What are you playing? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 1063 Old 12-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
No. No Xbox360 port of Halo2 is available, and I don't think there's been any official word on whether it will be or not.

-Lee
XBL GT: S4Lee
(Former) MS MVP - Xbox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1063 Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Is there no love for King Kong on this board? I have been playing that quite a bit lately and while not a perfect game by any means its quite a bit of fun at times and good for quite a few jitters.

Oh, and COD2 is freaking amazing...

Brian

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

Guide to Internet Forum Posting: Posting and You
post #93 of 1063 Old 12-29-2005, 06:58 AM

Liked: 10
To answer the Halo 2 question - - you have to buy the Xbox 1 version. The Xbox 360 is backwards compatible with certain XBOX 1 games, Halo 1 & 2 included.

My games:

Kameo - I recommend it! Very fun, good looking game.

Madden 2006 - Nice graphics, missing features. If you already have 2006 for another platform, then don't bother with it on the 360, otherwise get it.

Tiger Woods 2006 - Same as madden. I haven't played this one online much though, still just building up my personal golfer.

Condemned - One of the games I wanted the most when getting the xbox, and I have to say I like it. Not as much as I thought I would, but I hear it does pick up in chapter 5 which is where I am now, so maybe it'll revive me.

PGR3 - I'm not a big racer fan, but I have heard so much about this series. It's fun, but I'm not a big racer fan like I said so I'm having trouble getting into this game. Burnout is more my thing I think, but I'll keep trying.

COD2 - Great single player. Great graphics. Online play is kinda stinky. Save game bug is annoying, but IMO one of the better launch titles. You should own or at least rent this.

PDZ - The opposite of COD2. Single player stinky, multiplayer great. Lots of options on multiplayer. If you're an online freak, you'll like this.

NBA2k6 - Gorgeous. Good online play with leagues.

I also rented and beat GUN. Fun game, not next gen, not worth the buy -- rent it. Its just a port so don't expect much.
post #94 of 1063 Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 AM

Call of Duty 2 I've been playing this online. It's not perfect online. When it works it, it's a lot of fun. Amazing graphics. I'm not usually a big FPS player, but this one is very engaging.

Madden 2006 I've been playing Madden since it came out for the Genesis. I toyed with the idea of not getting it for the 360. I couldn't help myself. I'm still getting used to the play calling changes (hot routes seem trickier). It looks wonderful. I wasn't a big fan of superstar mode and the other fluff. Gameplay is realistic and fun.

PGR3 I don't remember ever buying a racing game before this game. This is a lot of fun. It looks next gen to me. It was a big hit with the fam on Christmas Eve, and none of the fam were gamers.

Perfect Dark Zero Blech. Not my kind of game. I bought it used from Gamestop. I took advantage of their liberal used game return policy and exchanged it the next day. I played it for a night, and I really tried to like it. Then I stopped myself and thought, "Why would I try and like a game? They're supposed to be fun, not work."

NBA 2k6 I exchanged Perfect Dark Zero for this. I don't know who I was trying to kid. I love sports games. The AI does a great job during gameplay. There's a few minor problems like my center going to the perimeter instead of downlow. There are ways to fix that during the game. Players look very realistic. Another fun game.

Hexic HD Yep, this is video game crack. I'm pretty good at getting the flowers now. I can't quite get the pearls yet.

One of my favorite functions of the 360 is streaming audio. I have a fair amount of MP3s, and it's nice to be able to listen to them while playing. Streaming pictures of my son during Christmas with the fam was nice for the "aww" factor.
post #95 of 1063 Old 01-01-2006, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
here's what i have been playing so far :

MADDEN '06 - beautiful graphics but just lacking overall in game feel and execution. they also left the RUMBLE feature off which actually makes you miss that little feature a lot...

TIGER WOODS '06 - same as above. seems like an EA rush job, but still fun and looks pretty.

PROJECT GOTHEAM 3 - incredible racing game, great graphics, lots of different modes, no slowdown even when a ton is happening onscreen.

CALL TO DULY 2 - best offline shooter i've ever played. haven't tried online yet. best "next gen" title for my money so far.

