Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 AM

post #1559 of 1990 Old 12-20-2005, 01:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
post #1560 of 1990 Old 12-20-2005, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Buying a core, wireless controller, hdd, recharger for controller, wireless adapter, hd cables, and 4 games was about $150 less than their 3 game premium bundle with surround sound speakers, 1 year of live and an extra controller.

All in all, not a bad deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page