Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 1063 Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

PDZ and Condemned. I can see how this could be addicting. M..u...s...t l..i...m..i..t my....my..myself..

I just got these games too There awsome.

Petition to bring power ranger season 1 to dvd box set
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/prseasonset

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1063 Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 AM

i'm playing pd0 right now. i love this game. joanna kicks a$$. i'm on mission 12 and its wearing me out(playing on secret agent). love the graphics, love the music, and i love seeing joanna with all them guns(especially the rifles).
post #33 of 1063 Old 12-02-2005, 12:00 PM

I got Kameo with my 360 bundle and played it until last Friday when I got PGR3. Since then it hasn't been out of my 360.
post #34 of 1063 Old 12-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

COD2 rocks.......

HeadShooooot, better than the PC right now.....
post #35 of 1063 Old 12-03-2005, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Since the 360's are nowhere to be found I picked up Half Life 2 for my Xbox 1. Since I take my time with games, by the time I finish this 360's should be on shelves everywhere.
post #36 of 1063 Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 PM

With myself, don't have 360........... yet
post #37 of 1063 Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
post #38 of 1063 Old 12-04-2005, 12:29 PM

Liked: 11
So Far I am playing:

Need For Speed: I am up to #4 on the blacklist Joe Vega, Driving the Lambo is pretty nice and it handles well.

COD2: I beat it already on normal but now I am going back through it on veteran. I will say I found it more fun on Normal because you could let the war build up around you rather than hiding and pegging soldiers off one at a time just to stay alive.

Perfect Dark Zero: I am on level 8 and enjoying this game very much, excellent graphics and it passes the time well.

Condemned: I found this game very boring, after about level 5 it has hit the shelf for me for now because it is WAY to repetative. Only so many times I want to do the same thing over and over.

Madden 06': I pretty much only play this with my buddies on the weekend, we have a blast. I'm not really interested in playing the CPU all that much.

Tiger Woods: Good game but nothing special, I dont play it very often but it does get the rare occasion. I think I will be more into it after I beat PDZ and NFSMW, until then I'll put it on the rarely played list just a bit above condemned.
post #39 of 1063 Old 12-04-2005, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Condemned: I found this game very boring, after about level 5 it has hit the shelf for me for now because it is WAY to repetative. Only so many times I want to do the same thing over and over.

That's too bad. It's around that point where I thought that the game kicked into a new gear. At least it did on the hard difficulty. More enemies coming at you at once and some of them armed with some serious hardware. Closer to the end they also throw a bunch of big/bad/ugly dudes at you with flaming 2x4's. No to mention a few cool boss battles...

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #40 of 1063 Old 12-04-2005, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysersose View Post

I'm not on Xbox Live yet so that would be quite the task.

Aside from Gun has anyone here played King Kong yet?
Any members want to post some mini reviews?

I forgot about you non-live folks. Sometimes I guess I live in a bubble.
But you can still get a gamercard on Xbox.com and see all of ours too.

My New Xbox Live Gamertag: General Hazard
post #41 of 1063 Old 12-04-2005, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Kysersose, you can login to free Live Silver and see all the awesome stuff we did! Unless you live in Timbuktu and don't have broadband...
post #42 of 1063 Old 12-05-2005, 02:46 AM

i got my 360 last friday in europe.

pd0 and pgr3, both amazing games and very enjoyable. cod2 turned up on my desk at work today, will try tonight.

great stuff.

krlock2

That's some bad hat, Harry.
post #43 of 1063 Old 12-05-2005, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:

Kysersose, you can login to free Live Silver and see all the awesome stuff we did! Unless you live in Timbuktu and don't have broadband...

Actually... I did live out in the country for quite some time, just dial-up. Now that I'm back in the city I have broadband. Just a matter of time now...

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #44 of 1063 Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 AM

I have been playing NBA 2k6. This is the bests sports game for the 360 right now in my opinion. Its an addictive game.
post #45 of 1063 Old 12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
COD2 for the second time through, this time on Veteran (gotta unlock those achievements!), with some PD0 online and a game of Hexic every now and again. Cracked open PGR3 Friday night to play with some friends online and realize I suck at it. Still have Kameo, Condemned, and Gun in plastic.

-Lee
XBL GT: S4Lee
(Former) MS MVP - Xbox
post #46 of 1063 Old 12-05-2005, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

After finishing COD2 on an easier difficulty level over the weekend, I tried it on Veteran last night for a little while. Holy crap... I don't know how you guys do it! I'd hoped to unlock some more accomplishments on it, but instead it went back to Gamerang today. I've gotta travel for work this week, so when I get home Friday, King Kong will be waiting for me.