NBA2K6 - one of the most realistic "you're in the game" experiences i've ever had. i'm horrible at it but it's still fun, it's THAT good. best sports game i've played for 360 by far.

NHL2K6 - lots of freezing problems in load screens after games in Season mode that are unrecoverable. great game but feels like a port with better graphics. LOAD freeze bug really kills it.
post #96 of 1063 Old 01-03-2006, 10:19 AM

DOA4, PGR3, Madden06, and NFS:MW.

All of these are good to me, I've rented all the other 360 titles available and only Condemned has been worth my time. Although I'm not quite sure I would buy it.

I play PGR3 the most without a doubt.
post #97 of 1063 Old 01-03-2006, 12:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Added 2 new games; Dead of Alive 4 and Quake 4 to my Library over the holiday break.
Both are stellar games I highly recommend them both.
Dead or Alive - 9/10
Quake 4 - 9/10 (single player rating haven't played multi yet)

There is already a ton written up on DOA4 on the other thread regarding this amazing game but don't overlook Quake 4 - It's on the marketplace now for a demo download so do yourself a favor, download and try this game I think you'll be presently surprized ( I know I was I rented it then after playing a bit I ran out and bought it immediately I was so impressed).

For the Canadians out there Zellers has $20 off ALL 360 games so rush out and stock up while they have this promotion

Cheers
Calvin
post #98 of 1063 Old 01-09-2006, 12:01 AM

Liked: 29
madden and call of duty two..they are sweet
post #99 of 1063 Old 01-09-2006, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

NEED FOR SPEED: Most Wanted rocks!
post #100 of 1063 Old 01-09-2006, 05:39 PM

COD 2 - A+
Amazing game play, graphics and sound.

Kameo - A
Beautiful graphics and very fun game play.

PGR 3 - A-
This game is really growing on me. At first I was a bit disappointed with the graphics. On a 106" screen there are quite a few jaggies present when you're actually racing in game...but, the game is a hell of a lot of fun and sometimes the graphics are amazing. The detail in the environments is awesome, even with the jaggies. Plus, it's a blast driving around the major cities listening to your tunes being streamed from your pc.
post #101 of 1063 Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I really like pgr3, my only problem with it is that my trigger finger gets really sore really fast holding it down for so long!

I'm glad you mentioned the custom soundtrack option - this weekend I ripped about 500 songs to the hard drive only to find a very few games (this one, and nhl2k6 which I no longer own) utilize the feature. Games you would think you'd be able to use your own soundtracks for (tiger woods, tony hawk, madden) don't have the option.
post #102 of 1063 Old 01-10-2006, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Tiger Woods '06 came from Gamerang yesterday. I only played 9 holes last night - it looked OK, but the fun level was so-so. I've never played a golf video game before, and I wasn't trying to get fancy with spins or anything - I was just whackin' the crap out of it. I parred 5 holes, and exceeded my shot limit on the other 4.

Quake is growing on me more and more, but I HATE the horrific load times! You can get into some tough spots where it can take you a few tries to make it through an area, and each time you die you have to sit through the same 20 second(ish) load period - regardless of if you walked 100' or 1' before you last died. Too bad there's no co-op on this one - it'd be a fun one for it if the corridors were wider and there were more baddies.

Xbox Live ID: MihmsMe
post #103 of 1063 Old 01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm playing DOA4 now, having a lot of fun with it.

GT: rsra13
post #104 of 1063 Old 01-17-2006, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

COD 2: Unreal. Best offline experience for me ever. Online is the best ever as wlell, when the game doesn't lag. This happens more than I like, but it's so GD fun when it works smoothly that I deal.

P.S. If you get sniped by Gamelover 360, you'll know you were put down like a dog with lots of TLC
post #105 of 1063 Old 01-22-2006, 03:05 PM

My favorite games so far are the following:

Amped 3 - I didn't think snowboarding games would be my thing but I became addicted to this one. It is awesome. The cut scenes alone are worth the purchase. Don't think of it as snowboarding, think of it as saving the world by breaking your bones and doing cool tricks in the process.

COD 2 - A lovable tromp through WW2.

