What are you playing? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I just finished Condemned a few days ago... it still has me returning to it "just for kicks". I also started Perfect Dark Zero the other night.

Playing it at the "Perfect Agent" difficulty might be my downfall. I'm finding it quite challenging and I'm looking at many checkpoint restarts.

What Xbox games are you playing at the moment?

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm addicted to Hexic and spend waaay too much time playing that.

On COD2 I made it to the start of the last mission last night and then called it a night. That's Gameranged, and when I return that I've got King Kong coming next.

I'm also playing PD0, but forget how far I am. I either JUST rescued Jack from the old Chinese guy's fortress, or I'm still working my way through the complex towards him.

I started Quake 4, but lost ALL my game saves when I entered my Gamercard for Live (I'd set up my 360 with a profile that had the same name as my Gamercard, and my fresh Gamercard overwrote that profile) and I haven't gone back to this game since then.

Xbox Live ID: MihmsMe
post #3 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

PGR3. Lots of it. Tons of PGR3. Specifically, PGR3 online in ranked races. Did I mention I play an unhealthy dose of PGR3 online?
post #4 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

PDZ and Condemned. I can see how this could be addicting. M..u...s...t l..i...m..i..t my....my..myself..
post #5 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
PGR3 90% of the time, with breaks for PD0. When I finish PGR I will focus on PD0. I am on lvl 7 now and not sure how far that is into the game really. Oh and I am playing Geometry Wars, and CRUSHING Islanti's high score! (Only AVS player on my friends list playing GW)

I just signed up for the game renting service and put Condemed in so I should be playing that soon.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #6 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
PD0, COD2, and Condemned. I'm not getting too far in any one game because I keep switching up between the three. Plus, online multiplayer takes a lot of my in-game time away. I've also surprisingly been into Hexic HD. I've tried the trial version of Joust, Gauntlet, and Geometry Wars for old time's sake.

I'm waiting for GR3 or for COD2 to get patched - then I'll really be happy.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #7 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

Oh and I am playing Geometry Wars, and CRUSHING Islanti's high score! (Only AVS player on my friends list playing GW)

I see how it is! I'd like to point out our relative GamerScores...
FCone's GamerScore

Now that's out of the way... I mostly finished Gun. I don't think I'll be getting the remaining achievements. I'm playing CoD on Veteran, trying to get more GamerScore. I'm also playing around with the achievements on the various Arcade games. I'm not allowed to play Condemned while my wife is in the room, so that limits my time there.
post #8 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

How was Gun? I was thinking of renting it...

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #9 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

We don't need a thread for this I can see all of your info right in the menu, what you have played, how far you got, how many acheivements, etc.

My New Xbox Live Gamertag: General Hazard
post #10 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I'm not on Xbox Live yet so that would be quite the task.

Aside from Gun has anyone here played King Kong yet?
Any members want to post some mini reviews?

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #11 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysersose View Post

Aside from Gun has anyone here played King Kong yet?
Any members want to post some mini reviews?

I second all of that- I was also wondering about both Gun and Kong. I've read many reviews through Gamerankings, but I'm interested in what "real people" -- namely, us! -- think of these.

And please let us know- would you BUY or just RENT a given game? Condemned sounds like a great ride, but more like a rental, all things considered. Perfect Dark, however, is one I'm thinking of buying- since with the multiplayer (and bots, even) it seems to have more longevity. Opinions?

Gamertag & PSN: Stimpy7
post #12 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
NCAA Football 2006 Still trying to get the 'horns to the Rose Bowl. The thread wasn't exclusively for xbox360, was it?

tum
DonationDoubler
post #13 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Regarding King Kong, I attempted to download the demo from Live yesterday, and I couldn't find the thing. I know it was available last week (or at least I think it was on the list that Microsoft released leading up to the release of things that would be available on Live at launch). Am I too late? I just got my Xbox yesterday. Where would I find it?

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #14 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 PM

the only demos i've seen for download, so far, have been: nba live '06, need for speed - most wanted and kameo. i wish they'd put the kong and call of duty demos up....
post #15 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm mostly playing FIFA 06 Road to the World Cup and loving it, especially on LIVE.
Also playing COD2, finished the Russian missions last night, it's an awesome game.
post #16 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Gun is "OK" in my opinion. It's fun to play and has a decent story. The graphics are not stellar and the animations are mediocre. It's not a long game, and I'd recommend playing on the harder skill levels to extend out the gameplay somewhat. It was very easy on "normal" up until the final boss. It's definitely worth a rental, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it.

King Kong is a lot of fun. I'm about half-way through the game according to the in-game percentage complete meter. I've fought as Kong a couple of times. Found the controls a bit awkward, but fun once you got the hang of it. Nothing like snapping the V-Rex's jaw open to kill it! It can get a bit repetitive at times (many of the environments look very similar). Fortunately, as I started to get bored the game threw something new in to spice it up. The puzzles start ramping up in complexity as well, although I thought this aspect was a bit abrupt (easy, easy, pretty hard). There are also some interesting gameplay mechanics. Ammo is rare, so you must use bones and spears around the environment instead. It's more challenging, but doesn't feel forced. Graphically, it looks very good. I did see a bit of framerate drop in one sequence where you're on a boat throwing flaming spears. Every time the 360 had to overlay the water and fire effects it would choke. Other than that, it's been very good graphically (measuring against CoD2 as excellent). All in all, I'd recommend this one. There's enough longevity to keep the game entertaining. I will say I'm playing it between other games, rather than in one long go. I'm not sure it would hold it's appeal as much that way.
post #17 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanti View Post

It's definitely worth a rental, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it.

