Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1063 Old 12-14-2005, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cler View Post

I realize that Halo is probably the most popular game for the Xbox 1, but is it something I should buy to play on the Xbox360?

I've heard it's great and even remember playing the demo in stores a few years ago, but how does it hold up today?

Would it seem like a step down compared with some of the better 360 launch titles?

Also, if I should buy it, would you recommend buying both 1 and 2 or just skipping 1 all together?

Thanks!

Also, once I get some practice under my belt, I really looking forward to some online play of PDZ and PGR3 and perhaps even Halo.

I have a 360 and the first game I bought was Halo 2 (i didn't have an original xbox). The online play is awesome. Get it!

I have since got NFS: Most Wanted for the 360. Love this game. While not near as realistic as PGR3 as far as physics goes, it is just fun fun fun. My only complaint is that they don't have my car - a Nissan 350Z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1063 Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I've been thinking of getting NFS too, because it looks like a lot of fun. I really like arcade racers although I have been practicing on PGR3 and am sucking a little less now.

As for Halo... So I won't be missing much if I just get Halo 2 but not Halo 1?
post #63 of 1063 Old 12-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

As for Halo... So I won't be missing much if I just get Halo 2 but not Halo 1?

The story in Halo 1 is pretty good. I wouldn't want to play Halo 2 without playing Halo 1 first.
post #64 of 1063 Old 12-14-2005, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
^What he said. I was confused with Halo 2 until I put it aside and played Halo first. Then I started Halo 2 over again, and it all made sense.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #65 of 1063 Old 12-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks! It's good to know. I'll be picking both of those up.
post #66 of 1063 Old 12-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks! It's good to know. I'll be picking both of those up.

They have the "triple pack" for $50 now, which has Halo 1, Halo 2 and the bonus Halo 2 maps. This is probably about what you'd pay for Halo 1 + Halo 2 used most places.
post #67 of 1063 Old 12-15-2005, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I've been playing Condemned the last 2 or 3 days. I liked it start with but I'm growing bored with it. Same thing over and over. Someone said level 5 gets it going. I think I'm just about done with level 4. I doubt I'll finish the game if it doesn't get any better in the next couple hours of gameplay. The voice acting is pretty bad and the story isn't any better.
post #68 of 1063 Old 12-15-2005, 02:06 PM

I suppose there has been the occassional complaint on here but out of COD 2, Kameo, PD0, NFS Most Wanted, Condemned and PGR 3...there is NOTHING that comes close to touching CONDEMNED.

Not only is the immersion level in this game staggering, it is by far the best example of "next gen" of any launch title.

If you are into incredibly tense and lifelike experiences, horror, suspense and a refreshingly different gameplay mechanic, this is your title.

Want to see what the 360 can do? Stick this one in. AWESOME. It definitely does kick into high gear in Chapter 5! It was also the fifth best selling launch title (pretty damn good for an original IP). Bring on the sequel!!
post #69 of 1063 Old 12-16-2005, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I've got Comdemned coming today or tomorrow from Gamerang. Looking forward to giving it a shot!

I've been playing a LOT of Amped 3 lately. It's not next-gen stuff, but it's a fun game so far. Not sure if it'll hold that feeling for the WHOLE thing (it's a big game) but so far it's not as quite bad as reviews made it out to be. (though the lack of a full, actual 2-player mode sucks)

Xbox Live ID: MihmsMe
post #70 of 1063 Old 12-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

I picked up the Halo triple pack last night along with NFS. I played NFS for a couple of hours and while it is a fun game, it doesn't seem to have the same next-gen look and feel as some of the other games. If I could do it all over again, I'd probably just rent it. One thing that is really cool about NFS is that in free roam, the world seems to go on forever. When being chased by the cops, you can just about go anywhere. Pretty cool.

I also played Halo 1 (for the first time) and it is awesome!

I've been considering Condemned, but I may rent it first. It sure looks cool though.
post #71 of 1063 Old 12-16-2005, 08:06 AM

i bought zuma last night and played it all night long, damn game is more addicting than geo wars
post #72 of 1063 Old 12-16-2005, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews13 View Post

I suppose there has been the occassional complaint on here but out of COD 2, Kameo, PD0, NFS Most Wanted, Condemned and PGR 3...there is NOTHING that comes close to touching CONDEMNED.