Need for Speed Most Wanted - The cops aren't super smart but it sure is fun out running them.
post #106 of 1063 Old 01-22-2006, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr View Post

NEED FOR SPEED: Most Wanted rocks!

I cant believe this game isnt getting as much attention as it should. I own it for ps2 and I HATE IT!..It is god awful looking and looks like garbage and the gameplay is worst than the look of the game...I downloaded the demo for 360 and all I can say is wow it feels like a totally different game from the weight of the cars down to the atmosphere...Much more enjoyable than the ps2 version...
post #107 of 1063 Old 01-22-2006, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I just won Kameo off of Ebay for $19.99 with $4.85 shipping...Good deal I shall be playing this for a while....

Call of Duty 2
Kameo
Fight Night Round 3

Should hold me over until Summer
post #108 of 1063 Old 01-26-2006, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Right now I'm still playing a ton of hexic and just started working my way through the single player campaign of PD0.

I still have PGR3 but haven't been playing it too much. I'm waiting for Quake IV to come in the mail.

I finished Kameo and COD2 and sold both on ebay, both are very good games.

I sold NBA 2K6 because I just wasn't playing it too much.

And I sold Amped 3 because they totally ruined this game by changing the controls and trying to make it a hip stoner snowboarding game.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: MisterxboxNJ
post #109 of 1063 Old 01-26-2006, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNJ View Post

Right now I'm still playing a ton of hexic and just started working my way through the single player campaign of PD0.

I still have PGR3 but haven't been playing it too much. I'm waiting for Quake IV to come in the mail.

I finished Kameo and COD2 and sold both on ebay, both are very good games.

I sold NBA 2K6 because I just wasn't playing it too much.

And I sold Amped 3 because they totally ruined this game by changing the controls and trying to make it a hip stoner snowboarding game.

I played Hexic yesterday seems a lot like Bejeweled I love those types of games...But I dont play it much though although a good puzzle type game...
post #110 of 1063 Old 01-27-2006, 06:47 PM

Just picked up my 360 yesterday, and didn't buy any games with it. With a couple of exceptions, I'm a try-before-you-buy kind of guy. A game has to have a great, replayable single player experience (a la KOTOR) or great multiplayer ( a la Halo 2) for me to buy it.

At first I just played all the Demos I could find, and want to check out Kameo and PGR3 as a result. Hexic HD and Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved are more addictive than crack. I've played those the most of anything.

I rented Condemned last night, and it looks and sounds great, but I found myself getting pulled back into Hexic after the first Chapter finished... Will try it again tonight. The atmosphere is fantastic, but battling enemies is a little bit too repetitive, and the forensic tools seemed kinda tacked on and kinda hokey. "Now pull out your 'evidence detector'..."

Will be buying CoD2 soon, and renting Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3.

What I'm REALLY looking forward to though, are Mass Effect and Oblivion.
post #111 of 1063 Old 01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matted View Post

Just picked up my 360 yesterday, and didn't buy any games with it. With a couple of exceptions, I'm a try-before-you-buy kind of guy. A game has to have a great, replayable single player experience (a la KOTOR) or great multiplayer ( a la Halo 2) for me to buy it.

At first I just played all the Demos I could find, and want to check out Kameo and PGR3 as a result. Hexic HD and Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved are more addictive than crack. I've played those the most of anything.

I rented Condemned last night, and it looks and sounds great, but I found myself getting pulled back into Hexic after the first Chapter finished... Will try it again tonight. The atmosphere is fantastic, but battling enemies is a little bit too repetitive, and the forensic tools seemed kinda tacked on and kinda hokey. "Now pull out your 'evidence detector'..."

Will be buying CoD2 soon, and renting Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3.

What I'm REALLY looking forward to though, are Mass Effect and Oblivion.

Keep Kameo as a rental...While it is a great game I cant see much replay value out of it...Im returning mine today.
post #112 of 1063 Old 01-29-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:

"What I'm REALLY looking forward to though, are Mass Effect and Oblivion."

I just started playing Quake 4....I recommend that while you wait on Mass Effect; which I also plan on getting...that and Too Human......and Halo 3 of course.