I should say "again". I was forced to buy it as part of the Gamestop silver bundle. I don't regret getting it. I wouldn't have the system otherwise! It isn't worth $60, or $50 on the "legacy" systems for that matter.
post #18 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar View Post

PGR3. Lots of it. Tons of PGR3. Specifically, PGR3 online in ranked races. Did I mention I play an unhealthy dose of PGR3 online?

Same here but I find the Ranked Online Races stupid.. I'd rather Ranked games with Ghost on... To many f.ucktards ramming the sh.it out of me in turns.. Hell I was Laping someone and he rammed me in a turn and ended up getting 3rd... WHERES THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have a hard time staying in rooms because the Host boots me because he can't never beat me...

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
post #19 of 1063 Old 11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Playing PDz and Kameo , and both are excellent !

My cousin beat Kong in about 10 hours and I watched him play some of it ... I would say only a rental for Kong . It did not impress me from a gameplay standpoint or graphically for that matter . Playing as Kong is cool but playing as Jack is just plain boring IMO .

Condemned should probably be a rental since it offers such short gameplay (can be beat in 5-6 hours from what I have heard) . I plan to rent it myself since it does look like a good time .

---------------- Jason
post #20 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 AM

Just finished Condemed last night. Cool game and story. Kameo is next.........
post #21 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Playing PDz and Kameo , and both are excellent !

Condemned should probably be a rental since it offers such short gameplay (can be beat in 5-6 hours from what I have heard) . I plan to rent it myself since it does look like a good time . ---------------- Jason

Maybe a wee bit of an exaggeration. 10 hours or so would be more accurate the first time through. Personally, I'd rather an engrossing 10 hours than a game that drags on.......
post #22 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:

Maybe a wee bit of an exaggeration. 10 hours or so would be more accurate the first time through. Personally, I'd rather an engrossing 10 hours than a game that drags on.......

I agree. Play it on the highest difficulty and there is no way that this game is beat in 6 hours. Not without a walk-through and constant running through the game while looking for squat.

This game is definitely a 10 hour + game on the hardest difficulty and the will to find items.

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #23 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

I only have PG3.... ;-(

will get a new game this weekend, maybe COD2.....

I do need some serious advice on PG3 cos I suck really bad.....
post #24 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFreezed View Post

I do need some serious advice on PG3 cos I suck really bad.....

I sucked all throughout PGR2, mainly online, and it looks like it will be the same way with 3. I've only done the first London race so far in career mode, but I haven't been able to finish above third place on only the Medium setting. Sad. So sad. Once I put more time into it, I'm sure I'll get better, but there's too much other good stuff to play in the meantime.

I'm loving Kameo. I played through level 0 of Perfect Dark Zero. I have yet to put CoD2 and Condemned in the system. I'm saving those for this weekend when I can dedicate some serious hours to each so I can immerse myself.

I will say that it looks like PD0 will piss me off if I have to start each mission from the beginning every time I die in order to get stats.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #25 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcomet View Post

--- I agree but I have heard from several people now that have beat the game in about 6 hours (which is not to say it would not take longer on the hardest difficulty setting , most games do) . Even the local GameStop employees have said people have complained about how short the game is . I think Condemned looks great but I have yet to play it myself so I am not making any judgments at this point .

---------- Jason
post #26 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:

Even the local GameStop employees have said people have complained about how short the game is. I think Condemned looks great but I have yet to play it myself so I am not making any judgments at this point .

Play it on the hardest difficulty and it will last longer than 6 hours.

My Nephew's are like the guys you heard about at GameStop. They finish a game in a few days and complain about how fast and easy it was to beat. The funny thing is... they played it on the easy setting and sometimes use a FAQ guide when/if they get stuck.

Ash - Army of Darkness
post #27 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm playing COD2, and NBA 2K6. I find them both great games although I've yet to play anyone online.
post #28 of 1063 Old 12-01-2005, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

By the way I'm fivemillionwayz on live if anyone wants to add me to their list.
post #29 of 1063 Old 12-02-2005, 12:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Ok , started playing Condemned and while it is creepy as all get out (which I usually like ... being a Fatal Frame fan) I really do not care for the gameplay so far (I am sure it will get better) . The main character moves a bit sluggish and I don't get into using the investigation gear all that much . But like I said I am early on into it so maybe it will draw me in and I'll end up luvn' it .

---------- Jason
post #30 of 1063 Old 12-02-2005, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Don't forget, there is also a run button. He also seemed to move differently when he was badly hurt, could be my imagination. The gameplay does pick up when you start facing multiple enemies.

Are you playing it on hard?

Ash - Army of Darkness
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Mass Effect 3 , Halo Reach Legendary Edition , Assassins Creed 3 , Halo 4 Xbox 360 Game Microsoft , Battlefield 3 , Forza Horizon , Call Of Duty Black Ops Ii , Hitman Absolution , Blue Dragon , Nba 2k13 , Borderlands 2 , Xcom Enemy Unknown
Gear in this thread - 2k13 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page