I bought Amped3 yesterday. I was hoping for something more SSXish, but it could still be fun.

Xbox Live ID: MihmsMe
post #47 of 1063 Old 12-06-2005, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have been spending a lot of time with Kameo. I don't know how people finished this game in eight hours. I'd wager they didn't find all of the elemental fruit and maybe not even all of the health-up potions. Granted, I am not the best gamer out there, so it may take me a little longer to beat certain enemies. I have to admit that that damned Hydra boss had me pulling my hair out and had me calling Kameo, Major Ruin, and the majority of the time that damned Deep Blue every name under the sun that would make a sailor blush. I can't stand the way Deep Blue controls in the water. After spending a good two hours or more on that one boss battle, the game is fun again.

Logging into the game last night, it said that I have been playing for 11 hours and 29 minutes. I played for another three hours last night in the snow area, and all I accomplished was rescuing Flex and helping out the locals with their problems. Oh, and the side mission with the catapults in the Badlands. This game is a blast. I love just exploring everything. I don't know how much more of the game is ahead of me, but I'm sure I'll spend about twenty hours on it the first time through.

For anyone who is still playing this game, the Christmas clothing pack download is kinda neat. It does cost $2.50, but I think Kameo looks better in her Santa outfit, and the other characters are pretty comical-looking in their Christmas garb, too. It's especially more appropriate since I've been playing in the snow area of the game. I feel it was well worth the cost. However, I did notice that after I downloaded the pack and changed the characters' skins in the game, all of my runes were gone. Don't know if it had to do with the download or another glitch, but I went from about 450 runes down to zero. Ah well, I'll just flit around melting ice blocks and cracking open crates to build them back up.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #48 of 1063 Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post

I have been spending a lot of time with Kameo. I don't know how people finished this game in eight hours. I'd wager they didn't find all of the elemental fruit and maybe not even all of the health-up potions.

I agree. I'm about 4 hours in and haven't really accomplished a whole lot. I like to spend time looking around and finding the hidden stuff. It's fun to talk to everybody too. The locals say some funny stuff.........
post #49 of 1063 Old 12-08-2005, 11:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 91
We spent another couple hours playing Condemned lastnite. We started about 10 and finished right after midnite. There was a cool scene that made us both jump. I have not jumped like that in a long time... My theater was pitch black, and there was no other noise except for the game...Wow, talk about a scary game...We love it...We are having friends over Friday nite to play it with them...Sort of a Condemned party...

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #50 of 1063 Old 12-08-2005, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Beat Kameo a couple nights ago....

At the start of the game, I wasn't as graphicly wow'ed as i had hoped to be....but by the time you get to the end level at the castle....can you say WOW?! It looked gorgeous. The bricks on the castle really reminded me of some Gears of War screenshots.

Overall, I give it a 8/10

XBOX - Hyperplasia | PS4 - Hyperplasia
post #51 of 1063 Old 12-08-2005, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:

We spent another couple hours playing Condemned lastnite. We started about 10 and finished right after midnite. There was a cool scene that made us both jump. I have not jumped like that in a long time... My theater was pitch black, and there was no other noise except for the game...Wow, talk about a scary game...We love it...We are having friends over Friday nite to play it with them...Sort of a Condemned party...

Sounds like a good idea!

Quote:

Beat Kameo a couple nights ago....

At the start of the game, I wasn't as graphicly wow'ed as i had hoped to be....but by the time you get to the end level at the castle....can you say WOW?! It looked gorgeous. The bricks on the castle really reminded me of some Gears of War screenshots.

I really have to play this game soon.

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #52 of 1063 Old 12-08-2005, 09:02 PM

To put it simply. A lot of Halo 2. I've been playing those new game modes that came up about a day or so ago on Xbox Live. Also been replaying Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind. Gotta keep my spirits up for Oblivion.
post #53 of 1063 Old 12-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

just got the 360 yesterday, along with COD2, condemned, king kong, and PGR3...

it's a bit overwhelming trying to get a feel for 4 games in one night, but to the extent that i managed to play any of them, i liked them all.

i've never been a big fan of driving games, but the footage that was always online for PGR3 looked fun, and i have to say i love the game, even though i suck at it so far. i'm for sure gonna lose a lot of hours of my life to this game.

condemned is as unnerving as they say, which is good. and i'm sure it only gets worse...

king kong is great - a lot of fun, and very immersive without any HUD or static screen elements of any kind.