Not only is the immersion level in this game staggering, it is by far the best example of "next gen" of any launch title.

If you are into incredibly tense and lifelike experiences, horror, suspense and a refreshingly different gameplay mechanic, this is your title.

Want to see what the 360 can do? Stick this one in. AWESOME. It definitely does kick into high gear in Chapter 5! It was also the fifth best selling launch title (pretty damn good for an original IP). Bring on the sequel!!

I agree it's very good technically. It also has a very good level of immersion.

Yet, there is no real story to speak of and the gameplay is nothing new.

Games with no story and no character development should not have sequels. IMHO.
post #73 of 1063 Old 12-16-2005, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Can anyone who has played Kameo and found all of the Elixirs of Life (or whatever the health-up potions are called) PM me? I have obtained 11 of the 12, and I can see the last one; I just don't know how to reach it. I've tried for several hours to get to it via different elemental warriors and routes, and I invariably fall to my death. I don't know what else to try. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone still playing it. That's why I want to get help via PM. I can tell you the one I need help with and what I've tried if you PM me. Thanks.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #74 of 1063 Old 12-16-2005, 07:58 PM

Interesting comment Dral. Even though I suppose the gameplay is not technically BRAND new (Riddick is one example) it is pretty damn rare. How many first person games have been nothing but hand to hand object melee combat? Can't think of too many myself. Some games have had that but always with a lot of weapons and I have never seen it done this well or polished. This game is like starring in CSI and Seven at the same time.
post #75 of 1063 Old 12-17-2005, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Condemned came from Gamerang yesterday, and all I have to say is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzz...

I WANTED to like it - I really did! I can't get past how freaking SLOW you move (yes, I know... you can sprint - for a whole 20 seconds), and the melee combat drives me crazy. (I knew going into it that it was primarily melee, but didn't think it'd annoy me as much as it does)

The game LOOKS cool with audio to match, and just the first level made me jump tons of times. But amazing visuals and an insane amount of creepiness don't automatically make for a fun game in my book. To me, arms-reach smackdowns and snails-pace movement don't make for a fun game.

This one's going back in the mail today already. Glad I didn't buy it! (it was in my Walmart bundle until they shipped my console and no games, so then I cancelled my games)

edit... I've got to edit this a bit. A friend of mine came over yesterday and we spent the entire day playing Condemned. It's one of those titles that seems more fun to play with someone else around. I think we're ALMOST done - we finished up in the farmhouse and quit for the night. I'm STILL glad I only rented it though!

Xbox Live ID: MihmsMe
post #76 of 1063 Old 12-18-2005, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
The condemned reviews look good. This looks like it might satisfy my Max Payne 3 appetite for a while.

1080p, where marketing genius and science fiction collide!
post #77 of 1063 Old 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I loved Condemned! Great atmosphere and a good challenge on the hardest difficulty.
Different strokes for different folks.

BTW, play with melee weapons only if you want a REAL challenge.

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #78 of 1063 Old 12-19-2005, 06:05 AM

Finished COD2. Working on trophies in PGR.
post #79 of 1063 Old 12-19-2005, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Most of my time is going towards pgr3 and then some call of duty and then a bit of need for speed underground.
post #80 of 1063 Old 12-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Right now I am playing PGR3 mostly, with a little Kameo thrown in. I love Condemned, but I only want to play it if I have a few hours set aside (weekends) because I don't want to just play that game for 30 minutes or so. Of the four titles I own, PDZ gets the least amount of attention so far.

On comment. Is anyone having difficulty burning CD's into the hard drive and making playlists? I mean, I have figured it out but it seems very anti-intuitive and the interface on the original XBox was much more user friendly IMO. I spent at least 30 minutes of trial and error last night trying to set up a PGR3 playlist.

