So, post your 360 screenshots and tv u r using - Page 267 - AVS Forum
First ... 265  266  267 268 
Xbox Area > So, post your 360 screenshots and tv u r using
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 11:53 AM 05-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcinvale View Post

I agree there. Nothing like playing the game system with its original controllers except the Atari 2600 as it's joystick was designed for left handed players given its fire button is on the left side of the joystick. A regular Sega Genesis controller works well for the 2600 IIRC, but for the 7800 it has to be modified to bypass the chip inside the controller in order for it to work properly with 7800 games.

back in the day, those joysticks were labeled right handed as you used your right hand to control the stick.

Even the box on the back says right-handed only.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v5n9/ProductReviews.html

"You must hold the 500XJ. Also, not everyone is right-handed-and the 500XJ is not particularly comfortable for lefties who wish to hold the unit in their right hands while working the stick with their left hands."

To get a joystick labeled "left-handed" required that you buy niche products that were uncommon.

jmcinvale's Avatar jmcinvale 12:12 PM 05-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

back in the day, those joysticks were labeled right handed as you used your right hand to control the stick.

Even the box on the back says right-handed only.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v5n9/ProductReviews.html

"You must hold the 500XJ. Also, not everyone is right-handed-and the 500XJ is not particularly comfortable for lefties who wish to hold the unit in their right hands while working the stick with their left hands."

To get a joystick labeled "left-handed" required that you buy niche products that were uncommon.

Oh ok. I guess they figured that most right handed people would prefer the fire button to be used with the left hand. Would have been nice if they had included a fire button on the right as well.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 04:13 PM 05-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

for those that dont get it, i recommend watching Malibu's Most Wanted

I'm surprised anyone at all got that. It's a horrible movie. But that bit made me laugh.
Chairman7w's Avatar Chairman7w 02:40 PM 05-30-2012
Hah! First DVD I ever bought! And first bluRay too! A great movie - and an even better artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

some Purle Rain (big whoop, wanna fight about it?!)

Cool Face's Avatar Cool Face 07:38 AM 06-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I'm surprised anyone at all got that. It's a horrible movie. But that bit made me laugh.

they need to hurry up and release MMW on blu-ray!

"how 'bout hookin' up a brother with some fries?"

"i'd rather eat garbage than listen to you're tired a$$ raps!"

"maybe you should him YOUR a$$!"

how can anyone NOT like this movie!

anyways, i may get shot in the face for this but im posting it up anyways.... played some wii outside

a bit of retro action:
23a8e2bc.jpg

then some wii mario kart. never played it before. this is my first wii ever really.
a01a98cf.jpg

smash bros brawl. its the same as i last remember smash bros on the SNES... i smash the heck out of the controller and once in a great while it looks like i did something on purpose!
3f22960f.jpg

the rotten cherry on top of a pretty fun wii evening:
9c3ee863.jpg
Cool Face's Avatar Cool Face 07:46 AM 06-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Hah! First DVD I ever bought! And first bluRay too! A great movie - and an even better artist.

right on! im trying to setup a concert night outside. have a few concerts on blu-ray but i would definetly include this concert/movie.
Poolshark69's Avatar Poolshark69 07:59 AM 06-11-2012
Updated my system: Added Paradigm Monitor 7's V.6 and a Center 3 channel

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg
Cool Face's Avatar Cool Face 08:42 AM 06-11-2012
^ im diggin the xbmc layout. what theme is that?
Poolshark69's Avatar Poolshark69 08:56 AM 06-11-2012
Actually that is Plex using the Aeon skin with a few customizations by me. Plex is a Mac port (now windows as well) of XBMC. Both XBMC and Plex are awesome in my opinion. I run the client and server on my Mac Mini and then server the media from a Windows Home Server NAS.
Cool Face's Avatar Cool Face 10:37 AM 06-11-2012
nice clean setup though. i wish i had patience for routing cabling! i have a metric ton of monoprice wire twisty things but every time i look at that mess of cables in the back of the tv and htpc area, i have no clue where to start. every time
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 12:39 PM 06-11-2012
you guys don't use velcro? I get the uber cheap kind from places like Harbor Freight.

I love velcro! I use it for everything now! No more plastic cable ties that you have to cut off if you need to change your setup. No tape that leaves residue.
Cool Face's Avatar Cool Face 01:44 PM 06-15-2012
myself i meant to say i had velcro cable wraps. maybe i had a few too many root beers that night but i had ordered something like 50 packs (9 straps in each) of some monoprice velcro straps.... and a russian bride *ZING!*

j/k but i do have a lot of them straps. i think the other reason i give myself to not doing any cable dressing is cause i hate my living rooms' entertainment center. i also have yet to do a full on search for something i like. and its gotta be cheap! the shipping on that bride nearly bankrupted me!
markdavid570's Avatar markdavid570 08:57 AM 06-25-2012
I was planning to look for the best place to ask some questions about setups on the AVS forum, but seeing this post made me think that this might be a good spot to start. I haven't read through all 267 pages of posts, so I apologize if this has already been covered...