COD2 is like every other WW2 shooter i've played, only much, much better - the framerate is just like silk, no matter how much crap is going on.

anyway - not much detail to report, but just thought i'd throw my hat into the ring.
post #54 of 1063 Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

I got my 360 yesterday and just picked COD2 up with it. I don't think that I've played more than 10 minutes with it yet, but from what I experienced, me likey.

A few days ago I picked up Call of Cthulhu: DKOE. I bought it reluctantly reasoning that there was no reason to buy an 'old' game when I'd have the 360 in hand quite soon. But being a long time Lovecraft fan, and hearing nothing but good about the game, I gave in and purchased it. Great decision. Great game. I played it for a couple of hours on the 360 last night and it works seamlessly.

XBOX Live / PSN: Choocheroo
post #55 of 1063 Old 12-09-2005, 03:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Play more of CONDEMNED only at night!!!

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

post #56 of 1063 Old 12-11-2005, 10:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Hello all.
Thought I'd weigh in on the new 360.
I've bought TW 2006, King Kong, Kameo, Condemned and COD 2.
I'm fairly impressed with all the titles so far putting scores around
Kameo at 8/10
Condemned 7/10
COD 2 8/10
King Kong 8/10
TW 2006 6/10

I would have scored King kong higher but when you play as kong it feels like those segments are bit rushed and not as "fleshed out" as the human play.

TW 2006 really is a gloss over of the other consoles and by not allowing you to remap the buttons (intolerable idiocy of EA) I took off a point or 2. Yet another EA disappointment (other then Burnout series I'm not much of a fan).

COD 2 is great and no real complaints haven't played PD0 yet to see which I favor but i'm sure it's close (at least in single player game).

Condemned I like but it's just abit slower then most like (myself included) nothing really original or ground breaking but still fun to play.

Kameo I really like and it's score might be higher but i have yet to finish it and don't know about the longevity yet. Quite impressed by the graphics and gameplay so far one of the best launch titles.

I've rented GUN which I enjoyed a lot it's a great little game but far to short for me to recommend buying but rent it or buy used for a fun game that does something a little different for a change.

Rented PGR3 and RR6 both which are visually impressive and somewhat fun but I prefer the unrealistic driving experiences of the burn out series which I'll wait for before buying my 1st driving game for the 360. Both are stellar games though and kudos to PGR 3 for the live content such as watching races - good show.

Some of the online games and the Hexic included on the hard drive are good little time wasters as well. Simple but fun the way games should be.

Looking forward to the many great titles coming out soon and cant wait till I can try out my new PJ Panne AE900 with the 360 when I finally get a day off (the 21st) right now it's still impressing me on the my Samsung 46" DLP but I must confess my friends 50" Sony LCD did impress me more with the detail displayed - especially noticable in TA-2006. Both TV's do display great PQ but the edge to the sony LCD IMO.

Cheers
Calv1n
post #57 of 1063 Old 12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

I am getting excited. We are having another CONDEMNED get together tonite...We like to drink and play this game together in a group...We are starting a cult following of this game...Seriously, we are having a cool 360 nite...

post #58 of 1063 Old 12-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Myself, I've played just a little of the three games I got (PGR3, PDZ & COD2). Like many others have stated, I too suck at PGR3. PDZ seems cool, but will take some practice. COD2 really seems awesome and is the one I'm most looking forward to playing. I've only had the system since Sunday night.

Games I'm looking forward to are DOA4, Burnout and especially Ghost Recon 3.

Overall, I need a lot of practice. I'm really new to FPS games, because I only owned a GameCube from the last generation of systems. BTW, I'm also looking forward to Resident Evil 5, because part 4 on the GameCube was easily one of the best games EVER made.
post #59 of 1063 Old 12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cler View Post

BTW, I'm also looking forward to Resident Evil 5, because part 4 on the GameCube was easily one of the best games EVER made.

ditto.

and RE4 is my favorite game of all time.
post #60 of 1063 Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

I realize that Halo is probably the most popular game for the Xbox 1, but is it something I should buy to play on the Xbox360?

I've heard it's great and even remember playing the demo in stores a few years ago, but how does it hold up today?

Would it seem like a step down compared with some of the better 360 launch titles?

Also, if I should buy it, would you recommend buying both 1 and 2 or just skipping 1 all together?

Thanks!

Also, once I get some practice under my belt, I really looking forward to some online play of PDZ and PGR3 and perhaps even Halo.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Mass Effect 3 , Halo Reach Legendary Edition , Assassins Creed 3 , Halo 4 Xbox 360 Game Microsoft , Battlefield 3 , Forza Horizon , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii , Hitman Absolution , Blue Dragon , Nba 2k13 , Borderlands 2 , Xcom Enemy Unknown
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page