Still searching for that elusive, "perfect" sound
Gamertag: Going Top Shelf
post #81 of 1063 Old 12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I got an Xbox today, and I also got FIFA and COD2, so that's what I'll playing in the next weeks.
post #82 of 1063 Old 12-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsra13 View Post

I got an Xbox today, and I also got FIFA and COD2, so that's what I'll playing in the next weeks.

I have tried the FIFA demo and it is pretty fun. The thing I noticed is that there is no announcers (like Madden) and there is not many sound effects. It seems like all you hear is the crowd's reaction to the game. Maybe because it is just the demo?
post #83 of 1063 Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post

I have tried the FIFA demo and it is pretty fun. The thing I noticed is that there is no announcers (like Madden) and there is not many sound effects. It seems like all you hear is the crowd's reaction to the game. Maybe because it is just the demo?

The full version of FIFA got terrible ratings, but its the only demo I have not downloaded yet. I'll do it today and check it out, I don't always agree with many game reviews anyway. I'm quite sure its a rushed product like all the other EA sports titles for the 360 right now, but if its fun to you, what difference does it make what IGN or Gamespot rated it, right?
post #84 of 1063 Old 12-25-2005, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

yeah, the full version has announcers and more sounds.

Some people don't like that you only can choose national teams, but the name of the name is Road to The World Cup....

I have FIFA 06 for the PS2, so I don't miss playing with regular clubs.

I have played just a few games but I like the presentation, you can truly see next gen graphics, options there. I also like that when the game is loading you can play with your favorite team, as if you were training.
post #85 of 1063 Old 12-25-2005, 09:50 PM

i started playin NFS and NBA 2K6 this morning. NFS is having issues, but the challenges are pretty cool, evading the police i find to be a lot more fun than the actual career mode. hopefully my exchange wont have any glitches.

2K6 i think is awesome. easily the best basketball game i have ever played. the controls are set up just right, the animations are great, i havent found a flaw yet except in my ability to play the game, AND the same problem i had with 2K3 and 2K5...in that my center and power forward have NO BUSINESS being around the perimeter! me and my friend were doing an East vs. West, and each of us was looking to feed our centers in the paint, and Shaq is wandering around the outside!
post #86 of 1063 Old 12-26-2005, 09:55 AM

I have Kameo which is a real treat as far as graphics go. Beatiful game.

Also have NFS:most wated , awsome arcade style racer with the best police chases bar none.... checked my rap sheet and my best chase lasted over 25 minutes with 37 cop cars involved. You can upgrade all your cars with performance , suspension, and and even customize your cars body. Very fun game.... looks awsome on a 120 " screen and the soundtrack rocks.

I tried Call of Duty 2 at the store and i must say as a computer gamer, i just can't get used to the gamepad controls. Nothing beats a keyboard and mouse and i guess even ghost recon will be unplayable for me
post #87 of 1063 Old 12-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Finished COD2 a few days ago and now I'm working on PDZ.....
FIFA by the way is a great game, so far I've unlocked 3 of 6 achivements. If you're a soccerfan don't pay attention to the reviews and just get this game, it is truly next-gen and fun!
post #88 of 1063 Old 12-26-2005, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Playing COD2 and loving it!!
This game rocks on Veteran difficulty.

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #89 of 1063 Old 12-27-2005, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I just spent 3 hours with Quake IV.

I am near the end of it. 17 hours of gameplay or so.

Just like Doom 3, it's a very old fashioned game. Nothing new here. It's Quake as it ever were, with new shiny graphics and dynamic lighting.

It's tedious at this point and my wrists hurt badly.

Overall I had fun.
It's more a technical exercise than a creative piece, though.
post #90 of 1063 Old 12-27-2005, 09:36 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but is Halo 2 available for Xbox-360? We only see it at Best Buy for the Xbox-1. Maybe it's just Canada.

Thanks guys and wow this 360 is cool!!!!
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Mass Effect 3 , Halo Reach Legendary Edition , Assassins Creed 3 , Halo 4 Xbox 360 Game Microsoft , Battlefield 3 , Forza Horizon , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii , Hitman Absolution , Blue Dragon , Nba 2k13 , Borderlands 2 , Xcom Enemy Unknown
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page