My wife and I are in the market to buy a house, which would mean moving and setting up our entertainment center in a new living room. Currently, we rent and have everything on one wall with our couch on the opposite wall. Speaker cables are run along the baseboards and over door frames due to the house being a rental; however, when we own a home, I'd like to run the speaker cable in a more discreet manner. Anyway, we're fortunate that the wall where we keep our entertainment center is not the wall with the heating baseboard, so we don't run into an issue with overheating. I guess my question is whether or not that is a real concern? We have our HDTV, cable box, DVD player, PS3, 360, and AVR; all on an open shelf-type stand. Depending on the setup of whatever house we end up buying, we may look at a corner stand, but we would still most likely continue with the open style. Should we specifically avoid setting up our entertainment center near a heat source (air vent, baseboard, radiator, etc.)? I see in some pictures, people have theirs set up right next to them.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
spyder696969's Avatar spyder696969 09:05 AM 06-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavid570 View Post

I was planning to look for the best place to ask some questions about setups on the AVS forum, but seeing this post made me think that this might be a good spot to start. I haven't read through all 267 pages of posts, so I apologize if this has already been covered...
My wife and I are in the market to buy a house, which would mean moving and setting up our entertainment center in a new living room. Currently, we rent and have everything on one wall with our couch on the opposite wall. Speaker cables are run along the baseboards and over door frames due to the house being a rental; however, when we own a home, I'd like to run the speaker cable in a more discreet manner. Anyway, we're fortunate that the wall where we keep our entertainment center is not the wall with the heating baseboard, so we don't run into an issue with overheating. I guess my question is whether or not that is a real concern? We have our HDTV, cable box, DVD player, PS3, 360, and AVR; all on an open shelf-type stand. Depending on the setup of whatever house we end up buying, we may look at a corner stand, but we would still most likely continue with the open style. Should we specifically avoid setting up our entertainment center near a heat source (air vent, baseboard, radiator, etc.)? I see in some pictures, people have theirs set up right next to them.
Any thoughts and suggestions would be great!
Thanks!

I'd say you came to the right place, given the subject matter here. I suspect that most would block off the vent, preferably in the most efficient manner. What I mean is, completely blocking the vent, rather than just moving the lever if there is one.

I wouldn't want hot or cold air blowing on my electronics.
Jonny5nz's Avatar Jonny5nz 12:33 PM 06-25-2012
I'm pretty sure having cold air cooling your electronics is a good thing. Heating... not so much.
jmcinvale's Avatar jmcinvale 11:13 AM 08-20-2012
DIdn't see this thread until I started mine so here's the link to my Xbox360 setup http://www.avsforum.com/t/1425447/my-xbox360#post_22323517
ClownBaby MC's Avatar ClownBaby MC 11:24 AM 08-20-2012
My new desk

onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 03:55 PM 11-13-2012
did you guys see this article? now that's a man cave...

http://imgur.com/a/SBI7M

qbbraveheart's Avatar qbbraveheart 07:02 AM 11-14-2012
^^^^DAMN!!!! eek.gif

I would kill to have anything remotely to that.
Yrd's Avatar Yrd 05:55 PM 11-14-2012
Are those game discs stacked on top of each other? Talk about a fantastic way to scratch them. Or are they coasters, I can't tell.
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 08:45 PM 11-14-2012
I think they just had a major gaming party so they were out. one would hope that the guy wouldn't normally leave his discs out like that.

though if it was me, I'd make sure everyone took care of my discs!

pcweber111's Avatar pcweber111 10:35 PM 12-23-2012
Wow that's awesome! I love gaming get-togethers. I bet you guys had a ton of fun.
motorman45's Avatar motorman45 10:36 AM 12-31-2012
Here is my projection gaming rig . playing CoD on a 14' screen in passive 3D with an Xbox 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBBZry-2gSE
gearskin's Avatar gearskin 07:19 PM 01-30-2013
heres my setup sorry for low quality

tv: Samsung UN46D7000lf (with Bias Light)

bought the tv after winning 10k on Xbox live for playing Dance Central smile.gif
akumaxv's Avatar akumaxv 02:43 PM 03-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaxv View Post

Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since I posted in this thread. Amazing how technology has moved right along. I recently purchased a Panasonic TC-P60GT50, even though my Samsung Samsung hp-s5053 was still good, I wanted to upgrade to a bigger screen. I will post some pics later.

Some of you guys have some awesome setups. Super impressive!
akumaxv's Avatar akumaxv 08:18 AM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaxv View Post

Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since I posted in this thread. Amazing how technology has moved right along. I recently purchased a Panasonic TC-P60GT50, even though my Samsung Samsung hp-s5053 was still good, I wanted to upgrade to a bigger screen. I will post some pics later.

Some of you guys have some awesome setups. Super impressive!

Updated with TC-P60GT50 and new paint job in apt.

Need smaller speakers though. Using 6 year old Onkyo SR604 receiver. Any suggestions?

madturbosnake's Avatar madturbosnake 10:05 PM 03-07-2013
my setup is in my avatar play the xbox 360 slim star wars limited edition one.
kaotikr1's Avatar kaotikr1 11:34 AM 03-13-2013
Updated to a Sony HW50ES and a couple new subs...

The EMP blast on Black Ops II sound awesome.

teckademic's Avatar teckademic 06:22 AM 03-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

Updated to a Sony HW50ES and a couple new subs...

The EMP blast on Black Ops II sound awesome.

I'll sometimes equip some emps and purposely set them off near me when i have people over to show off the blast from my dual subs.
hiddenleavez's Avatar hiddenleavez 12:15 AM 04-20-2013
So many awesome setup
First ... 265  266  267 268 

Up
Mobile  Desktop