I started PDZ, but then I came across the trailer and demo for Quake 4 ,.

I also have NBA Live 06, but I mainly got it just to have a basketball game for the 360. I didn't purchase one for my Xbox. The last time I purchased a bball game was NBA 2K for the Dreamcast.

"The dfference between men & boys is the cost of their high-tech toys!" :)
post #113 of 1063 Old 02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

right now im playing cod 2 and doa 4. i must admit, when i first got a 360 i thought the system was real wack, but its really grown on me. i was pissed off when i got doa4, but the more i played, the more i loved it. i had no problems with cod2 because i loved it for pc. im waiting for fight night 3, and ghost recon to come out and ill be happy happy happy!

my only problem now is deciding whether to get an hdtv now or waiting til the ps3 comes out.
post #114 of 1063 Old 02-02-2006, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm still playing hexic an aweful lot, I believe I have all the accomplishment other than the Captain of the Sea (Black Pearl FLower). I started PD0 but am still on the second single player level, and I'm about mid way through the career on PGR3 on Silvers.

I still haven't popped in Quake 4.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: MisterxboxNJ
post #115 of 1063 Old 02-02-2006, 05:36 PM

My wife is hooked on Zuma and can spend hours a day playing it. Now if I can only get her to spend that much time cleaning the house and cooking dinner

PSN: golfinhi
post #116 of 1063 Old 02-05-2006, 08:46 AM

PDZ for me 90% of the time. Just reached 100 players INFECTED, I love that mode! Other than that, the FN3 demo, that game is going to be awesome!
post #117 of 1063 Old 02-06-2006, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Dead or Alive 4 -- great backgrounds, very good character models, fast gameplay, and enough variety in modes and styles of fighting to keep it interesting. I've been frustrated by the difficulty of winning story mode with some characters, because I've not yet mastered their styles. But I think it will be rewarding to "beat" this game.

Call of Duty 2 -- I've just started, but I'm impressed with the level of "immersion." I'm a bit surprised by the "T" rating; this thing is pretty intense and realistic, and war is Hell.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #118 of 1063 Old 02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

PGR3 - Stunning graphics, fun gameplay, I've always liked this series.

DOA4 - same description as PGR but wow the offense has really been amped up on this version. Peeps that had a hard time countering in the last few games REALLY will have a hard time now. And of course the usual 'bounciness'...lol.

PD0 - I haven't had much time with it but so far I like it. Reminds me of Deus Ex : Invisible War for some reason.

Arcade games
Robotron - I was addicted to this back in the day and had to have it once I found out it was on live marketplace.

Geometry Wars - HARD but extremely fun. I also love the graphical style the evolved version has. This is actually now my favorite Live arcade game.

Smash TV - Another old-school arcade game I lost too many quarters on and still love to play. Seems a little harder than what it was back in the day. Maybe I'm just getting old...lol.

Wokisan
AVS / AGE
post #119 of 1063 Old 02-23-2006, 08:21 PM

Peter Jackson's King Kong - First time through, 70%. Under 2 hours left and I think I'll have beat it. Good game, great atmosphere. Feels a little short, maybe worth a rental or at least wait until the price drops. I got as a Christmas present so its cool.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Bought it a few weeks ago, I beat a few of the people on top of the black list. Haven't had much time to play, but I'm going to try to get some more game time in this weekend. Very fun game. I loved the demo and this is just gives me more mayhem to cause.

Geometry Wars - Come on, its Geometry Wars

Cool Beans
post #120 of 1063 Old 02-24-2006, 01:19 PM

PGR3 - A placeholder until Forza 2 comes out. I miss customizing my cars, and I like driving cars that I have any sort of goal to afford.

DOA4 - Button mashing fun.

Dane
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Mass Effect 3 , Halo Reach Legendary Edition , Assassins Creed 3 , Halo 4 Xbox 360 Game Microsoft , Battlefield 3 , Forza Horizon , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii , Hitman Absolution , Blue Dragon , Nba 2k13 , Borderlands 2 , Xcom Enemy Unknown
Gear in this thread - 2k13 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page